Home PEx Sports Sports Zone

MLB: Major League Baseball

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
edited June 2018 in Sports Zone
Major League Baseball

consolidated and archived all the previous baseball threads to a mega thread

so congratulations goes to the Houston Astros, 2017 World Series Champions, first title in franchise history

and congratulations to the Chicago Cubs, 2016 World Series Champions, the 108 year drought is over!

congratulations to the Kansas City Royals, 2015 World Series Champions, 2nd title in history, first in 30 years

I was backreading our previous baseball threads and it was active back then and we all went on the disabled list this year lol do you guys think we should just merge to a general baseball thread or keep on doing a yearly one?

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377271
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420980
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479121
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538901
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596396
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660375
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752882

Comments

• dgnr8dgnr8 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    New York Yankees' Hat - $15
    Hot Dogs at Yankee Stadium- $6
    Front Row Seat at Yankee Stadium- $150
    Winning the 27 World Series Ring- $ 423.5 million
    Seeing Red Sox Nation cry for 86 years- Priceless!

:rotflmao:
    With Tex on board we're ready for the 162 game marathon and beyond. Instead of having A-rod ground out into double plays or striking out on a consistant basis, we can now rely on Tex to come through. He made the right choice in coming to New York. He wanted to play on the big stage.

And even though I don't like to talk smack (just kidding) until after the results, I'm pretty excited about the 2009 season. And to all you people who keep on complaining about our "shopping spree" SHUT UP!!!

Sheesh! You guys act like if your teams didn't have the same amount of money as us that you wouldn't do the same thing..then again many teams don't have guts like us to after what they want and make their fans happy.

:D
  • Another all-star line-up for the Yanks. The question is: Will it have the same fate as the other all-star line-up the Yanks had before?
    I called the signing of Tex after they got CC and A.J. by the Yankees because it only made sense. Manny is next. Quote me on that.

The Red Sox didn't really need Tex, and quite honestly, he's a better fit in NY for the Yankees needs.

Now for every hater or detractor in the house, you're the biggest bunch of hypocrites and talking contradictions I've ever seen.

First you can not deny, that whatever team you root for, if they had the money, and some of them do, that you would NOT want them to spend money to get the best free agents available. Every team pays their players to win, so in essence, every team in sports tries to "buy a championship".

Even still, some are quick to point out that despite the payroll, the Yankees haven't won a World Series title in almost a decade, so with that being the case, why complain about how much money their spending if they're losing? I could understand if they were dominating the MLB, but they're not. So what exactly are you complaining about?

Oh, and the farm system and drafting. See, you have to understand the perspective of guys like the Steinbrenners and Jerry Jones. They are winners in business. They took chances, they made moves, and that's why the Cowboys and the Yankees are the two most profitable franchises in ALL of sports. Signing players and making trades is making efforts to uphold a standard that they have had consistently either being a really good, great, or championship team, preferably the latter. drafting and player development is all good, but it requires failure and losing consistently to get prospects that have the potential to good or great players over time.

Can you blame them for not wanting to fall into obscurity while silently rebuilding through the draft or player development? No, you shouldn't, but you would.

If the Yankees didn't do what they did or the Red Sox, you would ask why. You'd say "They/We've got the money, why not pick up so-&-so?"

That's why you hate the Yankees because they'll go further and harder than your team and you expect them to.

When they lose you laugh in jest. When they win you find every excuse you can to hate them. When they improve it scares you because they're consistent, you know at any given year, your team can be hot or fall off the map.

Let it go. It's not their fault. Blame your team and your owner. If you don't have people hating on you for the moves you make, you''re not doing something right.

Put up or Shut up. Go Hard or Go Home. Win at all costs (no cheating, legit costs).

:)
    Another thing..

The Yankees not only have the best team on paper for now but they must have also the best business decision makers as well. Some examples:

- rather than pay MSG, they Yankees went out and created their own network, the result, more revenue!
    - they owned part of the Nets and Devils, the result more revenue and when they sold, guess what more revenue
    - they signed an agreement with Manchaster United. You can now go to England and buy Yankee gear..guess what more money and forget red sox nation, try yankee world
    - they are in the process of doing the same with Barcelona in Spain, guess what more revenue.

The Yankees are in financial shape because they made business dealings that made sense for the business. Perhaps they signed some players that didn't pan out well but in terms of business, they made the right decision.

The new stadium is more proof that they are on top of their game and are only going to make more money!

That is why Henry sent out that email about they have this revenue generator and they have lept forward. In other words, Henry is saying to the city of Boston, we need a new stadium to compete. Just all about the money.
  • buy the championship for the new stadium eh?
  • AquamanAquaman PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    http://people.boston.com/forums/sports/redsox/onthefrontburner/?p=discussiondetails&activityid=8847857918350289732

I thought that was the thread starters original thoughts, plagiarized lang pala. :naughty:
  • yanks plagiarize other teams :naughty:
  • that's why it sounded familiar. i'm a regular lurker at the boston.com website and noticed his post were very familiar. that's why. hmmm..
  • yanks fan = busted :glee:

now he should know how steve bartman feels :lol:
  • blue&green wrote: »
    Another all-star line-up for the Yanks. The question is: Will it have the same fate as the other all-star line-up the Yanks had before?

Ditto..

there's a huge difference when you work/play for money and when you work/play from the heart..

i think yankees organization, especially brian cashman and the steinbrenner clan, don't know the value of hardwork.. what they only know is about giving the best money possible to the best player.. which doesn't work all the time..

also, i think red sox rotation is better than yankees starting rotation.. don't get overwhelmed by the amount of money given to them.

sabathia - beckett -- remember 2007 ALCS..?
    burnett - lester -- no match
    wang - dice k -- could go either way.
    pettite? - schilling? -- not sure if both of them will be coming back this 09 season.

joba chamberlain will return as set up man, that's for sure.
  • Padres.. woohoo.. nevermind.. after 2 more years!!!
  • all-stars and huge payrolls don't guarantee a ring. in 2006, yankees had murderer's row and cano and they didn't hit a lick in the postseason.

they also had modest payrolls during the 90s dynasty.
  • Let's go Yankees!
  • yayay wrote: »
    Let's go the minor leagues Yankees!

corrected :bounce:
    Hmmm..let's see. The Yankees picked up Teixeira, Burnett, and Sabathia..and the red sox gets the old guy from Atlanta, whom by the way just had surgery. G'luck!!!!!!!

:D
  • its all about taking a chance and risk.
    its all about taking a chance and risk.

i'm not sure i "get" this signing. red sox already have a five man rotation and just signed penny for fifth starter. they have a host of young guns ready, what's with signing a 41 year old guy who once again is going to win maybe 50% of his games. i know it's only five million but jeez, i would have gone after a carl pavano or any number of other younger pitchers out there that frankly have a better "upside" potential than smoltzie.

maybe epstein just wanted his autograph?
  • again, its all about taking risks and gambles. plain and simple.
  • Let's go Giants!

Starting Rotation:

1. Tim Lincecum
    2. Randy Johnson
    3. Matt Cain
    4. Barry Zito
    5. Jonathan Sanchez