[MERGED] Midcycle Spotting

doc, on the 18th day to around the 22nd day of my cycle, i noticed a light bleeding. this also happened to me last month around the time of the middle of my cycle. i know it's not my period yet cos it's quite light and i've heard of such a thing as midcycle spotting. Can you tell me what causes this? Is this a sign of ovulation too?

another thing is, this spotting occured early last week and now i noticed im beginning to have the discharge that's also known as the fertile discharge (eggwhite-like). so is it only now that i'm going to ovulate? it's later than usual since it's already the 28th day of my cycle. or is it possible to still have this kind of discharge even if i already ovulated last week?
please enlighten me on this! thanks a lot!!!

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    Abnormal bleeding is usually caused by unopposed production of estrogen without the normal surges of LH and secretion of progesterone. It's not possible to say whether you're having midcycle spotting (which is caused by decreased estrogen), a luteal phase defect, a prolonged luteal phase...the list of abnormal bleeding is a pretty long one. There is a need for some lab workups aside from a gynecologic history and exam before diagnosing what causes your problem. See a gynecologist. Most times, these spottings can be easily treated with hormone intake for a couple of weeks.
  • sakura22sakura22 wandering soul PExer
    I've had my period last Oct 31 and was surprised to see some spotting (not the usual red blood but the brownish colored discharge that usually comes first before the actual menstrual blood) last November 13 till today (3 days na). Very minimal lang naman and not enough to saturate a pantyliner. I'm just curious and a bit alaramed as to what could have caused this? I didn't have any sexual activity since October 28 and my menstrual cycle is usually regular (28-31 days). Hope someone can enlighten me..

And maybe someone could recommend an OB-GYNE in UST, ST.LUKE'S or MANILA DOCTOR'S? Thanks in advance!!
  • cococolacococola t-h-e #1 girl PExer
    Nothing to worry about!

I think that's what Mid-cycle spotting. Usually happens during ovulation. Seems that you have a regular 28 day cycle. Naturally, your ovulation will occur on the 14th day.

Mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. One, it is when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. Or during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes causes the uterus to shed a bit of lining.

They say mid cycle spotting is an excellent sign of fertility :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file