Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

"Trabaho Lang..."

F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
In college I had my small govt. class and one of the speakers that came during the middle of the semester was a lobbyist. She was a liberal and I asked her if she ever lobbied for a cause or person she didn't believe or like, but did it because it was her job. She didn't really go on details but said that one time at least she worked for a person's campaign she didn't like...I doubt that she only did it "once" because of the fact that she crafter her words very carefully as if hiding something...

So Jameaux's post about Gloc9 participating on Binay's daughter's campaign party highlighted the irony that often times people/celebrity often say one thing but does another...and labels it or attribute it to 'work'.

Remember this? He made fun of Roxas up until he showed up on his campaign video, wherein later he said a. he didn't get paid b. he volunteered for his campaigns...

RAMON.jpg

Ramon-Bautista.png

Also this:

mar-comics.jpg
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/03/28/1567002/comic-book-depicting-mar-roxas-yolanda-hero-draws-flak

"Marami po akong naidrowing na komiks pampulitika noon at ngayon. Trabaho lang po, sana'y inyong maunawaan. Maraming salamat po. DUTERTE PO ANG PRESIDENTE KO!"
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/560638/news/nation/illustrator-of-roxas-comic-book-says-he-s-for-duterte

You ever been in a situation where, you disagree with something politically, religiously, or personally but did it anyways because that person/job gave you money?

Did you think about the implications of what you did/are doing in regards to what you actually think/believe/aspire?

Could you be comfortable with doing something you personally dislike/disavow but have to do or encouraged to do because it's convenient or very profitable? Can the two (career/job vs. beliefs) go hand in hand just fine?

Did you feel like a hypocrite doing it? Or did you just attribute it as a 'job'?

Is the media/society/netizens being too hard on these people? I mean there's no link to these things many times (eg. just because Bautista made fun of Roxas doesn't mean he doesn't like his politics or that Binay automatically means hypocrisy for Gloc9 who always advocated the poor and downtrodden, since all of the candidates anyway are rich ie whoever he advocates would be similar to selling out).

:blowsmoke:

[#]WerkWerkWerkWerk[/#] [#]HeSeeMeDoMe[/#] [#]DurtDurtDurtDurt[/#]

Comments

• J05J05 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    You ever been in a situation where, you disagree with something politically, religiously, or personally but did it anyways because that person/job gave you money?

I have not been in this situation but here in this small island they say the same thing it was their "JOB" because it was simply they been hired and paid monthly to do the job.

However, in my volunteer thing - which I don't accept anything because I like being part of doing good deeds to people.
  • Not because of money, but its what i signed up to do. I have yet to do something i myself dont believe in or is against with, so far...

Between Bautista and the cartoonist, mas mahirap yun situation nung una. Iba yung endorsement sa paggawa ng comics.

Ang endorsement ng kandidato, hindi skills mo o talent, kundi ikaw mismo, stance at belief mo ang babayaran o kukunin/ibibigay mo. So ang pagtanggi mo o pagpayag may epekto talaga sa kandidato.

Sa cartoonist, kahit hindi pa sya ang gumuhit nun, meron pa ring iba na guguhit nun. So kahit ayaw nya kay Mar, no point na di nya gawin yun dahil matutuloy yun kahit hindi sya ang gagawa.

Tingin mo?
  • J05J05 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Money speaks, they need money to buy bacon and bread.
    Walang pera? walang pagkain.
  • jcdyjcdy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    J05 wrote: »
    Money speaks, they need money to buy bacon and bread.
    Walang pera? walang pagkain.

I believe the right way of saying it is money talks, nuff said.

Ont: Saying "it's my job" is such a cop out.
    It's a convenient excuse for anyone who does something that they say they don't/didn't want to do, but needed to do it because it's their job.

They are in a way hypocrite's for saying such things. Fortunately I haven't done anything that's required of me because of my work that is against my conscience or beliefs. And I don't intend to do so in the future.
  • amicivanceamicivance PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    For update on the list: let us include Gloc9

Trabaho lang pre, walang personalan :)
  • JUST_JT_JUST_JT_ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    imo iba naman yan si mon votetista. si gloc hindi iniendorse si pandanognog. nagperform lang siya. i believe him trabaho lang because the money was good. nag stay ba siya after performing?
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think trabaho lang is okay unless before accepting that job one is a staunch supporter of another candidate or one is a hater of the candidate you accepted the job for. In those scenarios, trabaho lang becomes hypocrisy.
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Did you think about the implications of what you did/are doing in regards to what you actually think/believe/aspire?
    -in my case, yes.Some people question my loyalty to a kin who's currently on a political post but I produce election paraphernalias for another candidate.kinda hard to be discreet and try to make them understand na I need my investments back

Could you be comfortable with doing something you personally dislike/disavow but have to do or encouraged to do because it's convenient or very profitable? Can the two (career/job vs. beliefs) go hand in hand just fine?
    You won't do something you dislike in the first place:lol: For me, any personal commitments and choices are separated with money most of the time.You need an iron will to actually separate them.

Did you feel like a hypocrite doing it? Or did you just attribute it as a 'job'?

Binibigyan katwiran ko nalang din na dating magkakampi si Binay at Poe pero ngayon magkalaban na:glee:

Is the media/society/netizens being too hard on these people?

Mga netizens naman minsan mahilig makiayon sa uso.if you have unpopular opinion kuyog!if you disagree to what everyone says you're a culprit.whatever!just some judgmental suckers has no place in my world :lol:
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    JUST_JT_ wrote: »
    imo iba naman yan si mon votetista. si gloc hindi iniendorse si pandanognog. nagperform lang siya. i believe him trabaho lang because the money was good. nag stay ba siya after performing?

Pero it's hard to say not eh...

He sold the song to Binay and now he's performing for his daughter's campaign + 2 other rallies on his campaigns. :glee:

"Atty. Rico Quicho heard “Pareho Tayo” soon after its release and went into negotiations with PPL Entertainment in mid-January. The turnover of the rights to the song and music video became effective on February 1, 2016."

Month prior to that, ironically and prophetically, there was a comment by a Netizen on Philstar (when the article on that songs release on SoundCloud) and I quote:
    "Nice Aries!! Sana marinig ng mga BINAY na kurakot mga kanta mo para mahiya naman sa bayan. Kahit papaano makonsyensa sila."
    http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2016/01/16/1543218/gloc-9-latest-single-post-holiday-gift-fans

Sure enough, the Binays heard it alright and bought that song's rights. :glee:

I'll use Jameaux's hashtag...

"I'm not endorsing Binay..." (Gloc9, Manila Times, Feb 3 2016)...but you're sure as hell taking a lot of their $$$.

I actually like Bautista's pakunyari better: at least he came out and said I support him na. At least take a fcking side/be honest instead of taking his money and working for his campaign (campaign = drawing people to vote for him, you work for his campaign esp. the part where you draw your fans/people then = you're supporting that person to get into that office) and then say you don't support him. That invalidates him (and his supposed philosophy too) even more. [#]NHavingTheCake2[/#]

[#]BINAYaran[/#] [#]WerkWerkWerkWerk[/#] [#]DurtDurtDurtDurt[/#]
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Not because of money, but its what i signed up to do. I have yet to do something i myself dont believe in or is against with, so far...

Between Bautista and the cartoonist, mas mahirap yun situation nung una. Iba yung endorsement sa paggawa ng comics.

Ang endorsement ng kandidato, hindi skills mo o talent, kundi ikaw mismo, stance at belief mo ang babayaran o kukunin/ibibigay mo. So ang pagtanggi mo o pagpayag may epekto talaga sa kandidato.

Sa cartoonist, kahit hindi pa sya ang gumuhit nun, meron pa ring iba na guguhit nun. So kahit ayaw nya kay Mar, no point na di nya gawin yun dahil matutuloy yun kahit hindi sya ang gagawa.

Tingin mo?

Going to agree with the statements above. Yung cartoonist, trabaho lang talaga. Hindi nya kailangang i-endorse o suportahan yung kandidato para i drawing yung komiks. I am quite sure he was laughing inside nung ginagawa nya yung panels na pinapapunta sa basement yung mga tao. Considering the storyline given to him, I am quite sure he realized that the comics is just going to bury Mar and not help his campaign so advantage pa ring gawin nya yung komiks para masiguro na ilalabas nga ito ng LP.

Dun sa mga artists naman katulad ni Ramon, yan ang totoong sell out. Pera pera lang talaga at hindi trabaho lang.
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Agree with marcus_hunt too. Ramon Bautista and Gloc-9 are popular celebrities so their mere presence on the stage tells people that they are on the candidate's side. It's not that we don't believe them when they say they're doing it as part of their job but we can't ignore the influence they have on people following them especially the youth.

It just feels sad that Gloc-9 is getting bashed when I truly believe that he is doing these things for his family. At the same time, we can not dictate what people think about him. I met him a few times and had actually spent a few days with him in a music camp as one of our mentors. He speaks about his kids most of the time and how they inspire him. Very down to earth and helpful guy.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    gloc9-with-sheng-belmonte_pr1-copy.jpg
    Gloc9 on Instagram: "Pinag sabihan po ako ng aking management na huwag nang mag salita tungkol dito pero di ko po kaya. Nais ko pong malaman ng lahat na nababasa ko ang mga saloobin ninyo at nirerespeto ko ito kahit na minsan masasakit na ang mga salitang kasama nito. Paumanhin po kung hindi nasunod ang gusto ninyo at mawalang galang na din po sa mga nag sasabing hindi pwedeng TRABAHO LANG ITO dahil ITO LAMANG NAMAN PO ANG TRABAHO KO. Hindi po ito hobby na naging trabaho ito po ay isang pangarap na ipinaglaban ko ng halos dalawang dekada sa kahit na saan ano at kanino at maitutuloy ko lamang ito kung ito ang magiging hanap buhay ko. Ako ay kumakanta sa entablado ng ibat ibang kandidato marahil ay hindi nyo lang gusto ang isang entabladong sinampahan ko. Katulad ng lahat may kanya kanyang dungis na ibinabato sa bawat isa sa kanila gayon paman i wish all the candidates good luck sa darating na elections at naway ang mapipili ay tunay na mag sisilbi at tamang mamumuno sa bayan natin. At sa may mga sama ng loob kung sakaling ang lahat po ng bintang duro at akusasyon ninyo sa huli ay mapapatunayang tama at tunay hihingi po ako ng tawad ngunit hindi sa kahit na sino man dahil higit sa aking pagiging manunulat ng awitin, higit sa aking pagiging ehemplo at higit sa aking pagiging mamamayan ako po ay isang Ama. Hihingi ako ng tawad sa aking mga anak dahil naniniwala ako na sa kanila lamang ako may pananagutan. Salamat po. Gloc-9"

mocha-uson-banned2.jpg
    Mocha Uson (who also busalsal'ed Ramon Bautista when he came out) via FB: "Gloc-9, please don't get me wrong. Kaibigan po kita at ang iyong manager. Mahal at ini-idolo po namin kayo ng aking grupo. Pero sa pagkakataon na ito ang aking puso ay kumirot at nalungkot sa balitang ito. Para mo na ring ibinenta ang ating bayan sa mga politikong alam naman nating hindi karapat dapat mahalal dahil sa matinding corruption. Sana lang ay isinaalang alang mo ang kapakanan ng mga taong naghahangad ng tunay na pagbabago. Nakilala ka bilang isang rapper na isinusulong ang nasyonalismo. Ano ang nangyari sayo? Paano mo nasikmura ito?

May pagkakataon ka pa na bawiin ang iyong suporta sa loob ng apat na pong araw (40 days) bago mag-eleksyon at ipakita ang iyong TUNAY NA PAGMAMAHAL sa ating INANG BAYAN"

[#]Salsalan[/#] [#]TrabajarLungs[/#]
  • Ang akin lang, WALA AKONG PAKIALAM kung ano ang gawin nila dahil 1) hindi naman LABAG SA BATAS at 2) hindi ako NAPEPERWISYO!

[#]MayMasMahalagaAkongIniintindiSaBuhayKo[/#]
  • Mrs.RizzMrs.Rizz PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sila yung mga taong kayang lunukin ang pride, kalimutan ang sarili, para lang mabuhay ang pamilya.

Mahirap talagang kumita ng pera.
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mrs.Rizz wrote: »
    Sila yung mga taong kayang lunukin ang pride, kalimutan ang sarili, para lang mabuhay ang pamilya.

Mahirap talagang kumita ng pera.

ganyan din mga *****...
  • Isipin rin natin na hindi lang ang makapaghatid ng mensahe ang gusto nila kaya gumagawa ng kanta. Kundi para kumita. Madalas kasi itinatali ng mga tao yun artist sa mga kanta nila, oo, maaaring naniniwala nga sila sa mensahe ng awiting ginawa nila pero kasama sa konsiderasyon ng paggawa ng awit eh kung bebenta ba ang mensahe, kung napapanahon, kung medyo bago sa pandinig, kung hindi pa ito nagagawa o napag-uusapan etc.
    dahil higit sa aking pagiging manunulat ng awitin, higit sa aking pagiging ehemplo at higit sa aking pagiging mamamayan ako po ay isang Ama. Hihingi ako ng tawad sa aking mga anak dahil naniniwala ako na sa kanila lamang ako may pananagutan. Salamat po. Gloc-9

He just admitted to selling out. Sa huli daw kapag pera na ang usapan, magkalimutan na.

Not gonna judge him, yun ang priority nya eh. Tinimbang nya, mas importante yun kikitain nya to provide for his family kesa sa sasabihin ng fans.

Life is not black and white, good or bad, its all shades of gray ;)
  • Ama-ronAma-ron PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hati opinyon ko dito sa isyu ni Gloc.

Ok sana kung yung mga kanta nya pang komersyal lang.Yung puro for entertainment lang.Kaya lang kasi yung mga kanta nya na Upuan at yung iba pa may pagkanasyonalistik.

Kaya parang hindi tugma yung sinabi nya na trabaho lang. Pero naiintindihan ko sya. Tao lang din naman sya.
  • It all came down to the question, "Magkano ba ang prinsipyo mo?"

There are just people that can be bought (Ramon, Gloc , Comic guy). Saying its just a job is not a valid excuse to throw your principle.
  • It all came down to the question, "Magkano ba ang prinsipyo mo?"

There are just people that can be bought (Ramon, Gloc , Comic guy). Saying its just a job is not a valid excuse to throw your principle.

agree with you.. pwede namang gumawa ng kanta si Gloc9 and people will still patronize his songs eh.. ngayong sinira na nya pangalan nya, I doubt kung marami pa ring bibili ng album nya..
  • xtrmxtrm PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kawawa si Gloc 9, siya lang yata di nakakaalam na nagamit siya, yun mga Binay,Supporter ni Binay at iba pang nakapanuod alam na ibig sabihin pag artista ka at tumungtong ka sa stage that means you support the politician pero di pala alam ni Gloc 9 yun.