Home PEx Sports PBA

PBA Website, Social Media

Marshall_MattersMarshall_Matters PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
What can you say about the league's website? Sobrang medieval na. A few updates here and there pero parang government agency ang website nila.

Sa dami ng pera na pumapasok sa liga, ni hindi man lang nila magawang up to date ang website nila.

Compared to the NBA, parang gawa ng kinder ang website ng PBA. Their stats are not available pa, much better pa yung pbaonline eh, kahit papaano may mapapala ka pag nag research ka about stats.

Is this also under PBA's marketing? Sobrang backwards pala nila talaga. Di na nag adjust sa makabagong panahon.

Then sa social media naman, their lone Twitter account eh pinaghahalo pa ang PBA at PBA D-League updates, sobrang walang kwenta.

Compared to the NBA, may instant replay agad sa Twitter or Instagram pa nga eh.

I think dapat kumuha sila ng marketing person na kayang kayang i-adjust ang jurassic mindset ng nasa PBA Office para makasabay sa technology. Sayang. PBA is a great marketing tool, hindi lang narerealize ang true potential dahil sa kasabawan ng mga nagpapatakbo.

Comments

• Max_BuwayaMax_Buwaya PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    anong creative juice ba ang maeextract ng pba sa japeyk na marketing incharge nila :lol::lol:

kung meron man :lol::lol:
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Exactly my point about Rhose Montreal. While she may have been perceived as a valuable asset by the Board, what she has accomplished isn't really something to gloat over. I haven't seen anything revolutionary that Montreal has done over the years that could make her indispensable.

Yes, the PBA website and social media (or anything digital in platform) is under her care. So are the PBA Properties, another medium that won't just generate additional revenues but provide additional marketing mileage. Yet, these are nowhere close to being ideal.

Noli Eala has been, by far, the best marketing person that the league has ever had. He had to go through a lot when he was a Commissioner - reeling from the woes of the Jun Bernardino era where the Fil-Shams flourished. And it was in his era when the drug scandal came out - a move that merited the suspension of players like Jimwell Torion, Jun Limpot, Noli Locsin, Davonn Harp, Dorian Pe?a\, among others. It was a difficult period that Eala had to go through - but he was able to wade through this by coming up with innovative ways to bring back the fans - the Crispa-Toyota reunion game, the P5 ticket at general admission, the bringing back of foreign teams in the Invitational tournament (albeit, a flop), among others. Ultimately, the PBA was able to restore the trust and confidence of the fans.

It has been shaky the past couple of years. The controversies of Chito Salud, topped by the 2013 rookie lottery draw, and then the horrible start of Chito Narvasa as Commissioner, only compounded to the PBA's miseries. But it's not Narvasa alone who's the culprit. The PBA Board is just about as guilty as anyone else. And the Montreal rehiring is perhaps the single, most deplorable act that the PBA has made in its 41 year old history.
  • angel_thegame11angel_thegame11 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    walang kwenta official site nila ang maganda lang sa kanila yung live boxscores mas maganda pa yung unofficial site http://www.pba-online.net/
  • donjuan0010donjuan0010 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    May website pa pala pba?! akala ko nga namatay na. Buti pa nga dati medyo matino pa pba ph tsaka yung forums sa pba ph dami din nagpamember at madalas may riot haha sana ibalik nila.
  • gilarmikidgilarmikid PEx Rookie ⭐
    Tipid pa more! Cost-cutting.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    basta may games sa Sports5 channel sa YouTube solve, never ako nagagawi sa website ng PBA, dial-up days pa siguro

yung Twitter naman ay may silbi kahit papano pag walang livestream
  • danngarciadanngarcia PEx Rookie ⭐
    If I'm not mistaken, outsourced ang maintenance ng PBA website sa Inquirer diba? Pati d-league yung website nila hosted rin ng Inquirer.

Kung gusto nilang i-outsource yung website, sana sa Sports5 na lang nila pinahandle since sila naman yung may hawak ng video rights.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    danngarcia wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, outsourced ang maintenance ng PBA website sa Inquirer diba? Pati d-league yung website nila hosted rin ng Inquirer.

Kung gusto nilang i-outsource yung website, sana sa Sports5 na lang nila pinahandle since sila naman yung may hawak ng video rights.

There really shouldn't be a problem regarding the video rights. While TV5 may have the rights to these, the PBA has direct access to this. Hence, the official website should have ready access to these materials at any given time.

I don't think the problem is with the provider. I think it's more of the direction that the PBA is capable of giving to the outsourced provider. If there's no vision coming from the marketing department of the league as to how the website should be like, then the provider can only do so much. Let's even assume that the provider is also given a free creativity rein by the league, the approving body remains the PBA marketing group.

This is where the incompetence is glaring. Add to the fact that the stat gatherers are also outsourced. The least the marketing department can do is mandate Fidel Mangonon's group to provide up-to-date statistics to the website at the end of every game for regular updating.

Unfortunately, no one seems to be in charge here...
  • danngarciadanngarcia PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yup. Fidel Mangonon's group is outsourced tsaka yung software na ginagamit nila ngayon (FIBA LiveStats) is actually freeware. Naisip ko tuloy parang tinipid yung stats, outsourced na nga yung statisticians, wala pang pambili ng software ang PBA.

Back to the website, yung profile pictures ng mga players di updated tsaka di consistent. For example, pansinin nyo yung picture ni Matt Ganuelas-Rosser, parang cropped photo lang galing sa wedding picture nila.
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    dami daming magagaling sa IT dyan e kayang kaya gawing world class yung website kaso tipid na tipid sila. di nila alam dagdag revenue din yun dahil pwede sila magpalagay ng ads doon.
  • oyen_invaderoyen_invader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    gustong gusto i-penetrate ng PBA ang Asian market by getting Asian imports pero sobrang useless din kasi di namamarket ng maayos kasi gawang recto ang Mktg head. lol
  • cotton_oncotton_on PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wala eh. kailangan talaga ng PBA ng malaking pera for maintaining social media (SM) accounts, like the NBA is doing right now.

NBA has separate SM accounts for mainstream, stats, website, even NBA History. and extensive. aside from FB and twitter, meron din silang account sa instagram, youtube at snapchat.
  • This is what you get when your marketing head did not even finish college.
  • DrewBynumfanDrewBynumfan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yung website ng PBA parang wala na talagang pag-asa, pero may Youtube account na ang PBA ah, dun ata nila i-uupload yung greatest games.
  • death_rowdeath_row PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    We're talking about Rhose Montreal making 1-2 million profit for the PBA. I would have assumed this has been taken cared of as expenses when you as big as an organization like the PBA only made 1-2 million profit.

And they call her successful? a SM account or a website is one of your main bridge to fans overseas, this is unfathomable.