Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Concentrating on Eating Will Intensify the Emptiness of the Heart

It's no wonder that people eat and drink to enjoy good but also feel emptiness. Originally, it is because we don’t feel the existence of creator with our heart. This is what one really needs. When people get in touch with the Creator with ture heart, man's heart will get the real satisfication.
Almighty God said, “When you are hungry, you need to take some food. The food can either be good or bad; as long as you fill yourself up, the unpleasant feeling of hunger in your stomach is gone and disappears, and you can quiet down while sitting there and your body can be in rest. You can solve the hunger in your stomach with food. However, when you, in following God, feel that your knowledge of God is nil, how can you solve the feeling of emptiness in your heart? Can you solve it with food? Or when you follow God but do not understand God’s will, what can you take to fill this hunger in your heart? In the course of your experiencing God’s salvation and when you pursue the transformation of your disposition, if you do not understand God’s will, do not understand what the truth is, and do not know about God’s disposition, you feel very worried, don’t you? You feel very thirsty in your heart, don’t you? These feelings of yours cause you to have no rest in your heart, right? What can you take to fill this hunger in your heart? Do you have any way to solve it? Some go shopping, some go to several good friends to have a chat, some go to have a good sleep, and some spend more time reading God’s word or exert more effort and strength in performing duty. Can these solve your practical difficulties? You all have much experience of these practices. When you feel you cannot make it as you wish and when you feel very thirsty for God’s inspiration so that you can understand the reality of the truth and understand God’s will, what do you need the most? What you need is not a good meal or some considerate words, much less that your flesh receives temporary ease and satisfaction, but that God can directly and clearly tell you what to do and how to do it and let you understand clearly what the truth is. When you understand these, even bits of them, doesn’t your heart feel more satisfied than after having a good meal? When your heart is satisfied, doesn’t your heart or your whole being have a true rest?”(from A Continuation of the Word Appears in the Flesh)
From Almighty God’s word, we can see that food can solve the hunger of body, but by no means the hunger of spirit. Jesus has said, “But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;” (AKJV-John 4:14) “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst.”(AKJV-John 6:35) From these words, I see that only Christ is the truth, the way and the life. Only if we “have” the bread and water bestowed by Christ can we keep pace with the footsteps of Christ and have a true rest.

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hmmmm ...... why not dine solo in a stripper club or ktv lounge and fill your appetite?
  • karney-lu wrote: »
    It's no wonder that people eat and drink to enjoy good but also feel emptiness. Originally, it is because we don’t feel the existence of creator with our heart. This is what one really needs. When people get in touch with the Creator with ture heart, man's heart will get the real satisfication.
    Almighty God said, “When you are hungry, you need to take some food. The food can either be good or bad; as long as you fill yourself up, the unpleasant feeling of hunger in your stomach is gone and disappears, and you can quiet down while sitting there and your body can be in rest. You can solve the hunger in your stomach with food. However, when you, in following God, feel that your knowledge of God is nil, how can you solve the feeling of emptiness in your heart? Can you solve it with food? Or when you follow God but do not understand God’s will, what can you take to fill this hunger in your heart? In the course of your experiencing God’s salvation and when you pursue the transformation of your disposition, if you do not understand God’s will, do not understand what the truth is, and do not know about God’s disposition, you feel very worried, don’t you? You feel very thirsty in your heart, don’t you? These feelings of yours cause you to have no rest in your heart, right? What can you take to fill this hunger in your heart? Do you have any way to solve it? Some go shopping, some go to several good friends to have a chat, some go to have a good sleep, and some spend more time reading God’s word or exert more effort and strength in performing duty. Can these solve your practical difficulties? You all have much experience of these practices. When you feel you cannot make it as you wish and when you feel very thirsty for God’s inspiration so that you can understand the reality of the truth and understand God’s will, what do you need the most? What you need is not a good meal or some considerate words, much less that your flesh receives temporary ease and satisfaction, but that God can directly and clearly tell you what to do and how to do it and let you understand clearly what the truth is. When you understand these, even bits of them, doesn’t your heart feel more satisfied than after having a good meal? When your heart is satisfied, doesn’t your heart or your whole being have a true rest?”(from A Continuation of the Word Appears in the Flesh)
    From Almighty God’s word, we can see that food can solve the hunger of body, but by no means the hunger of spirit. Jesus has said, “But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;” (AKJV-John 4:14) “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst.”(AKJV-John 6:35) From these words, I see that only Christ is the truth, the way and the life. Only if we “have” the bread and water bestowed by Christ can we keep pace with the footsteps of Christ and have a true rest.

As the bible said: That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.(Luke 4:4)