Home PEx Campus University of the Philippines

Philippine Studies sa CAL vs. Philippine Studies sa AC: What's the difference?

Can anybody enlighten me on this? May MA Philippine Studies kasi sa College of Arts and Letters at may MA Philippine Studies rin sa Asian Center. Nakakalito kasi pareho sila ng pangalan! Ano ang difference? Salamat!

Comments

• Can anybody enlighten me on this? May MA Philippine Studies kasi sa College of Arts and Letters at may MA Philippine Studies rin sa CAL. Nakakalito kasi pareho sila ng pangalan! Ano ang difference? O pareho lang ba sila? Salamat!

[C]ollege of [A]rts and [L]etters = CAL.
  • [C]ollege of [A]rts and [L]etters = CAL.

Woops, I meant CAL and AC. Changed it na.
  • silverwhizsilverwhiz 10th PEx Oscar Pool Winner
    Can anybody enlighten me on this? May MA Philippine Studies kasi sa College of Arts and Letters at may MA Philippine Studies rin sa Asian Center. Nakakalito kasi pareho sila ng pangalan! Ano ang difference? Salamat!

It's just the same. Tatlong colleges ang may hawak sa MA PhilStud program: CAL, Asian Center, at CSSP.
  • silverwhiz wrote: »
    It's just the same. Tatlong colleges ang may hawak sa MA PhilStud program: CAL, Asian Center, at CSSP.

Thanks for the info! How "same" are they? Somebody just told me that CAL's is more focused on literature while AC's is more on culture. However, I don't know if their interchangeable or if you can switch from one to the other.
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think depende na yan sa major at field/focus of study/thesis mo.