Home PEx Sports The NCAA Tourney

Info about the 1999 ncaa jrs champs

Info abt the other players of san beda besides lon and membrere.

Comments

• I think, Phillip Cagalingan of the Red Cubs, has been recruited by the U.E. Warriors.....
  • hoy paano naman si arjun cordero, ROOKIE MVP ng NCAA jrs????
    ******* webber *******
  • a message from mark bernardo:
    gago kayong lahat
  • Markus and Marky Cagalingan? It's a 2-in-1 package. Swerte ng U.E. if ever they will get them! Peace!!!
  • Hey, hey, hey...dont we forget, the great Andrew Ladores.... i guess, he's a rising superstar equiped with intelligence and finesse in basketball.
  • Jod Penson is the bomb!!!
  • HOY PAANO NAMAN AKO?!?!
    ---C. Weber---
  • one thing about this team is that they have it all. they may lack the size, but they have the shooting, speed, hustle, and a very big heart. one very significant player, aside from the big names like membrere, lon, almeda, and cordero, is marky cagalingan. he's the team's heart and soul!!!!!
  • Although I study at that public school down on Katipunan Ave. ( U.P. ), I am an avid observer of the junior teams. For me, San Beda is the best high school team in Metro Manila, bar none. Ateneo is the most overrated. Maswerte lang sila dahil napakahina ng mga kalaban sa UAAP. Pati yung Southeast Asian championships, eh talagang walang kwenta yung mga kalaban. Si Fonacier is probably the most overrated high school senior. He hasn't really come across stiff opposition. Elmido can't even compare to the likes of Bustamante, Vainio, Cordero or Lon. I consider Mapua the second best junior team. I hope some of the San Beda players come to U.P. We were disappointed when Membrere chose Ateneo.
  • yeah, marky cagalingan had become the heart and soul of the red cubs....but dont we never forget the hustle plays of the second five of coach ato. mendiola and cruz, has time and again proved to us that they can really play. cruz is a pure dead shooter, if only he was given more minutes during the ncaa games, which was done to him during the finals...he really can give some quality minutes and give the team a firepower down the stretch. and he can also help the load of membrere as the small forward. as for mendiola, this guy is also a well-calibrated player with shooting as his tough spot. he too can give coach ato quality minutes especially in defense purposes.
  • The UAAP is basketball's glamour league, but in the juniors division aaminin ko na talagang magaling ang NCAA. The problem, though, is that UAAP players get more publicity and media attention. Yung mga Dhandrake Bustamante, Paolo Hubalde at Malgapo ng Mapua or sina Cruz, Almeda, Penson at Cagalingan ng San Beda ay hindi kilala ng publiko. They are better than most players in the UAAP, pero they are unknowns outside their schools. Katulad ni Enrile ng Letran, sobrang galing ng batang 'yan, pero nobody knows him. Kung nasa UAAP s'ya, siguradong sikat na sikat s'ya. Mahina ang NCAA sa publicity, hindi katulad ng UAAP. Kaya kung gusto n'yong sumikat, kailangang lumipat na kayo sa UAAP. May Silverstar Sports dito, may Kaboom pa!
  • I HEARD PENSON IS STILL UNDECIDED IF HE WILL GO WITH LON N MEMBRERE TO ATENEO, BUT HE IS STILL BEING SWARMED BY OFFERS FROM UP AN DLSU. HE IS REALLY THE KEVIN GARNETT OF THE RED CUBS.......
  • di ba si penson used to study in the ateneo? I think he played pa nga with sina bj and enrico nung high school :)
  • ANDREW LADORES -N- PHILLIP CAGALINGAN next NCAA Red Cubs starters?
    VOTE NOW WHO WILL BE THE MVP::::

ANDREW LADORES FEELING CooL!!!!!
  • the red cubs have really hot players! not only do they have the skills but the looks as well! isn't lon the guy in the milo commercial along with syquia from lsgh? another gwapo player is mendiola. i heard he's a model too. does he have a girlfriend?=) anyone have info on him?
  • Tinambakan ng San Beda ang St. Francis! To think, itong St. Francis ang nanalo sa NCRAA juniors championship. Tinalo yung Brent, na may 6'8" player, si Saunders, na ina-agawan ng Ateneo at La Salle, ngunit kinuha raw ng NCAA division I team sa U.S.A. Si Magnum Membrere ang malaking bagay sa pagpanalo ng Red Cubs! Magnum--you're gonna be a big star! Sana lumipat ka na lang sa U.P. Overrated naman yung Ateneo!
  • If I'm not mistaken, there are 4 players from DLSU now that graduated from San Beda. Sina Renren Ritualo (does this guy even need an introduction?! :)), Dino Sanchez (The cute benchwarmer), Bunyi, & Topacio (dunno the 1st names of these 2, basta alam ko froshies sila). Kay renren siguro di ko na kailangan mag-tanong, pero sina sanchez, bunyi and topacio ba magaling nung asa san beda pa sila?
    Sana you guys can help me out...gusto ko kasi i-analyze yung chances ng aking beloved school sa next uaap season with the help of these freshmen, eh.
    Magaling ba talaga tong mga to?
    peace :)
  • Some of these San Beda HS players may be playing out of their natural position in college. What is the height of those players? What makes you think they can play at the next level ? Someone please post their heights.

Mas marami pang galing San Beda sa DLSU team kesa sa La Salle Greenhills or DLS-Zobel combined. Why?

By the way, notice that the Ateneo and San Beda teams have good relations both in HS and college. I understand why. Both take pride in their homegrown talents. These two schools have the best grassroots basketball program. Bata pa lang sila magkalaban na sila sa court. They learn to respect each other.

San Beda would have had a better basketball team had their star players not been "actively" recruited. Sayang si Ritualo, Bravo, Jomalesa, and the two years which Mesina lost. Ateneo also lost one crucial player due to "active" recruitment.
  • I heard Joe Lipa wants San Beda's point guard. I also heard may former Atenean sa San Beda who are they?

Bakit maraming San Beda ang nag-UP? Walang Bedistang nagpupunta sa Ateneo? Baka ngayong si J. Lipa ang coach, who used to coach UP, meron nang Bedistang pupunta sa Ateneo.

• Yung ex-Atenista sa Cubs si Penson. Si Jomalesa, lumipat sa UP siguro dahil andon si Jenkins Mesina then. Sayang. Anyway, Bedans started moving to Diliman during the time of the Mendozas, Altamiranos and Magsanocs who were crucial to recruiting the likes of Paras, the younger Mendozas (Jig) and Victorias (Bing). Parang tradisyon na nga no?

BTW, hindi taga-Brent si Saunders, taga-Faith siya. Siguro na-confuse lang si Dreamboat dahil marami ring Kano roon, like Brent. Iisa lang ang player na taga-Brent na medyo sumikat, si Dudut. Palagay ko, alam na natin kung bakit.