What do you think? :smokin:

I wanna know how you guys think.

Your thoughts.

#quantumphysics

game.set.match

:smokin:

Comments

• awtsupaytsuawtsupaytsu PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    pag may bumanat ng na touch ako sa aldub ayawan na talaga sa buhay pinoy forums
  • QubethaQubetha PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hmmm...what do you mean?
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Technically no. :glee:

This is physics 101.

But then again you ask the question...are electrons part of you? And if you don't really "touch" that also applies with the individual atoms in your body...but we don't say 'we're just floating bags of tiny particles'. :glee:

So technically you can tell your gf "hon, let me put it in technically you can't get pregnant" or a gay guy convincing another guy "...it's okay technically it's not gay if we're not touching" :glee:

It's like one of those paradoxical things in science, ie the stars you're seeing are long gone, what you're seeing is a picture from billions of years ago. :glee:

[#]Electrons[/#] [#]AzztroPhysical[/#] [#]MrsThompsonsClass[/#]

PS Speaking of paradox, as much as you "don't" really touch, each all matter attract each other. #GConstant #HiggsBoson
  • etnabAxeRTetnabAxeRT PEx Rookie ⭐
    Technically no. :glee:

This is physics 101.

But then again you ask the question...are electrons part of you? And if you don't really "touch" that also applies with the individual atoms in your body...but we don't say 'we're just floating bags of tiny particles'. :glee:

So technically you can tell your gf "hon, let me put it in technically you can't get pregnant" or a gay guy convincing another guy "...it's okay technically it's not gay if we're not touching" :glee:

It's like one of those paradoxical things in science, ie the stars you're seeing are long gone, what you're seeing is a picture from billions of years ago. :glee:

[#]Electrons[/#] [#]AzztroPhysical[/#] [#]MrsThompsonsClass[/#]

PS Speaking of paradox, as much as you "don't" really touch, each all matter attract each other. [#]GConstant[/#] [#]HiggsBoson[/#]

This is the answer I was waiting for. *okay* :handsdown:

In a sub-atomic level, we really don't touch anything. Technically I'm hovering above my chair instead of sitting on it. :lol:

[#]toodeeptoounderstandbyAlDubandPastillasgirlfans[/#]

game.set.match

:smokin:
  • Qubetha wrote: »
    hmmm...what do you mean?

Ang ibig nya sabihin we are made of atoms at ang atom ay walang substance dahil isa lang itong electrical charge.

Kaya yung mga nasibak mong babae hindi mo talaga nasibak umaakting ka lang parang aldub.
  • ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yeah I touched it.

just the right size, very smooth, smells good, and just the right firmness. not too soft that it's saggy, not too firm that it's fake. it's like the perfect pair of pillows being grabbed by your hands and where you love to plant your face in.

...what are we talking about again?
  • ermonski wrote: »

...what are we talking about again?

Ang ibig sabihin niyan, susyal siya at nababakyaan sa aldub.
  • The electrostatic field repulsion is the reason why you don't fall through your floor or walk through the wall. Nothing touches and you're actually hovering on you chair. You think you're solid? Atoms are 99.9999999% empty. We are made up of atoms. In other words, we are made up of almost nothing. What remains are energy fields which some physicists say are invisible vibrating strings or ghostly energies which pops in and out of existence. What are we then? An illusion?

If we have the technology to turn off the electrostatic field, we are reduced to a holographic image made up of light. People can pass through you as if you're just light from a projector.
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sayang, interesting itong topic. Hindi nakapasa sa Realm of Thought. Bakit kaya?
  • Walang kinalaman sa buhay pinoy 'to. Ang BP pang aldub lang at "Susyal ka ba" threads.
  • blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think therefore I am :lol:
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    are we tryin' to see the relevance of quantum mechanics to aldub? :glee:
  • crocopie wrote: »
    Sayang, interesting itong topic. Hindi nakapasa sa Realm of Thought. Bakit kaya?

Have you been there? I think ROT is jinxed. I dare not step into the madness. :glee:

Buhay Pinoy is cool. People here are cool and sane. :glee:

CH-dogbday.jpg
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    crocopie wrote: »

Quantum mechanics and similar topics have been raised there before, mostly by Frank Macky. But –as is always the case in ROT- the discussion ends up in an argument over whether God exists or not, and of course it deteriorates into name calling and insults.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Airfox wrote: »
    The electrostatic field repulsion is the reason why you don't fall through your floor or walk through the wall. Nothing touches and you're actually hovering on you chair. You think you're solid? Atoms are 99.9999999% empty. We are made up of atoms. In other words, we are made up of almost nothing. What remains are energy fields which some physicists say are invisible vibrating strings or ghostly energies which pops in and out of existence. What are we then? An illusion?

If we have the technology to turn off the electrostatic field, we are reduced to a holographic image made up of light. People can pass through you as if you're just light from a projector.

And based on what we’re finding out about quantum mechanics, this could end up being a scientific explanation for ghosts, meaning that when we die, we don’t disappear, but simply assume another form composed of a different type of energy field.
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    And based on what we’re finding out about quantum mechanics, this could end up being a scientific explanation for ghosts, meaning that when we die, we don’t disappear, but simply assume another form composed of a different type of energy field.

There are still a lot of things scientists do not understand about our world. We have dark energy and dark matter that still puzzles physicists. They know it's there as they observed its behavior, but are totally clueless on what it is or where it is coming from. All sorts of theory abound. Some say the dark energy comes from another world as they cannot find the source in our very own universe.

To put this to scale, all that you see, the planets, the stars, the galaxies and every matter in the universe comprises of only 4%. The rest are dark energy and dark matter.
  • Another really weird thing about our world is that it only exist when a "conscious" observer focuses their attention on something. In other words, when you are not consciously aware of something, for example your car, it does not exist anymore. What happens to the atoms of an object when you are not consciously observing it, is that it scatters throughout the universe. Once you are consciously aware of it, it then collapses itself in an instant, in a twinkling of an eye, to the previous form it had.

"I like to think the moon is there even if I am not looking at it." Albert Einstein.

"Anyone not shocked by quantum mechanics has not yet understood it." Niels Bohr

"The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experiment." Bernard d'Espagnat

Our reality is really an illusion. Our mind and consciousness creates our world.
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Schrodinger's cat sees this thread...

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]...and doesn't. [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    no one here studied engineering-level physics? of course you touch things. pressure, friction, and chemical reactions occur at the molecular and atomic levels. things work differently at sub-atomic.