Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Wanted, Cebuanos in Metro Manila, to tell me where you buy corn grits to mix with...

susmariosepsusmariosep PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Wanted, Cebuanos in Metro Manila, to tell me where you buy corn grits to mix with rice to prepare kanin.

===================

I once talked with a housewife from Cebu, married and living long years in Quezon City with her husband, a native of Manila, and kids born in Manila; in our conversation she told me that even today she does not feel full when she eats kanin without corn grits as it is done in Cebu.

Later I learned that eating rice mixed with corn grits is quite common in the Visayas and Mindanao.

At one time in the recent past I took to cooking un-milled rice, meaning rice that is not polished as to look all white; but nutritionists tell us polished rice has all of its vitamins and minerals removed by polishing i.e. 'sanding off' the outer layers of the palay as to strip them off, exposing the inner core that is white.

Next I thought it was smart to just buy corn grits from stores selling chicken feeds and other grains for raising fighting skcoc [read that backward], to mix with rice for my kanin, instead of buying un-milled rice because un-milled rice is much more costly than milled rice.

You see, I learned that corn is more nutritious all around than rice, in particular as corn kernels are not polished to be sold as food.

Sorry for being long-winded -- addressing folks from Cebu living in Metro Manila, where do you buy your corn grits if you still mix corn grits with rice?

Do you also go to stores in wet market selling chicken feeds, or there are places in Metro Manila which sell corn grits for table food?

Comments

• pantone #000pantone #000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You mean cornmeal? I use it sometimes for baking. I just buy unpopped popcorn kernels from the grocery then grind them in a food processor. You can also get them from Healthy Options branches.
  • Wag po kayong bumili ng corn sa tindahan ng mga animal feeds. Not suitable for human consumption yun. I know kung paano iprepare yan.