Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread misinformation.

Leather vs Fabric Seat Covers

ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hello, folks.

I'm thinking of switching to Leather seat covers for my car so I can clean the seats more easily. However I do notice that they absorb a LOT of heat.

Is it worth replacing the fabric seat covers for leather?

thanks!

Comments

• mcsteamy17mcsteamy17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mabaho ang leather seat covers... sa totoo lang :lol:

Dumidikit ang di magandang amoy (lalo na kapag tag-ulan) sa seat cover habang tumatagal... Mas okay pa nga talaga ang fabric seat covers kasi nalalabhan, tanggal ang mabahong amoy at alam mong malinis pati germs kasi tanggal.

...aaahhhh... :dizzy:
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    melon amoy ang leather seats at hindi maganda ang dikit kapag basa.
  • the leather seatcovers that smell are leatherette and not real leather like the ones you find in vehicles. Most of my cars have leather seats on them and none of them emit that stench you guys are mentioning. Advantages of leather(not leatherette) seats over fabric
    1) it doesn't stain
    2) since it doesn't stain, it doesn't absorb fluids
    3) di ka manghihinayang umupo sa leather seats pag pawis ka unlike sa fabric pag upo mo kapit ang amoy ng katawan mo not to mention your sweat will leave sweat marks yung may white outline, that's the salt from your body.
    4) mas mabilis mag disipate ng heat ang leather seats kaysa fabric kasi the only thing that's hot is the leather and not the cushion inside. Sa fabric ipon ang init hanggang sa cushion.
    5) cleaning leather is a breeze. Accidentally splash soda on the leather seats simply wipe it off but splash it on fabric and you'll have to wipe, soap and steam dry it kundi di mawawala ang amoy ng natapon mo. Have you tried cleaning vomit?
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Rygil wrote: »
    the leather seatcovers that smell are leatherette and not real leather like the ones you find in vehicles. Most of my cars have leather seats on them and none of them emit that stench you guys are mentioning. Advantages of leather(not leatherette) seats over fabric
    1) it doesn't stain
    3) di ka manghihinayang umupo sa leather seats pag pawis ka unlike sa fabric pag upo mo kapit ang amoy ng katawan mo not to mention your sweat will leave sweat marks yung may white outline, that's the salt from your body.
    4) mas mabilis mag disipate ng heat ang leather seats kaysa fabric kasi the only thing that's hot is the leather and not the cushion inside. Sa fabric ipon ang init hanggang sa cushion.
    5) cleaning leather is a breeze. Accidentally splash soda on the leather seats simply wipe it off but splash it on fabric and you'll have to wipe, soap and steam dry it kundi di mawawala ang amoy ng natapon mo. Have you tried cleaning vomit?

Amen finally someone with a real leather :D
    The only thing i dont like about the leather is hot as hell under the sun

Fabric dust gets in between will stick to fabric like a gum :D
  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Real leather can also get stained. It just depends on the colour you get. They do not smell but like fabric, they require regular maintenance with leather cleaners and conditioners. There are a lot of different types of leather used for car interiors such as the super soft Italian leathers or the tougher ones like Alcantara leather. I do not advise covers. It is better that you have an installer do your interior properly.

For me the only advantage fabric has is that it does not heat up as much as leather but this isn't really a big issue if your car has good tint and air conditioning.
  • Basura ang SEAT COVER. Kung may budget ka ipa-re-upholster mo ang iyong mga upuan ng genuine leather. Tapos bago mo gamitin lagyan mo ng stain protector tulad ng Scotch Gard.
  • Mrs.RizzMrs.Rizz PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    leather ang maganda, lalo na if you have kids, at least magkalat man sila eh wipe ka lang.
  • Nothing beats genuine leather. Fabric seats are comfortable but are difficult to clean. Ground in dirt is impossible to remove by a vacuum cleaners. Not unless you have an upholstery cleaning machine.
  • Rygil wrote: »
    the leather seatcovers that smell are leatherette and not real leather like the ones you find in vehicles. Most of my cars have leather seats on them and none of them emit that stench you guys are mentioning. Advantages of leather(not leatherette) seats over fabric
    1) it doesn't stain

I have not tried to clean a vomit though. Thanks, for the insight. I will choose a leather with a comfy foam in it.
  • hardrive wrote: »
    Amen finally someone with a real leather :D
    The only thing i dont like about the leather is hot as hell under the sun

Fabric dust gets in between will stick to fabric like a gum :D

Depende sa leather, sa bahay naman namin, hindi mainit yung leather. Masarap nga yung feeling pag malamig. Madulas sa skin. Lalo pag sobrang comfortable nung upuan.
    :)
  • ok lang ba kung mumurahin yung foam tapos sa leather na lang babawi?
  • ok lang ba kung mumurahin yung foam tapos sa leather na lang babawi?

Naku. Pag mura yung foam, madaling lumondoy. *** din mahihirapan no. Dapat dun kasa matibay.
  • chatty_friaschatty_frias PEx Rookie ⭐
    Naku. Pag mura yung foam, madaling lumondoy. *** din mahihirapan no. Dapat dun kasa matibay.

True! Tinignan ko yung website na to, may mga car seat na pala yung uratex: http://www.uratex.com.ph/industrial-institutional/industrial/automotives/
  • EthanBawasantaEthanBawasanta PEx Rookie ⭐

Ano ba mas matibay na comportable? Spring or Foam fro matress?
  • crazpcrazp _DaNcE_AdDiCt_ PEx Expert 🎖️
    walang amoy yung leather seats ng kotse ko...I like it kasi may heater which is good sa winter season. Sa mga new cars, meron na rin cooler for summer season.
  • True! Tinignan ko yung website na to, may mga car seat na pala yung uratex: http://www.uratex.com.ph/industrial-institutional/industrial/automotives/

I just wanna share also na sila ang supplier for some carseats ng Honda and Mitsubishi.
  • EthanBawasantaEthanBawasanta PEx Rookie ⭐
    I just wanna share also na sila ang supplier for some carseats ng Honda and Mitsubishi.

Hindi din ako sure pero nakalagay na parang nabgyan lang sila ng award ng Honda and Mitsubishi.
  • ReddingtonReddington PEx Rookie ⭐
    Rygil wrote: »
    1) it doesn't stain

How can you distinguish a leather from leatherette?
  • ReddingtonReddington PEx Rookie ⭐
    True! Tinignan ko yung website na to, may mga car seat na pala yung uratex: http://www.uratex.com.ph/industrial-institutional/industrial/automotives/

Nagooffer din pala sila ng ganito.
  • Vote for a leather seat!