Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

Engagement..

Hi,

My boyfriend an I are two years together and everything was (i thought) okay. We didn't have big fights and I am the first girl he introduced to his family. I am 3 years older than him and I was really happy with our relationship.

Recently, I tried checking his email which wasn't a big thing with us before..

My heart shattered when I saw an exchange of email with this girl (Flight Attendant), his former school mate.

It was going on for half a year but every after a month or two.

I read it all and the email started with... "Hi Love,..."

I froze and I didn't know what to do but I just started crying and asked him what was that while showing his phone and the messages. I broke down. I panicked.

I didn't know what to feel and how to think all I knew was I was cheated on and I was really hurt.

He tried stopping me from crying and talked one on one. I really didn't know what I was saying all I knew was I was really hurt. I trusted him so much. :(

He said he "I'm sorry..." "wala lang yun".. I was crying so hard and he was also crying.. In the middle of our conversation.. He opened his cabinet and pulled out a box.

"I was planning to give this to you on Kuya's Wedding.. (which is February 2016).. I am choosing you. Andito ako di ba? Ikaw pinipili ko..

He gave me a ring.. It's an engagement ring..

I cried. I didn't want to accept it at first but I became happy at that moment. I didn't see that coming that he was going to propose to me any time soon.

After that, I calmed down and tried to be okay.. But up until this day, I still cry and think of it if I should even marry him or what if he'll do that again.

Recently, we had a fight again and I broke down and I was already screaming and crying. We were in the car..

I was trying to return the ring and he didn't want me to return it. I tried and tried. I wanted to move on from that horrifying feeling of being disrespected and cheated on.

He told me everything that happened, he met with this girl during his birthday this year. According to him, matagal na daw siyang kinukulit nun. I cannot understand it. Why did he entertain her? And he calls her, "LOVE".

Up to this day, I am confused, but trying not to think of what happened with us. Were trying to patch everything again.. But I am writing this post because I want to know if my decision is right because I am having a hard time that their communication could still go on despite us being engaged..

:(

Sorry for the long post. :/

Comments

• inviinvi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's not so much the right decision, but what your heart tells you to do.

Trust is a big thing to give, but also remember that it is a blind leap of faith. Things might or might not go the way you want them to go, it is ultimately out of your control, but more importantly I think what you should think about is how to handle yourself even if he still betrays your trust in the end.

If you say you have forgiven him, and that you trust him, then act accordingly; because if you act otherwise then just call off the engagement because it won't work with you constantly being paranoid that he is hiding something/someone from you. Can you imagine being paranoid for the rest of your life with him? What a life. Aside from the cheating, your paranoia will make both of you miserable together.

Good luck! :)
  • Hi Invi,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your advices. :)

For the past couple of weeks, I've tried to stay strong but like what you mentioned, paranoia just hits. I think I haven't 100% forgiven him and I should if I really am forgiving him.

The things you've said really enlightened me.

Thank you so much! God Bless you :)
  • arowenarowen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS move on. He don't deserve you.

Period.

TS smile though your heart is aching. :glee:
    Alam mo yung feeling na dumating ang araw na wala ng atrasan at may regrets?

EMO na yan. :glee:
    TS baka sinabi din ni BF mo yang linya sa box sa flight attendant. :glee:

Sorry, mapaglarong isipan lamang. Basta be wise
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Chesca_ wrote: »
    Recently, I tried checking his email which wasn't a big thing with us before..

----

It was going on for half a year but every after a month or two.

You looked for trouble and you found it. Anong problema ngayon?
  • bluepimpbluepimp PEx Rookie ⭐
    A cheater will always be a cheater... :mecry:
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    55% of men and 45% of women who have been in relationships have cheated on at least 1 of their partners. dun sa mga umaasa na yung relationship nila ay andun sa parehong non-cheaters yung magpartners, good luck na lang sa inyo... lol!
  • amicivanceamicivance PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    "Wala lang iyon" - palusot ng mga lalaki.

Kinukulit siya, bakit naman nya inentertain at tinatawag pa na 'love'.

Huling baraha nya ang proposal para d ka magduda pero sa huli, in-denial pa rin siya.

Sana humingi na siya ng tawad at tapusin ang namamagitan sa kanila ng girl na iyon.

Kung walang malinaw na ending in between sa kanila... malabo yan. :)

Mahirap pumasok sa marriage life ng may pagdududa... Ayaw niya isauli *** ring? Eh di tapon mo :lol: at tapusin nyo na ang namamagitan sa inyo...

If he wants to win you back, he will court you....
  • balbolskibalbolski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    laftrip napa propose ng di oras yun lalake :lol: :glee:
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Cheaters always get away because there always a dumb b!tch willing to believe.

:blowsmoke:

[#]ButiNalangPauto[/#]
  • May kasabihan:
    Lokohin mo ako sa una, ikaw [email protected]
    Lokohin mo ako sa ikalawa, [email protected] ako.

Mabuti at nabisto mo agad na taksil siya. Mantakin mo kung nabisto mo pagkatapos na kasal na kayo. Mapalad ka pa rin....
  • balbolskibalbolski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ lokohin mo sa pangatlo masasanay na yan at ok na... :glee:
  • true_orangetrue_orange PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Diamond ba naman yun ring? Tunay ba? Tsaka maganda ba quality? Huwag mo na isoli. Sayang. Souvenir na niya sayo yun.

Kahit naman engaged na kayo, hangga't hindi kasal, puwede ka pa umatras, tsaka kailan daw ang wedding date? Sa 2020?
  • Jackie_Jackie_ PEx Rookie ⭐
    oo nga, dapat pag engaged, in less than 2 years, within two years na yun meron ka na na nakaset na date.