US Immigrant Visa Delivery/Processing Time?

Hi,

Mag-iinterview na kami for immigrant visa soon. From your experience, how long did it take for you to get back your passport after your interview? Super worried lang kasi may travel plans kami, and baka 'di umabot yung pagbalik ng passport :(

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• NicoletransNicoletrans Member PExer
    From what I remember it's around 7 business days from the date of your interview. Congrats on the immigrant Visa approval!
  • huxley88huxley88 Member PExer
    From what I remember it's around 7 business days from the date of your interview. Congrats on the immigrant Visa approval!

Thanks so much! :) What category were you in? We're just derivatives/benificiaries of a parent's residence through employment, and it's kind of hard to find specific info!
  • NicoletransNicoletrans Member PExer
    I was F1 huxley. 16 yr wait for me but i was able to immigrate 2011. Will apply for US citizenship next year. Have a safe trip and which state will you live in?
  • huxley88huxley88 Member PExer
    I was F1 huxley. 16 yr wait for me but i was able to immigrate 2011. Will apply for US citizenship next year. Have a safe trip and which state will you live in?

Thanks Nicoletrans! Likely in CA. :-)
    This thread is getting some views, so I think people also have the same question! Anyway, I had my interview already, and the visa was approved and no additional documents were asked. I asked the last officer we encountered how many days it would take for it to be delivered, and he said they don't usually give estimates because it really depends on the further checks/verification they will do and if any problems/issues come up, but while we were in line, I overheard an officer say something like 7 to 10 business days to one group. Hopefully he was talking about the delivery. Really just wishing for the best now!

If anyone else can give input to this concern, please do :D
  • kumarkumekumarkume Member ✭✭
    hi mahirap ba interview for immigrant visa? may interview kame this July. pinetition kame ng wife ko. thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file