PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at pex-info@pinoyexchange.com. Thank you!

Ramen Lovers

heyitzpaoloheyitzpaolo The Newbie PExer
edited June 18 in Food and Drinks
Anyone here also loves ramen? Share your ramen hub! So far i've tasted a quite good ramen on the metro but nothing can still beat Ramen Nagi for me

10170948_1457528797813652_3896927012063617173_njpgoh349fdc4cc94a64fd38e8bacf97804ff2oe5757CC35
If meron po kayong alam na Ramen Joint please let me know Salamat po!!

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    ^ ano ba talaga lasa ng authentic Japanese ramen?
  • heyitzpaoloheyitzpaolo The Newbie PExer
    depende sa soup based po yung lasa eh, i've tasted an authentic one back in Nagoya JP, same lang ng sa ramen nagi ng butao king nila
  • shadow_dancershadow_dancer Member PExer
    Top 5:

My favorite is Yushoken - Alabang. Dadayuhin ko talaga to, hehe...

Next is Ukokei Ramen for their tatanmen- very memorable because its the first ramen house I've tried :)

Then Ippudo,

Followed by Ramen Nagi

And rounding up the last spot- Kitchitora
  • kelunjikelunji Member ✭✭✭

Iba-iba eh. Ranges from the simple salt broth to the very rich/fatty pig bones broth. The best (IMO) I've tasted is the one from Fukuoka specifically Hakata district-style ramen, very rich and fatty soup with thin noodles and pork slices from Kagoshima black pigs. Weirdest (even for Japanese) is Hokkaido-style with butter and corn kernels.

Still trying to find which local ramen house emulates the Hakata-style ramen. Problem kasi with local shops they start with an almost authentic Japanese taste pero over time they begin losing it and end up tasting like instant mami (looking at you Kokoro).
  • mcsteamy17mcsteamy17 una noche mas ✭✭✭
    Bakit kailangan may eraser yung ramen ? hihihi :hiya:

Naruto buto ko... ...aaahhhh...
    :dizzy:
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey ✭✭✭

Each region have their own way of preparing their ramen. There are also different soup base- dashi, miso, shoyu, etc.
    Top 5:

My favorite is Yushoken - Alabang. Dadayuhin ko talaga to, hehe...

Next is Ukokei Ramen for their tatanmen- very memorable because its the first ramen house I've tried :)

Then Ippudo,

Followed by Ramen Nagi

And rounding up the last spot- Kitchitora

thanks for sharing your list :) I'll definitely try the yushoken :) yung ukokei ramen i tried it yes mas masarap but siguro since ramen nagi una kong natikman dito yung green king eh mas gusto ko pa din ramen nagi :D
    kelunji wrote: »
    Iba-iba eh. Ranges from the simple salt broth to the very rich/fatty pig bones broth. The best (IMO) I've tasted is the one from Fukuoka specifically Hakata district-style ramen, very rich and fatty soup with thin noodles and pork slices from Kagoshima black pigs. Weirdest (even for Japanese) is Hokkaido-style with butter and corn kernels.

Still trying to find which local ramen house emulates the Hakata-style ramen. Problem kasi with local shops they start with an almost authentic Japanese taste pero over time they begin losing it and end up tasting like instant mami (looking at you Kokoro).

yup as what my Japanese acquaintance have said sa fukuoka daw ang pinaka masarap na ramen :) ramen nagi came from fukuoka but may mix lang ng modern cuisine sa pag gawa ng soup based nila
  • ka_denizka_deniz bagong buhay ✭✭✭
    There is an old thread on ramen. Look it up. Dun mahaba ang discussions. Worth noting yung reviews ng mga foodies.
    thank you ka_deniz will surely look it up
    depende sa soup based po yung lasa eh, i've tasted an authentic one back in Nagoya JP, same lang ng sa ramen nagi ng butao king nila

okay. so ramen nagi is an original japanese recipe and not just a fusion dish. eh how about the green tea ramen?

Kokoro at Fisher Mall? he he ... hindi ako bumalik after my first visit.

gooseberry wrote: »
    Each region have their own way of preparing their ramen. There are also different soup base- dashi, miso, shoyu, etc.

then are there restaurants here that offers authentic ramen?

iba kasi yun masarap kasi ina-adjust yun recipe to the filipino palatte.
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey ✭✭✭
    I don't know about your area but I have Japanese folks preparing my ramen.
    okay. so ramen nagi is an original japanese recipe and not just a fusion dish. eh how about the green tea ramen?

Kokoro at Fisher Mall? he he ... hindi ako bumalik after my first visit.

then are there restaurants here that offers authentic ramen?

iba kasi yun masarap kasi ina-adjust yun recipe to the filipino palatte.

Ramen Nagi claims its a franchise from Japan, but I have really never heard of it when I was living there (2003 in Tokyo and Sapporo, 2005-2008 in Kagoshima and Fukuoka, & 2011-2014 in Shizuoka). And the only black ramen I have tasted is spicy Tantanmen, never heard of green tea ramen. I'm of the opinion that some of Ramen Nagi's menu are more of the fusion dish variety. Of course I haven't tried Ramen Nagi yet so baka mali ako.

Yung Kokoro sa SM Fairview. Masarap siya nung early days, we tried during their soft opening. Pero after a few months parang naging Tokyo-Tokyo na yung lasa ng soup base. Its either di patok sa panlasa ng Pinoy so they adjusted or mabusisi yung pagluluto (authentic ones kasi, even yung sa mga school canteen takes hours of boiling pig bones, fish, etc.) kaya nag-shortcut na sila.

Yushoken daw is authentic, kaso ang layo naman kasi (taga-north ako). Mendokoro masarap din, but parang gimik yung liempo ramen nila hehe.
    Green King Ramen is a fusion recipe of Ramen Nagi. More of like a garlic oriented recipe..

Their original is the butao king and Ramen Nagi is owned by a ramen chef sometimes you can spot him visiting his stores here in the PH i guess he is more on a hands on and regularly checks his stores.

Feel free to suggest other ramen joints :) would love to taste their dishes, kokoro ramenya in trinoma seems promising i've only tasted one of their dish and i do hope na masarap din ang iba 😁
  • cachelocachelo Member PExer
    I love Yushoken.
    cachelo wrote: »
    I love Yushoken.
    what's their best dish thay you have eaten so far? :)
    Tried Taisho Ramen today. Ordered their Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen and Chahan. Masarap din, noodles are thin and the broth is rich. Weird though that they put in rayu (chilli sesame oil) in the ramen, its usually only used as a condiment w/ soy sauce in gyoza. Next time I'll ask them to hold the oil. There is also garlic available but you have to crush it by yourself if you want to put some in your soup, I guess thats one way to keep it fresh.
    Tried Taisho Ramen today. Ordered their Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen and Chahan. Masarap din, noodles are thin and the broth is rich. Weird though that they put in rayu (chilli sesame oil) in the ramen, its usually only used as a condiment w/ soy sauce in gyoza. Next time I'll ask them to hold the oil. There is also garlic available but you have to crush it by yourself if you want to put some in your soup, I guess thats one way to keep it fresh.

wow that's an awesome feedback there :) Where's this shop located?
    wow that's an awesome feedback there :) Where's this shop located?

SM North EDSA.

their Tonkotsu uses real bone broth. we tried it without the crushed garlic and it was stenchy. the garlic made the difference. didnt add any chill because we wanted to taste their original recipe just for comparison with the other restaurants.

their karaage is a bit raw.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file