Ateneo Volleyball Teams: The Heart of a Champion is Blue! One Big Fight! (Thread XII)

Comments

• Classy4evrClassy4evr True and Blue PExer
    i'm also somewhat expecting that we will be able to see some new faces with this tournament. I agree with you that if the team's goal at first is to develop new players for s78, then it got lost along the way during the conference. siguro dahil maganda ang performance as a team during elimination round with Ella as the main libero or it has something to do with Coach Tai's method of coaching and decision?

anyways, Congrats sa NU! I'm particularly happy for Myla for bagging the FMVP. Good job! *okay*

For our girls, i'm sure they will bounce back! Who knows after Thailand training, they will all have libero-FD skills! :) Or only Coach Tai knows? :D

Eto daw and ALE lineup for the upcoming SVL Reinforced Conference: Jamie, Alyssa, Ponggay, Mae, Giz, Bea Tan, Kat, Therese, Jia, Pam, Bea, Jho, Amy, Maddie, Kim. Parang eto na yata nag S78 lineup. I am glad to see Bea Tan included, probably as Libero, and also Jia and Kat. [#]OBF[/#]
  • PinkPrintPinkPrint Member ✭✭✭
    Classy4evr wrote: »
    Eto daw and ALE lineup for the upcoming SVL Reinforced Conference: Jamie, Alyssa, Ponggay, Mae, Giz, Bea Tan, Kat, Therese, Jia, Pam, Bea, Jho, Amy, Maddie, Kim. Parang eto na yata nag S78 lineup. I am glad to see Bea Tan included, probably as Libero, and also Jia and Kat. [#]OBF[/#]

Yayyy Bea Tan! mukhang sya nga ang libero ng team for s78.

and wow Kat! so she's fit to play na? parang ang aga pa kung ACL man yon. feel ko talaga sprained lang yon, wala na kasing confirmation after the incident.
  • chums01 wrote: »
    really? may rumor about fel na nag quit siya? bakit naman kaya?

nakita ko yan sa twitter. may nag.tanong kay Deanna Wong sa ask.fm (idk if it's her legit account) about kay fel and she said na "she quit".
  • Dr_KomurinDr_Komurin Member ✭✭✭

D'ba max of 14 players lang per team, I counted and there are 15 players in the list.

I was hoping mapasama si Felicia as I feel a hidden potential in her to be super libero, para naman may substitute si Jamie in the regular season, may one excess player pa pala, so no chance for her to be in plus one player out.
    Who will be trimmed? :hmm:

Edit: Kagulat naman. Biglang may post sa itaas that Felicia quit. It's saddening if it's indeed true.
  • PinkPrintPinkPrint Member ✭✭✭
    seryoso?

parang kailan lang, she was cheering for the team in sja. naging face of the game pa nga. sayang naman.
  • kakashi_jetkakashi_jet 1000 years of pain PExer
    the only time i will believe that news is if it comes from TBL, Mr Lim or Fel herself. :) so im still hoping that Fel will be part of the S79 lineup.

i guess pang #15 si Kat due to her injury? or ni-line up lang so she can play during the 2nd round? parang reserve ganon? :hmm:
  • Adore_Deli_GinAdore_Deli_Gin twitter.com/Adore_PEx ✭✭✭
    PinkPrint wrote: »
    bakit? ano bang rason kung bakit napasama sa line-up si Ella? akala ko talaga Jamie or Dungo will shine in this confe, kaso si Madam Ella pala ang main libero.
    I myself do not fully understand the rationale why Ella stayed as the main libero. I thought that Ella would be there at the start then gradually Jamie or Pam would have more playing time. Is it because the coaches and management feel that winning the conference would set the bar higher and provide additional motivation for the players? The only logical reason why Ella was the sole libero for most of the conference is because the team really wanted to win the championship. But right now, I do not have a clear indication as to who will be the libero come S78. :confused:

I think Ella was included to train her as a potential libero for Foton. Likewise, Williams was in the line-up not to play but to be trained by Coach Tai before she plays for Foton.
    On Fel Cui quitting . . . baka di siya naka-cope with intensive ALE training + academic workload. Probably her recent midterm exams made her realize that it's very difficult to balance the two.
  • zugunruhezugunruhe Member PExer
    PinkPrint wrote: »
    bakit? ano bang rason kung bakit napasama sa line-up si Ella? akala ko talaga Jamie or Dungo will shine in this confe, kaso si Madam Ella pala ang main libero.

Ummmm well this is just me theorizing haha. Wala namang official statement but imo:
    1) I think Ella was presented the opportunity and she wanted to have her last chance to play for ALE. Mahirap din naman kasi pakawalan but
    2) Politicized kasi talaga position ng ALE sa Vleague, which is evidenced in the presence of either the entire team or Alyssa in ALL of the conferences. Sa ALE kasi dumudumog yung mga fans and given the connections of ALE through Palou and TBL, feeling ko narerequire sila sumali. I'm not 100% against it pero minsan kasi parang nakakaawa na, because yung SVL for some reason laging may tourney, which (imo) is stupid lol. You need to build hype by having breaks, it's why UAAP is so successful - there are opportunities for players to grow in between and cause changes for their teams and makes the competition mysterious and exciting
    3) There was a post in the last thread about Vleague X PSL (Foton) X Ateneo. Someone already posted above that it could very well have been a training ground for Ella and Williams (which I'm not surprised about, I already talked about this re: Williams x Coach Tai with alea before) because it's Vleague's compromise with PSL.
    Again, on Fel Cui quitting (if true). . . It's still possible for her to rejoin ALE after 6 months, when she has fully coped with her Ateneo workload. Mahirap ang freshman year sa Ateneo, nakakapanibago.
    Dr_Komurin wrote: »
    D'ba max of 14 players lang per team, I counted and there are 15 players in the list.

I was hoping mapasama si Felicia as I feel a hidden potential in her to be super libero, para naman may substitute si Jamie in the regular season, may one excess player pa pala, so no chance for her to be in plus one player out.
    Who will be trimmed? :hmm:

Edit: Kagulat naman. Biglang may post sa itaas that Felicia quit. It's saddening if it's indeed true.

I alsbo counted the same, 15 players. I think it is kind of a backup in case one or more players like Kat has not yet recovered at the start of the conference.

I did not see any tweets about Fel Cui's quitting. I hope it is just an unfounded rumor, although I have not seen her lately in any of the team's pictures. :(
  • jab1026jab1026 Member ✭✭✭
    Normal lang na matalo. Hindi lahat ng laro mananalo. Pero nakakapagtaka na natalo sila in 3 sets sa game 2 and 3.

Sana masanay sila na wala si coach tai kasi hindi forever si coach tai...
    jab1026 wrote: »
    Normal lang na matalo. Hindi lahat ng laro mananalo. Pero nakakapagtaka na natalo sila in 3 sets sa game 2 and 3.

Sana masanay sila na wala si coach tai kasi hindi forever si coach tai...

Ibig sabihin hindi pa instilled ang Coach Tai system sa ALE...lalo na kay Coach Parley.
    I think Ella was included to train her as a potential libero for Foton. Likewise, Williams was in the line-up not to play but to be trained by Coach Tai before she plays for Foton.

The training of two players for an outside club, though allegedly with very close ties to ADMU, was a higher priority for ALE team management than giving the newer players crucial game time experience? ALE played 15 games during this just concluded SVL conference and that takes a lot of effort on the part of each ALE player (training, presence during games, etc.), but not even given a chance for some playing time because the priority is to train two club players? I find it difficult to accept that. :confused:
    On Fel Cui quitting . . . baka di siya naka-cope with intensive ALE training + academic workload. Probably her recent midterm exams made her realize that it's very difficult to balance the two.

This could possibly be, knowing how difficult it is to be an Ateneo student-athlete. If so, kudos to Fel for knowing where her priority should be. Besides, if she does not satisfy Ateneo's academic standards for student-athlete, she would risk being suspended or even kicked out of the team. *okay*
  • Cien_FleurCien_Fleur Member ✭✭✭✭
    di ba 5th year na ni Ahomiro sa 78? pero parang ang tagal na niya nasa lineup. nag-skip ba siya ng season?
    This could possibly be, knowing how difficult it is to be an Ateneo student-athlete. If so, kudos to Fel for knowing where her priority should be. Besides, if she does not satisfy Ateneo's academic standards for student-athlete, she would risk being suspended or even kicked out of the team. *okay*

Off-topic:

Hindi natatapos ang Karenovela. :lol:

In the case of Karen Derder, I don't think it was academics, it was more like she wasn't able to cope with the Ateneo culture, kaya na-homesick. Sayang ang talent ni KD, kung pinagbigyan niya lang ng one more year ang Ateneo as a student, at hindi student-athlete, malamang mag-eenjoy siya. At pwede siyang bumalik sa ALE pag okay na lahat. But I don't think this was possible then, most likely Karen had a scholarship tied to her being a student-athlete. I think Fel's parents pay for her tuition, so it's okay for her to leave ALE momentarily without any issues.
    The training of two players for an outside club, though allegedly with very close ties to ADMU, was a higher priority for ALE team management than giving the newer players crucial game time experience? ALE played 15 games during this just concluded SVL conference and that takes a lot of effort on the part of each ALE player (training, presence during games, etc.), but not even given a chance for some playing time because the priority is to train two club players? I find it difficult to accept that. :confused:

ALE has to build strong connections with club teams, lalo na sa Foton. Ang mga club teams, most especially Foton na close sa ALE management, ang tatanggap at mag-aalaga sa graduating ALE players, e.g., Bea Tan, Ella. I believe iniisip pa rin ng ALE management ang career ng mga graduating ALE players kahit may new crop of ALEs silang tinatanggap yearly sa Ateneo.
    Cien_Fleur wrote: »
    di ba 5th year na ni Ahomiro sa 78? pero parang ang tagal na niya nasa lineup. nag-skip ba siya ng season?

Nung nagka ACL yata.
    I just read this tweet. If true, I am glad so ALE can get some rest and focus instead on their internal and foreign training plans.

Joey Villar ‏@JoeySVillar · 2h2 hours ago  National Capital Region, Republic of the Philippines
    It's official. I was just told now, Ateneo will
    no longer join the [#]ShakeysVLeague[/#] 3rd Conference. @PhilippineStar
This discussion has been closed.