Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

First time to air travel | Carry on Luggage | Backpack

Hi guys,

I recently got a job offer from manila, and I will move there in a couple of weeks from now. I will book a flight in cebu pacific airline for that.
They have an online booking system and I tried out a couple of options. I decided not to go with the extra luggage service (my budget is very limited).
But before I book one . . . this will be my first time to travel through air :), I just wanted to hear your thoughts about the carry on luggage.

Is a backpack considered a carry-on-luggage? As long as it doesn't exceeds the weight and dimensions limit.
In my case I will only a bring a couple of clothes (backpack) and a handbag for my gadgets.

Thanks!

Comments

• tope_dev wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I recently got a job offer from manila, and I will move there in a couple of weeks from now. I will book a flight in cebu pacific airline for that.
    They have an online booking system and I tried out a couple of options. I decided not to go with the extra luggage service (my budget is very limited).
    But before I book one . . . this will be my first time to travel through air :), I just wanted to hear your thoughts about the carry on luggage.

Is a backpack considered a carry-on-luggage? As long as it doesn't exceeds the weight and dimensions limit.
    In my case I will only a bring a couple of clothes (backpack) and a handbag for my gadgets.

Thanks!

YES!! Pwedeng-pwede.
  • papa oinkpapa oink PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yup they are allowed but keep in mind that there are some items such as umbrellas, tripods, that are not allowed as hand carried items.
  • Yung maleta na cabin size, hand carry rin 😀
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "
    "

you're okay. but there is a weight limit of 10kg for the bag.

the baggage allowance is just 350 lang for 15kg...

it's not big of a deal.
  • bentwoodbentwood PEx Rookie ⭐
    Why not try Airasia? They have lower airfares and should you decide to get baggage allowance it's only P170.00 for 15kg.
    There are lots of items that are not allowed for carrry-on such as pointed/bladed objects, liquids exceeding 100ml, flammable stuff, umbrellas, stinky/smelly food (danggit included) etc. IMO, i think it's better to bring extra stuff if you'll be relocating kesa magpapa-LBC ka for the stuff you didn't/forgot to bring.
    Have you considered 2GO? that might be an even cheaper option if budget is your concern. Travel time may take 24 hours though.