Can Pia Wurtzbach be the next Darna?

punchkidpunchkid Bipolar Boy ✭✭✭
CXawG2uUsAE8BAb.jpg

Since Angel Locsin announced that she will no longer play Darna in the most anticipated 2016 movie due to health reasons, people are still clueless on who has been selected to play the iconic role on big screen.

Several names circulated like Nadine Lustre who tops an online poll to play the iconic Filipino comic heroine. Among the names mentioned are also Liza Soberano and Kathryn Bernardo.

But since Pia Wurtzbach's crowning as Miss Universe 2015 on December last year, she has been a known choice for the role. The beauty queen is open to playing Darna for the planned superhero film adaptation when she answered one netizen on social media Twitter if she is willing to suit up for the role in case the role is offered to her. A seemingly Wurtzbach answered: “YES! I would love to play the Filipina version of Superwoman! DARNA!”

On January, director Erik Matti admitted that Star Cinema has yet to find an actress who will replace Angel Locsin as Darna. However, there are sources saying that the management has found a perfect actress to reprise the comic role.

Could this be one of the reasons why Pia surprisingly visited Manila last week aside from some endorsement commitments? Was there any possible talks between her and Star Cinema about this much awaited movie?

What do you think?

Comments

• JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! 👁 PBB Loyalist
    punchkid wrote: »
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXawG2uUsAE8BAb.jpg

Since Angel Locsin announced that she will no longer play Darna in the most anticipated 2016 movie due to health reasons, people are still clueless on who has been selected to play the iconic role on big screen.

Several names circulated like Nadine Lustre who tops an online poll to play the iconic Filipino comic heroine. Among the names mentioned are also Liza Soberano and Kathryn Bernardo.

But since Pia Wurtzbach's crowning as Miss Universe 2015 on December last year, she has been a known choice for the role. The beauty queen is open to playing Darna for the planned superhero film adaptation when she answered one netizen on social media Twitter if she is willing to suit up for the role in case the role is offered to her. A seemingly Wurtzbach answered: “YES! I would love to play the Filipina version of Superwoman! DARNA!”

On January, director Erik Matti admitted that Star Cinema has yet to find an actress who will replace Angel Locsin as Darna. However, there are sources saying that the management has found a perfect actress to reprise the comic role.

Could this be one of the reasons why Pia surprisingly visited Manila last week aside from some endorsement commitments? Was there any possible talks between her and Star Cinema about this much awaited movie?

What do you think?

She can do it AFTER SHE CROWNS HER SUCCESSOR in MISS UNIVERSE.
  • private-iprivate-i Member ✭✭✭
    I think she'll pursue Hollywood after her reign.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file