Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread misinformation.

What is the best USED car to buy which is below than Php 300,000 budget. (2016)

Helo guys, Im new to this car industry as in wala pa ako alam regarding cars, ive been thinking of buying a used car (first car ever) pero so far, ang kaya ko lang is a USED one na within Php 300,000 budget. May mairerecommend po ba kayo na USED reliable car with low maintenance.
Thanks in advance sa mga magrereply *okay*

Comments

  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Probably a 10 year old Toyota corolla / altis or a Honda Civic.
  • Thanks po mga sir, regarding mileage, what is the acceptable mileage if bibili ng used car?
  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's not the mileage but the way it was maintained that's important. Look for service records. 10 year old car should have around 100k mileage with an average of 10k per year of use.

    Once you buy it, you still need to change all filters and check other consumable parts such as brakes, hoses and belts. Aside from the engine and transmission, check these:

    Brake system - pistons and calipers as well as pads of course
    Cooling system - hoses & water pump. Check for rust
    Suspension & steering - hoses & pump for steering / clicking or knocking sounds as well. If the car dips when you hit the brakes, the shock absorbers need to be replaced.

    Try to avoid modified cars with too many accessories. People try to jack up the price of a car by saying it's "loaded" but the accessories are usually worthless. Personally, if I were trying to buy a used car, I'd go for everything stock and avoid cars with a lot of accessories.
  • Thanks sir , this will really help me. 👍
  • cotton_oncotton_on PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    is a second hand 2005-06 Honda Jazz pasok sa 300K budget?
  • supernansupernan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    K.I.L.L. wrote: »
    It's not the mileage but the way it was maintained that's important. Look for service records. 10 year old car should have around 100k mileage with an average of 10k per year of use.

    Once you buy it, you still need to change all filters and check other consumable parts such as brakes, hoses and belts. Aside from the engine and transmission, check these:

    Brake system - pistons and calipers as well as pads of course
    Cooling system - hoses & water pump. Check for rust
    Suspension & steering - hoses & pump for steering / clicking or knocking sounds as well. If the car dips when you hit the brakes, the shock absorbers need to be replaced.

    Try to avoid modified cars with too many accessories. People try to jack up the price of a car by saying it's "loaded" but the accessories are usually worthless. Personally, if I were trying to buy a used car, I'd go for everything stock and avoid cars with a lot of accessories.

    Nice tip, i will surely check this parts
  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    cotton_on wrote: »
    is a second hand 2005-06 Honda Jazz pasok sa 300K budget?

    Good recommendation. If you'll opt for this choice, look for the domestic release Jazz and not the Honda Fit which is a converted import and will most likely develop issues with steering / suspension over time.
    supernan wrote: »
    Nice tip, i will surely check this parts

    Hey man, are you trying to fix something up or looking for something?
  • cotton_oncotton_on PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    K.I.L.L. wrote: »
    Good recommendation. If you'll opt for this choice, look for the domestic release Jazz and not the Honda Fit which is a converted import and will most likely develop issues with steering / suspension over time.
    but I'm curious at those 2008-10 Jazz models selling in car selling sites, that they are selling them at 300-350k as well (aside from if they unit is flooded one).

    are they good steal as well, or otherwise?
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    cotton_on wrote: »
    but I'm curious at those 2008-10 Jazz models selling in car selling sites, that they are selling them at 300-350k as well (aside from if they unit is flooded one).

    are they good steal as well, or otherwise?

    Careful if those are B, R, Y and X-plated. As per SC ruling, LTO shall no longer allow registration of gray market vehicles.
  • So after all this research , there was 3 cars i put my eye on, Corolla Altis, Vios , Jazz which would you guys prefer from these 3? :)
  • Noted, Thanks *okay*
  • I would pick the 2001 and up Altis. Although the Vios is much more fuel efficient, the Altis has a bigger body which could absorb impact in case of an accident. I've seen horrible accidents involving Vioses as there are a lot of them. Drivers and passengers, often don't survive.
Sign In or Register to comment.