COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Anybody who bought condo from SMDC?

tinny_rntinny_rn Member PExer
Hi everyone!

I just want to know your comments or reviews about SMDC Condos in Jazz Residences (Makati) because I am thinking of getting one but I need to have some feed backs. Kindly share your experience please! Thanks!

Comments

• direangeldireangel Member PExer
    My personal experience with SMDC Jazz in Makati is a nightmare. I own a condo in Tower D which was turned over April 18. Within a month, there are already cracks on my wall and floor tiles. The drainage in my shower is very small causing it to flood during use. Turns out there is clogged drainage causing seepage and cracks in my walls. What's worse is that management do not care about it at all. It's been more than a month and they have not attended to the repair of my unit. My request to be transferred to another unit while they are repairing mine was disapproved. They do not seem to understand that I will be exposed to hazardous chemicals and dust if I stay there during repair works.
    More over, they really "find ways" to get more money out from you once you purchase your unit.
    1) They make you pay Php 1500 for installing your own aircon (even if you will do the installation yourself) and they make you post a bond for repair works in your unit.
    2) SMDC also requires its tenants to pay "working capital" upon turnover, which is 3 months worth of monthly dues (in my case I paid Php 8k+ before I can move in)
    3) SMDC required its tenants to pay association dues even if amenities are not yet available, to the horror of Tower A tenants. (luckily I was spared of this horror since amenities became available a month after Tower D was turned over)

I am convinced there are better developers out there. SMDC's just after raking in the profits and don't really care about its tenants once they have sold the units to them.
  • tinny_rntinny_rn Member PExer
    Hi Direangel!

Thanks for sharing your experience to SMDC. It's really a money making company wherein all the things that you have to do in your condo, you need to pay them. And the materials are not good. hope it will last for years... Do you think it's still a good investment?
  • RAINEVALIENTERAINEVALIENTE Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Living at smdc condo is the most terrible and worst thing that you will do in your life.. Offering low monthly and agents said that there's a guaranteed bank financing upon unit turnover which is not true.. Very deceiving.. Check hlurb coz they dont have lts for some of their projects
  • Living at smdc condo is the most terrible and worst thing that you will do in your life.. Offering low monthly and agents said that there's a guaranteed bank financing upon unit turnover which is not true.. Very deceiving.. Check hlurb coz they dont have lts for some of their projects

I've heard these comments na rin before. Ongoing ang paghahanap ko ng condo and I'm still really considering DMCI instead.
  • samsonysamsony Member PExer
    Maybe not all smdc projects naman are like that? Good thing to have another option. How about dmci?
  • I'd go with DMCI haha
  • julsaanti12julsaanti12 Member PExer
    Sa DMCI ako nakatira saan ka alexifran?
  • VickzLo409VickzLo409 Member PExer
    medyo ilag ata ang marami sa properties ng smdc but why?
  • silvermugsilvermug it's a boredom thing PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Living at smdc condo is the most terrible and worst thing that you will do in your life.. Offering low monthly and agents said that there's a guaranteed bank financing upon unit turnover which is not true.. Very deceiving.. Check hlurb coz they dont have lts for some of their projects
    I have heard of similar stories. When the agent says guaranteed bank financing, that's just a flat out lie. It's the bank's decision.

What I did was I got bank's pre-approval first, before we moved forward with the deal.
  • The_SeekerThe_Seeker Member PExer
    I've bought a unit from SMDC's MEZZA II Sta Mesa last May. I've already paid the 10% spot downpayment for the condo unit worth 2.7M. My agent explained everything to me including the payment scheme and property management. I'm planning to have it CONDO UNIT FOR RENT through SMDC's property management. Agent told be turn-over will be after 45 working days. It has been more than 45 working days, I haven't received any confirmation of turn-over of the said unit. I have already submitted all the documents they need. I always send emails and messages to NOEME GARE and APRIL SUGCANG. They don't even bother to reply ASAP!

Ganun ba talaga ang turn-over processing? Any inputs?
    The_Seeker wrote: »
    I've bought a unit from SMDC's MEZZA II Sta Mesa last May. I've already paid the 10% spot downpayment for the condo unit worth 2.7M. My agent explained everything to me including the payment scheme and property management. I'm planning to have it CONDO UNIT FOR RENT through SMDC's property management. Agent told be turn-over will be after 45 working days. It has been more than 45 working days, I haven't received any confirmation of turn-over of the said unit. I have already submitted all the documents they need. I always send emails and messages to NOEME GARE and APRIL SUGCANG. They don't even bother to reply ASAP!

Ganun ba talaga ang turn-over processing? Any inputs?

I also bought a condo from SMDC. I see that Mezza II is under EOP. If you are under the EOP program, you should have received the EOP Approval letter. In that letter, the turnover date is indicated. It can be 30 days, 90 days, etc. But you have to call customer service and ask them when this started counting. That is the day when they received all the eligibility requirements or docs. When they give you this date, use the turnover date, 30, 90 days or whatever is applicable to you, to estimate and expect when you can get the unit.

I see that your location is MM; some people go to their office next to MOA to follow up. I am overseas so it was a little harder because I could not go there and personally ask someone -- "What's going on?"

Anyway, keep calling customer service. Use the EOP Approval Document they gave you.

If you are not under the EOP program, the last time I bought a condo from SMDC that is not under EOP, it took them a month before they turned it over to me. So much paperwork on their end and you really need to keep asking and pushing. Customer service was not much of help for me. The Buyers Turnover Group will be your guys but I did not get their direct contact from CS until I received the Notice of Acceptance. Customer service will just take your call and forward it to some guy (and I'm not even sure if they actually do that).

If I were you, I would go to their office in person. In my mind, I think the agent should help out all throughout the way until at least turnover. Because most of this is follow up, pushing, checking; and agents know which team/groups to get in touch with. I am still looking for that kind of agent, hehe.

Good luck!
    silvermug wrote: »
    I also bought a condo from SMDC. I see that Mezza II is under EOP. If you are under the EOP program, you should have received the EOP Approval letter. In that letter, the turnover date is indicated. It can be 30 days, 90 days, etc. But you have to call customer service and ask them when this started counting. That is the day when they received all the eligibility requirements or docs. When they give you this date, use the turnover date, 30, 90 days or whatever is applicable to you, to estimate and expect when you can get the unit.

I see that your location is MM; some people go to their office next to MOA to follow up. I am overseas so it was a little harder because I could not go there and personally ask someone -- "What's going on?"

Anyway, keep calling customer service. Use the EOP Approval Document they gave you.

If you are not under the EOP program, the last time I bought a condo from SMDC that is not under EOP, it took them a month before they turned it over to me. So much paperwork on their end and you really need to keep asking and pushing. Customer service was not much of help for me. The Buyers Turnover Group will be your guys but I did not get their direct contact from CS until I received the Notice of Acceptance. Customer service will just take your call and forward it to some guy (and I'm not even sure if they actually do that).

If I were you, I would go to their office in person. In my mind, I think the agent should help out all throughout the way until at least turnover. Because most of this is follow up, pushing, checking; and agents know which team/groups to get in touch with. I am still looking for that kind of agent, hehe.

Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for the inputs. I'm working overseas so the only communication with them is through email. I did not receive any APPROVAL LETTER from their side since May. This was their latest e-mail reply dated August 1:

"We have submitted your documents for reconsideration,this time with 20%spot, 15% in 22 months, 65% balance that will work best for your salary range."
    The_Seeker wrote: »
    Hi! Thanks for the inputs. I'm working overseas so the only communication with them is through email. I did not receive any APPROVAL LETTER from their side since May. This was their latest e-mail reply dated August 1:

"We have submitted your documents for reconsideration,this time with 20%spot, 15% in 22 months, 65% balance that will work best for your salary range."

Has your agent completely and truly abandoned you? From my understanding, they don't get their commission at this stage. That message demands an explanation. In my opinion, you should have been consulted first before your docs were submitted for a different payment term.

As in email lang talaga means of comm niyo? No Viber, no Facebook, nothing else?

Another thing that my previous agent advised me to do when following up with customer service - sabi niya sakin, okay lang daw na tumawag ako sa CS kahit galit ako. i.e. you can be one of those irate callers, tee hee.

Are you not coming home anytime soon? Or maybe someone from your family, perhaps your SPA, can follow up with them in person? Then kapag kausap na niya taga SMDC, hook you up on the phone para kasali ka sa conversation. I believe mas effective kapag in-person.
    ^^^ My agent is currently enjoying her vacation in the Philippines. I always message her through FB messenger and she's responding few days after saying the same thing ("I will follow up Sir personally, blah blah blah).

They just replied yesterday after sending ALL CAPS emails shouting those people in the email thread (super irate na talaga ako, kulang na lang murahin ko sila eh). Well, I think I need to wait for another month. Let's see. They say EOP will normally take up to 5-6 months prior to the turn-over.
  • JenSorianoJenSoriano Member PExer
    samsony wrote: »
    Maybe not all smdc projects naman are like that? Good thing to have another option. How about dmci?

I am a dmci condo owner. For me, okay ang DMCI when it comes to their units and also, ang mga properties nila right now is puro resort-type na which makes it better.
  • drspideydrspidey Member PExer
    I acquired a unit at Mezza 2 Residences at Sta Mesa Area last May 2017 because it was the nearest condo to UERM where my daughter is studying. Counting the days from whence the requirements and checks were submitted, the turnover was supposed to be in the last week of August 2017 for EOP60. When I inspected the unit there were issues like a peeled wall paint in the bedroom, hollow sounding floor tiles and a leaking toilet bowl. These were minor I was told. Each time i followed up I got the same response "ginagawa na sir", "nasa engineering unit na po" and "we are still within the EOP60 schedule po", "we are following up your turnover".
    It is first week of September 2017 na, nag lapse na yung EOP60. Do I get an update at least? No, they are not that responsible and professional to inform or update you at least. You have to bother them time and again to follow up. Today, I requested my sales agent to followup and this I was told " for delivery na daw po yung materyales". What the heck! Anong delivery at anong materyales???? 2 months had passed and may materyales pang hinihintay? If only they would allow unit owners to do the repairs and then deduct the expenses from the unit price.
    I do not trust my sales agent and her agency anymore...puro "yes sir fina followup po namin regularly" but when you ask them for an update or what repairs are being done, wala silang masabi. I trusted my SMDC agent because she is my cousin's wife and I wanted to give them my business.
    Wrong move! I should have research on SMDC prior to buying a unit with them. I should not have trusted them because of blood relations.
    May DMCI project na malapit din pero 1 jeepney ride din to UERM...sa Mezza 2 katabi lang yung condo so lakad lang talaga.
    We have acquired a DMCI project din before, Raya Residences sa Bicutan. Transacting with them was a breeze. DMCI was transparent and upfront, even giving us back a check for savings on the two adjoining units we bought kasi tinanggal yung adjoining wall. They also allowed my Mom to process the real property registration and taxes saving us a huge amount on miscellaneous expenses.
    Learning this lesson the hard way. Kailan ang turnover ng Mezza 2 unit namin???? Only God knows.
    I am frustrated with SMDC :grrr:
  • drspideydrspidey Member PExer
    drspidey wrote: »
    I acquired a unit at Mezza 2 Residences at Sta Mesa Area last May 2017 because it was the nearest condo to UERM where my daughter is studying. Counting the days from whence the requirements and checks were submitted, the turnover was supposed to be in the last week of August 2017 for EOP60. When I inspected the unit there were issues like a peeled wall paint in the bedroom, hollow sounding floor tiles and a leaking toilet bowl. These were minor I was told. Each time i followed up I got the same response "ginagawa na sir", "nasa engineering unit na po" and "we are still within the EOP60 schedule po", "we are following up your turnover".
    It is first week of September 2017 na, nag lapse na yung EOP60. Do I get an update at least? No, they are not that responsible and professional to inform or update you at least. You have to bother them time and again to follow up. Today, I requested my sales agent to followup and this I was told " for delivery na daw po yung materyales". What the heck! Anong delivery at anong materyales???? 2 months had passed and may materyales pang hinihintay? If only they would allow unit owners to do the repairs and then deduct the expenses from the unit price.
    I do not trust my sales agent and her agency anymore...puro "yes sir fina followup po namin regularly" but when you ask them for an update or what repairs are being done, wala silang masabi. I trusted my SMDC agent because she is my cousin's wife and I wanted to give them my business.
    Wrong move! I should have research on SMDC prior to buying a unit with them. I should not have trusted them because of blood relations.
    May DMCI project na malapit din pero 1 jeepney ride din to UERM...sa Mezza 2 katabi lang yung condo so lakad lang talaga.
    We have acquired a DMCI project din before, Raya Residences sa Bicutan. Transacting with them was a breeze. DMCI was transparent and upfront, even giving us back a check for savings on the two adjoining units we bought kasi tinanggal yung adjoining wall. They also allowed my Mom to process the real property registration and taxes saving us a huge amount on miscellaneous expenses.
    Learning this lesson the hard way. Kailan ang turnover ng Mezza 2 unit namin???? Only God knows.
    I am frustrated with SMDC :grrr:

Our unit was turnovered last Sept 9, 2017. Took less than a week after I followed up in person at the SMDC office at E-com tower 2 at MOA. It pays to talk to a customer service rep personally if you have questions. I found out that my agent didnt tell me that I was tagged late, only on July 27 instead of June 23 the day I submitted all requirements plus the PDCs, and on which we based my EOP60. The CSR was typing away on her computer and I heard her call up people most likely in the turnover group. Before I left the SMDC office I got a commitment, an estimated turnover date of 2 weeks. I was told to followup daily by text as she will try to expedite the whole process. She called 5 days later to inform me that the unit was undergoing minor repairs but will be ready the next day. She told me to wait for the Notice of Acceptance from the turnover group which they will be sending shortly by email.
    What was funny (irritating actually) was when I got a text message from the sales agent informing me that as per the assistant project director, the unit will not yet ready until monday (sept. 11) and that she was trying to do everything to speed it up. I wanted to just ignore her and let it pass but texted her back instead, saying "Got a Notice of Acceptance already for turnover tomorrow". Her reply the next day was..."good to know".
  • panget1612panget1612 Member PExer
    hello po... question naman po.sorry baka out of topic po ito kase i did not buy a unit from smdc. instead sa robinsons communities po kame nakapagpareserve ng isang condo unit...nakapagpay na din po ako ng 1st monthly payment. however hindi ko pa po pnipirmahan ang contract kase I noticed na mali yung address na nakalagay. its my fault mali yung address na nalagay ko sa reservation paper... basic information sheet po ata tawag nila dun... bsta its a form na fifilupan mo woth your basic information kasabay ng pagbabayad ng reservation. now mali po ang address na nailagay kk pero isang digit lang po ang mali. from 48 need ko sya ipabago to 46... its just a matter of a single digit and they want me to pay 2k for reprint daw po... wala pa po ako contract na nappirmahan. and ayaw ko po sana mavbayad kase simpleng reprint lang naman po ang ggwin base sa pagkakaintindi ko... ganito po ba talaga? please advise. thankyou po in advance
  • matangkad2matangkad2 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    • This is to warn anyone who has any interest in buying or renting at Mezza Residence Condominium located along Aurora Blvd and Araneta Ave. Most if not all the units in these towers have a water leak. The units leak along the ceiling when it rains in most of the floors. SMDC management and unit owners have known about this problem since these condos were built in 2007 but never disclosed it to their buyers and renters. They act like nothing is wrong and still rent and/or sell their units without disclosing the issues. The building engineers and maintenance personnel would pretend to fix the problem knowing fully well that there is nothing they can do about it. These buildings should be shut down or be condemned. By not disclosing this or any building problem the developer along with the unit owners are misrepresenting the property and are committing a fraudulent act. They should be reported and prosecuted - including Henry Sy!!! How many properties like this exists in the Philippines???!!!
  • matangkad2matangkad2 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    The other issue with condominiums in the Philippines is smoking. This is especially directed to Filipino-Americans or anyone against breathing 2nd hand cigarette smoke. Many Filipinos smoke inside their units and the smoke travels to other units. The developer/property managers will tell you they have a no smoking policy but trust me - they do not enforce it. You will be miserable inhaling second hand smoke in addition to your unit stinking like smoke. Been there done that. Be warned!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file