COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Netflix Philippines

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
edited February 20 in International TV
[fbvideo]https://www.facebook.com/NetflixAsia/videos/vb.892716500824351/912365892192745/?type=2&theater[/fbvideo]

It's now available here in the Philippinees
You can sign up and there's free one month trial
https://www.netflix.com/ph/

Basic: P370/month
Standard: P460/month
Premium: 550/month

Comments

• bangiswis24bangiswis24 Member PExer
    bakit madami ang excited sa netflix?? diba parang manonood at magdownload ka lang din naman ng movies/series dito?? pasensya na di kasi ako familiar sa netflix ano pinagkaiba nito kaysa magdownload ng movie or tv series sa torrents or manood sa streaming sites libre pa nga sa ganun diba compared sa netflix may bayad.. hehe
  • DAKINDAKIN IMTV Cockatoo ✭✭✭
    well, LEGAL po siya. Pag may Netflix ka eh di sosyal.
    wow..naka-Netflix ka teh..ikaw na ang rich. :lol:
    parang ganun ba?

kahit dito sa Middle East available na rin.
    Not sure kung ipapalabas din yung mga mahahalay tulad ng Sense8.
    Labag sa relihiyon nila ito.

sa mga naka-Netflix na dyan.
    Unahin nyo na ang MASTER OF NONE.
  • FatFingerzFatFingerz Member PExer
    Para sa iba, chance na to watch these shows and movies legally. May iba rin kasi na kung available lang talaga yung legal eh di na magreresort sa piracy. Yung iba naman is puno na storage capacity ng mga HDs, so iwas download na. Yung iba is pwede ka manuod ng kahit ano anywhere basta mabilis internet speed. Kanya-kanyang reasons.

Trending ngayon [#]NetflixPHShows[/#]. Witty tweets HERE. :rotflmao:
  • wireheadwirehead Member PExer
    FatFingerz wrote: »
    Para sa iba, chance na to watch these shows and movies legally. May iba rin kasi na kung available lang talaga yung legal eh di na magreresort sa piracy. Yung iba naman is puno na storage capacity ng mga HDs, so iwas download na. Yung iba is pwede ka manuod ng kahit ano anywhere basta mabilis internet speed. Kanya-kanyang reasons.

plus you won't have to deal with annoying ads and worry about malware, viruses and other stuff that might come with your free streaming sites and downloads. sure din na ok ang video quality ng papanoorin mo
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    how fast does your net have to be to be able to watch the HD versions?
  • All hype? Is it really worth paying for a Netflix PH subscription?
    Read my Netflix Philippines Review to find out.

splash.jpg?d11e32
    FatFingerz wrote: »

OMG naman .andami kong tawa sa mga tweets nila. :lol:

pero recommended lang itong Netflix sa mga mabibilis ang net yata?
    walang silbi pag slow:lol:
  • j5bataj5bata There's also ONE BENILDE! ✭✭✭
    Saw the prices for their thee packages and all I could say is, it doesn't seem to pricey if it's very budget-friendly.

I could finally watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones and never have to resort to piracy for this.

Dakin, may The Returned US din sila. Nagluluksa pa rin ako sa kanilang muling pagkawala.

----

Too bad for Netflix, looks like some valuable titles that may otherwise be available to the US service have been locally snatched up by iFlix.
    mura nga ang price dyan.
    kahit dito mura lang din.

kaso di ako mahilig sa streaming kasi.
    more on DL and watch later. maganda pa ang quality hindi kailangan ng net.

-buti pa sa France may Season 2 na ang The Returned.
    pero di ko pa kaya tapos ang Season 1 ng US. ha ha
    soon promise.
  • ibirpibirp Member
    Netflix and Chill
    yun lang yun.
  • carlhirocarlhiro Resident Teleporter ✭✭✭
    Already signed up for Netflix.

I think most of the subscribers are looking for quality titles that can be downloaded via torrents anyway, but what I look for in Netflix is its suggestions. And the indie films that do not have a lot of buzz (and probably unavailable for illegal download due to its unpopularity).

For example, I watched yesterday a thriller called Circle. I never even heard of that film before, I only clicked it because Netflix suggested it. It's a good one and I gave it 4/5 stars.

And I do have a short attention span, I download movies that I neglect to watch because the hype in my mind has already passed.

I will be happy to pay for my subscription. It costs just around 2 movie tickets a month. And a little bit of guilt after enjoying a large amount of illegally downloaded entertainment.
  • carlhiro wrote: »
    Already signed up for Netflix.

I think most of the subscribers are looking for quality titles that can be downloaded via torrents anyway, but what I look for in Netflix is its suggestions. And the indie films that do not have a lot of buzz (and probably unavailable for illegal download due to its unpopularity).

For example, I watched yesterday a thriller called Circle. I never even heard of that film before, I only clicked it because Netflix suggested it. It's a good one and I gave it 4/5 stars.

And I do have a short attention span, I download movies that I neglect to watch because the hype in my mind has already passed.

I will be happy to pay for my subscription. It costs just around 2 movie tickets a month. And a little bit of guilt after enjoying a large amount of illegally downloaded entertainment.

True. I subscribed to Netflix because I don't want the guilt of downloading torrents. Also, some of the older seasons of popular TV shows don't have a lot of seeds anymore so mas convenient sana Netflix. Sadly, konti lang old-ish TV shows - I mean not naman mga 80's shows pero yung mga tapos na like Gilmore Girls, Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.

Another problem that I encountered which I elaborated on in my Netflix PH Review was Netflix's quality settings. It constantly changes to match your speed, unlike sa youtube na it will take longer to load if you choose 1080p. Sa Netflix, it will keep on playing pero random quality.

Netflix Philippines detailed review (quality, speed, selection):
    splash.jpg?d11e32
  • FortnightFortnight Ang Totoong Mrs. Blake ✭✭✭✭✭
    I signed up for the free trial yesterday. Okay naman ang streaming kahit 2.5 mbps lang ang connection namin. Pixelated siya for a 2-3 minutes then okay na yung quality. Ang reklamo ko lang ay ang konti pa ng movies. Ang baduy ng horror movie selection! :lol:

Bukod sa mga popular shows nila like OITNB, Sense8, etc., mukhang ang daming binge watch worthy tv series na Netflix originals. Nagulat lang ako na may Richie Rich sitcom na pala silang na-produce :eek::lol:
  • 3bkf1693bkf169 Re-Member PExer
    My main gripe with Netflix is that they don’t have everything, even if you take their DVD-by-mail into account. (But yeah, who the hell does, right?) And then when they do have it on streaming, it may or may not be there a year from now when their license to stream it expires and Netflix is too cheap to renew it/their algorithms tell them not to.
    3bkf169 wrote: »
    My main gripe with Netflix is that they don’t have everything, even if you take their DVD-by-mail into account. (But yeah, who the hell does, right?) And then when they do have it on streaming, it may or may not be there a year from now when their license to stream it expires and Netflix is too cheap to renew it/their algorithms tell them not to.

What kind of "everything" are you looking for exactly?
  • planktontopsplanktontops Traveling the World ✭✭✭
    DAKIN wrote: »
    well, LEGAL po siya. Pag may Netflix ka eh di sosyal.
    wow..naka-Netflix ka teh..ikaw na ang rich. :lol:
    parang ganun ba?

kahit dito sa Middle East available na rin.
    Not sure kung ipapalabas din yung mga mahahalay tulad ng Sense8.
    Labag sa relihiyon nila ito.

sa mga naka-Netflix na dyan.
    Unahin nyo na ang MASTER OF NONE.

I guess yan yung perspective sa Philippines. Lahat trying to be "in." I don't see why everyone's excited eh people's been downloading torrents ever since. NetFlix, Hulu and other streaming services are my main source of entertainment haha. Illegal kasi **** dito natatract ng AT&T.

Anyway, Netflix has a good library of series and movies. However, I read that NetFlixPH is just 3% of the total library in the US.
    I guess yan yung perspective sa Philippines. Lahat trying to be "in." I don't see why everyone's excited eh people's been downloading torrents ever since. NetFlix, Hulu and other streaming services are my main source of entertainment haha. Illegal kasi **** dito natatract ng AT&T.

Anyway, Netflix has a good library of series and movies. However, I read that NetFlixPH is just 3% of the total library in the US.

Even if it's only starting out in the region, Netflix still has an impressive slate of titles that even the US service doesn't have. Personally, I'm looking forward for its originals since that's the service's drawing power for people to wanna sign up.

Even without Netlifx, other streaming sites have already set up shop here, from regional players such as Hooq and iFlix and local ones such as MyPinoyTV and iWanTV. Netflix would not have made itself available here if the demand is not there. Plus, whatever titles Netflix doesn't have locally is more likely available among its competitors.
  • 3bkf1693bkf169 Re-Member PExer
    j5bata wrote: »
    What kind of "everything" are you looking for exactly?

Every title one might run across on the IMDB at three in the morning.
    THE REFLECTING SKIN, for example, or Gregg Araki's NOWHERE.
  • FatFingerzFatFingerz Member PExer
    Nakita kong difference is sa Netflix parang Youtube na nagba-buffer. Sa iflix kasi kahit iwan ko ng ilang minutes na nakapause, walang buffering. Meaning pag mabagal ang speed, lag parin siya. Di ko alam if tama observation ko.

Subscribed ako sa iflix. Naka free trial sa netflix. I just don't know if i'll give up the former in favor of the latter, or keep them both. Astig din kasi exclusives ng iflix.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses ✭✭✭
    Mas maganda pa rin sa mga suking websites kasi free at complete titles

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file