Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

PEX doctors,I need your help.. burned by hot water

prEttyInDistr3ssprEttyInDistr3ss PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
5 days ago I accidentaly tip over my mug and the hot water spilled over my left thigh.. I immediately rinse it with tap running water to cool it down. And now it looks like this.. it's itchy and kinda hurt when I touch it. is it healing or pls recommend what to do with this.. sana Di mag tubig tubig or mag scar.. please advice.. thanks..

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]bcqtwoP.jpg[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Comments

• LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    It looks like a first-degree burn only since blisters are absent. From the Mayo Clinic:

Cool the burn to help soothe the pain. Hold the burned area under cool (not cold) running water for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pain eases. Or apply a clean towel dampened with cool tap water.

Remove rings or other tight items from the burned area. Try to do this quickly and gently, before the area swells.

Don't break small blisters (no bigger than your little fingernail). If blisters break, gently clean the area with mild soap and water, apply an antibiotic ointment, and cover it with a nonstick gauze bandage.

Apply moisturizer, aloe vera lotion or gel, or low-dose hydrocortisone cream, which may provide relief in some cases.

If needed, take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen sodium (Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others).

Consider a tetanus shot. Make sure that your tetanus booster is up to date. Doctors recommend people get a tetanus shot at least every 10 years.

See your doctor if you develop large blisters. Large blisters are best removed, as they rarely will remain intact on their own. Also seek medical help if the burn covers a large area of the body or if you notice signs of infection, such as oozing from the wound and increased pain, redness and swelling.

You can try applying Calmoseptine cream (available as sachets). The zinc oxide in Calmoseptine is useful for the burn while the calamine provides a soothing effect. It's available in Mercury and probably other drugstores too.
  • mcsteamy17mcsteamy17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Huwaw... ang puti at ang kinis-kinis... :D

Calmoseptine din ang gamit ng nanay ko for the rashes on her skin... effective nga...

Pwede for kutis baby... ...aaahhhh... :dizzy:
  • prEttyInDistr3ssprEttyInDistr3ss PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Les wrote: »
    It looks like a first-degree burn only since blisters are absent. From the Mayo Clinic:

You can try applying Calmoseptine cream (available as sachets). The zinc oxide in Calmoseptine is useful for the burn while the calamine provides a soothing effect. It's available in Mercury and probably other drugstores too.
    mcsteamy17 wrote: »
    Huwaw... ang puti at ang kinis-kinis... :D

Calmoseptine din ang gamit ng nanay ko for the rashes on her skin... effective nga...

Pwede for kutis baby... ...aaahhhh... :dizzy:

Thank you Doc and Mcsteamy..

I went to see a derma yesterday and was told na dapat pala I should have visit sooner like on the day I got the burn. Was told the inside healed, pero it's itchy and it hurt when I touched it. But the color is now brown and the derma told me na scar na sya.. I wanted to cry :mecry: ang laki pa naman ng scar na to...

this is how it looks like now..

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]wnMgVMA.jpg?1[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • mcsteamy17mcsteamy17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Aww... :depressed:

There's hope...

Baka kaya ng laser treatment yan para maibalik sa dating kutis baby :D

...aaahhhh... :dizzy: