Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Questions and inquiries to avoid in parties or family dinners

Adore_Deli_GinAdore_Deli_Gin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Dahil marami ang dadalo ng party o family dinner this New Year...nabasa ko lang sa Interweb...Here is the original source.

hpm2013_0435.jpg

1. “When are you guys going to have kids?”

[highlight]Kailan kayo magkakaanak?[/highlight]

102509-korinamar.jpg

This seems like a common, fairly innocuous question. Except when the couple you level your query at has been trying to have kids without success. Then your friendly question just becomes another shake of salt on the wound. And there’s no good response for the couple to give in this situation, as they probably don’t want to share details of their fertility problems with you. Or perhaps they haven’t decided if they want kids at all, or one partner does and one doesn’t, in which case you’re inviting further tension into the conversation.

A better question:
None — don’t ask. If they want to tell you about their plan for producing progeny, they will.

2. “Is this your mother/sister/daughter?”

[highlight]Nanay mo siya? Kapatid mo siya? Anak mo siya?[/highlight]

f7853e904.jpg

You may feel like you know the relationship between two people, but you could be wrong. You ask if so-and-so is some guy’s daughter, and he replies, “She’s my girlfriend, actually.” Or you ask a lady if the woman standing next to her is her daughter, and — doh! — it turns out to be her sister.

A better question:
“And who is this lovely lady I have the pleasure of meeting?”

3. “How long have you two been dating?”

[highlight]Gaano na kayo katagal?[/highlight]

2015-12-31_16:20:56_marnella.jpg

This can be a question that automatically comes out of your mouth when a guy friend brings a lady guest to an event, or vice versa with a gal pal. But oops, they’ve never talked about whether they’re officially dating or not. Now they just look at each other, and the floor, awkwardly, and stumble out some vague reply.

A better question: “How did you two meet?” or “How long have you known each other?”

4. “Are you pregnant?”

[highlight]Ilang buwan na yang dinadala mo?[/highlight]

2012-Free-shipping-large-big-size-fat-women-s-Wear-loose-tunic-TOP-black-plus-size.jpg

Finally, the classic don’t–touch-that-with-a-ten-foot-pole question! The potential for awkwardness is sky high when you venture this query. Stay away.

A better question:
There isn’t one. I don’t ask even when their belly could knock a man over at 30 yards. Let them volunteer the info — it’s bound to come up in conversation.

As you can see, the main principle in asking polite small talk questions is to not make the questions leading, nor to assume. Because we all know what happens when we make assumptions.

Anu-ano pang questions o inquiries ang di na dapat tinatanong sa mga parties o family dinners?

Happy New Year Buhay Pinoy PExers, kahit miminsan lang ako mapadako rito!!!

Comments

• ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "Kelan ka mag-aasawa?"

"Bakit wala ka pang girlfriend?"

I remember a tita of mine scolding me in front of the entire family because I didn't bring a girlfriend with me. She actually shouted at me for that. LOL

Happy new year, guys!
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. Kailan ka hahanap ng kapalit sa ex mo? - halos buong angkan

2. Ilang taon na kayong hiwalay at di ka pa nagkaka gf ulit? - mga tito

3. Kailan mo kami bibigyan ng pamasko? - galing sa kapatid sa labas ni erpats
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If anyone asks me those questions

Here are my answers

1=When are you guys going to have kids?”
    Tomorrow im going to look around for babies i can buy

2=“Is this your mother/sister/daughter?”
    Yeah(confused then with your answer and make it short)

3=How long have you two been dating?”
    Long time (again make it short)

4=Are you pregnant?”
    No (again short answer soon enough they will catch on)
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "I like your wife.. is your wife for sale?"
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Some dumb pinoys would dare ask,

Citizen ka and ba or working visa ka pa Lang.

Like why do you even care?:rolleyes:
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Why? What kind of family do you have that those important questions are not supposed to be asked? Siguro kung ilang beses na nalaglagan ng baby yung babae pwedeng off limits ang tanong kung kailan magkaka baby. Pero otherwise, that is an important event for the entire family, bakit bawal itanong? Bakit ka sensitive sa mga questions about relationships? Masama bang malaman ng sarili mong pamilya kung ano ang nangyayari sa buhay mo?
    yes. nils is correct.

political correctness and "social etiquette" is thrown out of the window when you're with family. if you can't tell your nephew that you want to buy her wife, to whom can you?
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Father: Kaya mo bang buhayin ang anak ko?
    Guy: Buhay pa naman po siya. Pero pag namatay, di ko po kaya.

😂😂😂
    papano makakaupo ang 4 na bading sa may bar counter kung iisang stool nalang ang ntirang bakante?

baliktarin ang bar stool!!
  • CelynneCelynne PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Some people don't avoid these questions at all, I suppose some are open and some are more private.
  • oraorajoestaroraorajoestar PEx Rookie ⭐
    "Kelan ka mag aasawa?" the same old line I always hear in family get togethers and friend reunions. My reply has always been "I'm busy making money e". If its really a requirement at my age? Hindi ako basta mambubuntis ng girlfriend (or ka-fling) para lang me maipag yabang sa kanila
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Siguro panget mag open ng issue about politics and religion

Iyong relationship status okay lang siguro basta wag nalamg too blunt.okay lang rumapport but be a little respectful about feelings lalo hindi mo naman alam pinagdaraanan ng tao.
  • oraorajoestaroraorajoestar PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^ But some people just cant help it, they intentionally ask odd questions just to annoy the person. Like when I keep seeing this couple posting every sweet stuffs and activities involving them on FB and instagram thats is annoying then I just learned that they ended their relationship, I saw one of them in the party and I asked them "kababalita ko lang wala na pala kayo ni.....? baket? anong nanyare?" So some people are deliberately tactless.
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^well yeah lalo kung me masamang tinapay ka talaga dun sa taong iyon.for me it's not right parin na mamahiya ka just because you want them annoyed.mas okay pa rin magpakabait dahil hindi mo alam kung kelan naman ikaw ang susunod na mapapahiya. Ang bad mo jan sa kakilala mo ha.

Ont: hindi okay mag assume at magtanong kung jowa ba ang kasama..mas okay say it in another way sino ba iyong kasama mo.

Saka wag ka narin magtanong kung ano inuulam nila kaya antaba taba niya baka naman mamaya me hormonal imbalance lang:glee:
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    issues comparing the previous gf from the new one.
  • burburburbur PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Medyo sinasanay ko na rin yung sarili ko sa nakakangawit na ngiti pag may nagtatanong ng mga ganyan. :glee:
  • LimpBwiZitLimpBwiZit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm tired of answering this question:

Kelan ka pa dumating? (parang lahat na lang yan ang first question. Gusto ko nang magkabit ng karatula sa dibdib ko: ARRIVED 18 DECEMBER 2016, PR XXX 10:30 PM, STAYED TWO NIGHTS IN MANILA BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE PROVINCE, PR XXXX ARRIVED 20 DECEMBER 2016)

Then the follow up questions: Hanggang kelan ka dito? Kamusta naman byahe mo? May jetlag ka pa? Gaano kalamig dun nung umalis ka? etc, etc.

Mema questions naman kasi.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    matindi recently.

"Sinong binoto mo? Hillary or Trump?" :glee:

lumilipad ang mga tinidor at sapatos. :lol:
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    natuli ka na ba? :p
  • art727art727 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Magasawa naguusap sa hapag kainan..kaharap ang mga kapamilya at kapuso..

Misis--"Nardo! totoo ba ang nababalitaan ko na kayo ni kumare ay nagdate at ikaw ang nagbayad sa Hotel?"
    Mister--"Saan mo naman nabalitaan yan kaululang yan?"
    Misis-- "Sabihin mo sa kanya na kapag nagdedeyt kami ni kumpare ako ang nagbabayad!" at hindi ko siya kailanman pinagbayad yang kumpare mo..:rotflmao: