Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Pinoy food for for casual to fine dining resto

nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi guys, my friends are planning to set up a resto here in our city, gusto ko Sana maki sosyo, Pero pare pareho kaming kinakabahan, Kung mag ci click sa mga Kano yung pinoy resto.

Were veering away from the carenderia style like those in LA, yung pritong tilapia, Pansit or dinuguan yung sine serve kasi triny na ng Ibang pinoys Pero nagsara din agad, lalo na sa lugar namin, wala naman ganong pinoy.

Gusto naming style yung maala Alex III ambiance, so inisip namin, Kung ano mga bagay na pinoy food sa ganung setting.

Naisip ko Morcon, chicken galantina, estufado, and chicken barbecue. May ma sa suggest pa kayo? Thanks!
«1

Comments

  • lumpiang sariwa, lumpiang shanghai. pinaupong manok. lechon belly. sisig. kare akre, caldareta, bulalo. bulalo steak, tokwa't baboy. give it a twist. be conscous of food presentation.
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Go research on classical capampangan, Bulakan, tagalog and Ilonggo fiesta cuisine. Yun kasi ang Traditional na fine dining.

    Also, kung ang market mo Caucasian, kailangan i-explaine nyo ang proper appreciation ng filipino dining experience. Remember, our cuisine doesn't lend well to huite cuisine. Family style parin ang fine dining natin. mas may variety pero intricate ang preparation. Meron parin tayong different courses, pero may choices, sa mesa.

    Meron tayong iba ibang klaseng soups and stews like cocido, tinola, nilaga, bulalo, sinampalukan, sinigang, sapa de flan, Milo, etc, pero how is it served?

    May Enselada tayo atchara at kinilaw as appetizers.

    Kay entre tayo Like what buzzkill said.

    Pero to properly present it and appreciated kailangan maintindihan nila yung evolutionary process para ma appreciate yung dining.experience. Kasi kapag dito natin pinakain yung mga Caucasians, nagugustuhan naman nila. Di ba mas maganda, para sa atin ang paghahain ng isang buong Mormon sa bandehado kaysa sa iserve ng naka individual portions na?
  • from experience:

    adobo, sinigang na beef sa sampalok, lumpiang sariwa, pinoy style barbecue, chicken barbecue with java rice ang pinaka patok sa mga Caucasians na nakilala ko.

    The East Asians and Pacific Islanders for some reason like our pork / chicken sisig as well. This is Reminds most Pacific Islanders of the dish kelaguen.

    Good luck :)
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tama! Don't forget sisig.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    why not explore other meat like mutton, quail, pigeon, duck and frogs?

    my suggestion: fine dining 6 course dish

    1st dish (appetizer with any hard bread):
    oysters
    baked mussles
    linasing na sugpo


    2nd course: (hot soup)
    tinola with chicken chunks
    papaitan with dice innards
    nido soup with vegetables
    kesong puti


    3rd course: (seafoods/noodles)
    stuffed frog
    stuffed squid
    relynong bangus
    palabok
    pancit bihon
    pinoy spaghetti


    4th course: (main course with rice)
    chicken barbeque with sauce
    chicken kiev ala galatina
    kalderetta pugo
    lechon belly
    morcon
    tuna belly


    5th course: (salad)
    ensaladang manga
    pinakbet
    chopsuey


    6th course: (pastry/dessert)
    hot ensaymada
    hot bibingka
    slyvannas
    sanrival
    sorbetes aka philadelphia ice cream
    halo halo
    sago at gulaman



    nikkilove wrote: »
    Hi guys, my friends are planning to set up a resto here in our city, gusto ko Sana maki sosyo, Pero pare pareho kaming kinakabahan, Kung mag ci click sa mga Kano yung pinoy resto.

    Were veering away from the carenderia style like those in LA, yung pritong tilapia, Pansit or dinuguan yung sine serve kasi triny na ng Ibang pinoys Pero nagsara din agad, lalo na sa lugar namin, wala naman ganong pinoy.

    Gusto naming style yung maala Alex III ambiance, so inisip namin, Kung ano mga bagay na pinoy food sa ganung setting.

    Naisip ko Morcon, chicken galantina, estufado, and chicken barbecue. May ma sa suggest pa kayo? Thanks!

    if you are a great cook, you could turn any peasant food into a fine dining master piece.

    hindi naman fine dining ang AlexIII. you should follow the dishes of Via Mare and Mesa.

    morcon, estufada and chicken barbeque sounds great. but chicken galantina is too extensive for a dish for one person even if you are going to use a spring chicken. this dish would probably priced around 1.5K. remember, you dishes should serve at least one person.

    recipe__chicken_galantina_1413609219.jpg

    instead of chicken galantina, you could opt for a chicken kiev with stuffing like a galatina


    buzzkill wrote: »
    lumpiang sariwa, lumpiang shanghai. pinaupong manok. lechon belly. sisig. kare akre, caldareta, bulalo. bulalo steak, tokwa't baboy. give it a twist. be conscous of food presentation.

    pinaupong manok is too big for a dish for fine dining.

    agree with the rest especially with the special attention to the presentation.

    this is peasant bulalo:
    0a1b150608680f7f73212e8aec89ec5b.jpg

    this bulalo presentation is fit for fine dining:
    DSC_9091.JPG


    ka_deniz wrote: »
    Go research on classical capampangan, Bulakan, tagalog and Ilonggo fiesta cuisine. Yun kasi ang Traditional na fine dining.

    Also, kung ang market mo Caucasian, kailangan i-explaine nyo ang proper appreciation ng filipino dining experience. Remember, our cuisine doesn't lend well to huite cuisine. Family style parin ang fine dining natin. mas may variety pero intricate ang preparation. Meron parin tayong different courses, pero may choices, sa mesa.

    Meron tayong iba ibang klaseng soups and stews like cocido, tinola, nilaga, bulalo, sinampalukan, sinigang, sapa de flan, Milo, etc, pero how is it served?

    May Enselada tayo atchara at kinilaw as appetizers.

    Kay entre tayo Like what buzzkill said.

    Pero to properly present it and appreciated kailangan maintindihan nila yung evolutionary process para ma appreciate yung dining.experience. Kasi kapag dito natin pinakain yung mga Caucasians, nagugustuhan naman nila. Di ba mas maganda, para sa atin ang paghahain ng isang buong Mormon sa bandehado kaysa sa iserve ng naka individual portions na?

    reminds me of the heneral luna movie. the American cried out loud, "..... what is this. my gad!!! bring me some rations."

    i think he was served a ginatang dalag and rice.



    look for a great chef who could plate fine dining dishes without sacrificing the filipino taste.
  • ka_deniz wrote: »
    Tama! Don't forget sisig.

    sisig plated innovatively.

    like when chef jessie sinsioco and glenda baretto of via mare went to japan for some food festival they served tinola in carved out, green papayas.

    they did it again nung apec.

    we have to give our food a boost in terms of presentation para mas acceptable to non pinoy guest/clients. if i were you, pinoy foh din kunin mo. they can better explain what our food is and how to eat it.
  • meron nang chicken galantina in individual servings. pounded chicken breast stuffed with galantina filling. you can also do it morcon style. multiple chicken breasts stuffed with galantina filling. wrap with clean wrap, chill, cook and slice.
  • Elow po gusto ko po sana magtayo ng siomart food cart pahelp **** guys penge ng recipee *** masarap pero kikita...thank u
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    you might as well follow Cafe Adriatico's offering; mainly spanish-style dishes.

    i'm thinking of an alternative to casual/budget meals. supposing i offer unlimited rice and viand if they buy just one bottle of beer? beer shouldn't cost more than the happy hour rate of 40. i'm thinking a right volume of one dish could do it. how about a gargantuan pot of sinigang na baboy and your not-so-fancy rice variety?
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ako kasi, i dont believe in serving Pinoy food in individual plates. the glory of Pinoy food is in its family style serving.

    Di ba mas glorious ang garantiya kapag buong manok, sliced across, showing the chicken filled and deboned?

    Kaya for me kailangan i-explaine ang Pinoy high cuisine, how it evolved and developed. Ang problema lang, bihira ang nakakaintindi ng History.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ historical pinoy haute cusine ..... tinola?

    just ask Rizal. tumanbling siya nun binigyan niya ng leeg yun paryle. friars are the closest thing we have to monarchy but they are mere peasant in spain. in the philippines they are bigger than the governor general.

    yun chinese fine dining is better .... lauriat style. they follow the 10 dish course which includes the hot tea. the food is brought in platters at one at a time. but,it is the waiters who will put the meals in each individual plates. bawal kumuha ng viand yun diner.
    1. appetizer
    2. hot soup
    3. seafoood
    4. noodles
    5. coldcuts
    6. salad
    7. poultry
    8. meat
    9. pastry/dessert
    10. tea

    pa correct na lang po kung may mali ako sa serving order.




    TS .... stick to casual dining. walang alam ang pinoy sa totoong fine dining. yun example ko ay 6 dish course pa lang. meron 9 and 10 dish course pa. it includes beverages and liquor. malulugi ka lang kasi ma-iinitimidate yun mga pinoy..

    b2147b5b4efc81f9ba76059fad11bce4baaf4877.jpg
    chicken kiev

    [#]nagingModLangYumabangNa[/#] [#]nagfineDiningDaw[/#]
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tama. Alta sociedad followed the French serving order.
  • ♥morcon

    ♥bagesin ng pangasinan

    ♥tinumis ng ilocano (it's dinuguan na baboy in tagalog, pero this one is hindi masabaw)

    ♥kare-kare

    ♥sinigang na baboy (forever love)

    ♥pork/chicken adobo

    ♥kaldereta

    ♥pinakbet

    these are all my faves!
  • nakakagutom dito sa thread na ito lol ! :)
  • tinskie07 wrote: »
    Elow po gusto ko po sana magtayo ng siomart food cart pahelp **** guys penge ng recipee *** masarap pero kikita...thank u

    off topic ka. create your own thread.
  • ka_deniz wrote: »
    Ako kasi, i dont believe in serving Pinoy food in individual plates. the glory of Pinoy food is in its family style serving.

    Di ba mas glorious ang garantiya kapag buong manok, sliced across, showing the chicken filled and deboned?

    Kaya for me kailangan i-explaine ang Pinoy high cuisine, how it evolved and developed. Ang problema lang, bihira ang nakakaintindi ng History.

    yes eh pero paano kung 2 lang kakain and ordering family style is impractical?
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    buzzkill wrote: »
    yes eh pero paano kung 2 lang kakain and ordering family style is impractical?

    Different serving sizes. Morcon and hamonado rolls' sizes can be adjusted. Galantina would be a problem. The Smallest chicken, spring, would still serve at least 4. The smallest party would be for four.

    Not all Pinoy foods need as much people to enjoy. For a party of two pwede cocido, a one pot meal. Or crispy Pata.

    Try kaya i-serve crispy ulo? mag freak-out kaya mga puti kapag i-serve yung buong ulo, nakangiti pa?
  • ka_deniz wrote: »
    Different serving sizes. Morcon and hamonado rolls' sizes can be adjusted. Galantina would be a problem. The Smallest chicken, spring, would still serve at least 4. The smallest party would be for four.

    Not all Pinoy foods need as much people to enjoy. For a party of two pwede cocido, a one pot meal. Or crispy Pata.

    Try kaya i-serve crispy ulo? mag freak-out kaya mga puti kapag i-serve yung buong ulo, nakangiti pa?

    ewan ko sa mga puti. nagfifreak out kapag hinahian ng isa na di filleted. :rotflmao:
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    AFAIK, you can chop crispy pata into bite-sized parts but not crispy ulo. see how thick and hard is that jaw bone and the front of the skull? even Samson couldn't crack the jaw bone of a mule. :D
  • commonercommoner Honorary Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Fine Dining:
    Apu - City of Dreams Manila
    Abe or Fely J's
Sign In or Register to comment.