COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

Mega Manila FM Radio Ratings

Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
Just got a copy of the recent radio ratings in Mega Manila.

1. 90.7 DZMB-FM (Love)
2. 97.1 DWLS-FM (Barangay)
3. 101.9 DWRR-FM (For Life)
4. 101.1 DWYS-FM (Yes)
5. 96.3 DWRK-FM (Easy Rock)
6. 91.5 DWKY-FM (Big)
7. 102.7 DWSM-FM (Star)
8. 99.1 DWGV-FM (Good Vibes)
9. 92.3 DWFM-FM (News FM)
10-12. 106.7 DWET-FM (Energy)
10-12. 93.9 iFM-FM (Kamote)
10-12. 95.5 DWDM-FM (Pinas FM)
13-14. 89.9 DWTM-FM (Magic)
13-14. 93.1 DWRX-FM (Monster Radio)
15-17. 100.3 DZRJ-FM (Latest & The Greatest)
15-17. 97.9 DWQZ-FM (Home)
15-17. 94.7 DWLL-FM (Mellow)
18-22. 105.1 DWBM-FM (Crossover)
18-22. 107.5 DWNU-FM (Wish)
18-22. 103.5 DWKX-FM (K-Lite)
18-22. 88.3 DWJM-FM (Jam)
18-22. 89.1 DWAV-FM (Wave)
23-27. 104.3 DWBR-FM (Business Radio)
23-27. 105.9 DWLA-FM (Retro)
23-27. 98.7 DZFE-FM (Master Touch)
23-27. 99.5 DWRT-FM (Play)
23-27. 105.5 DWDU-FM

No surprises here really, as far as the Top 5 are concerned. The radio stations of major TV networks ABS-CBN and GMA7 are safely perched on top of the list, while the 3 Elizalde (FJE) stations as usual, lord it over everybody else. It's a testament of the FJE Group knowing who their market is and what they really want.

The biggest revelation is 99.1 DWGV-FM. Not so much publicity for them, and they belong to a frequency that's not part of the regular 0.8 interval so for them to make it to the Top 10 was a surprise.

Quite interestingly as well, 92.3 News-FM, the radio station of network TV5, isn't in the Top 5 although based on their announcement, they're the highest-rated radio news network in Mega Manila, faring better than perennial AM station giants DZBB, DZMM and DZRH.

As usual, the stations that the upper to middle class normally patronizes - Magic, Monster and Mellow, are bubbling under the Top 10. Other stations like K-Lite, Crossover, Retro, Jam, Wave, Play, among others, aren't also faring well.

The ties from 15th to 27th aren't that significant really, but you can't help but feel for Play, Jam and Wave (all Vera-owned stations) as they have enough advertising budget to generate more listeners but are having difficulty making an impact in the ratings. Then again, this is no surprise really as even back in the 80's, stations like 99.5RT (during the Emilio Tuason era), 101.1 KISS-FM, 91.5 KY-FM were perceived to be making a significant impact in terms of listenership but always find themselves in the cellar come survey time.

For those who may have seen the radio ratings for the first time here, don't be shocked really. This is the usual ratings that gets churned out everytime. There are times when some stations crack the Top 10 like RJ 100, Pinas FM, Energy FM, and iFM, but this is pretty much standard fare.

Note though that these ratings are used by several ad agencies to determine where they can put their clients' ad spots on radio. While there are exceptions like Magic and Monster who rake in sufficient revenue because they cater to a market with greater purchasing power, thereby enhancing their position as an advertising medium, you can imagine why top brands would be more heard in stations ranked in the Top 5 in particular.

Comments

• j5bataj5bata There's also ONE BENILDE! ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought Yes would be back to back with Love on the top 2 spots given how they're always marketed together.

I'm actually surprised a number of non-NCR based stations in the list. They're probably really are stronger in their respective coverage areas within Mega Manila.
  • Hiroshi08Hiroshi08 Damon Griffith PExer
    I'm curious...

How do they generate these ratings? Even for TV...
    Same process as the US and other countries?
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    So Magic and RX are tied again. Play FM is way too low
    Hiroshi08 wrote: »
    I'm curious...

How do they generate these ratings? Even for TV...
    Same process as the US and other countries?

Based on past posts about radio ratings, pagsasagawa ng surveys lang talaga ang paraan para ma-measure ang listenership.
  • ylle45ylle45 Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    nakakagulat ang ratings:glee:
  • Hiroshi08Hiroshi08 Damon Griffith PExer
    j5bata wrote: »
    Based on past posts about radio ratings, pagsasagawa ng surveys lang talaga ang paraan para ma-measure ang listenership.

So survey lang? :hmm:
    Hiroshi08 wrote: »
    So survey lang? :hmm:

Yep, survey lang talaga. Hindi siya gaya ng pagmeasure ng TV ratings na may electronic journals ka na puwede maggenerate ng datos at agad mamemeasure ng NIelsen ang ratings for the next day or two. Radio surveys take a much longer time to complete.
  • mel414mel414 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, medyo off topic lang. Sana may makasagot

Whenever I listen to RX 93.1, at katatapos lang ng KBP Golden Dove Awards, they always have a plug saying they won the best this, best that, etc. Could it be possible na meron silang "kilala or connection sa loob" ng KBP? Walang palya to, every year I always hear their awards ad.
    mel414 wrote: »
    Sorry, medyo off topic lang. Sana may makasagot

Whenever I listen to RX 93.1, at katatapos lang ng KBP Golden Dove Awards, they always have a plug saying they won the best this, best that, etc. Could it be possible na meron silang "kilala or connection sa loob" ng KBP? Walang palya to, every year I always hear their awards ad.

I can't blame RX if they're playing the awards-card to remain relevant. At least they have something to back it up although awards won't necessarily translate to a bigger share of the advertising pie.
  • reimundniklausreimundniklaus www.therichmindset.net
    forg wrote: »
    So Magic and RX are tied again. Play FM is way too low

I listen to Play FM din. Although they rank low, mukhang marami pa rin naman advertisers nila.
  • OnoreDikeidoOnoreDikeido Member PExer
    I'm A big fan of Easy Rock, i did not expect that they were on the top 5 despite that I've heard several hate messages and comparisons. Anyway, I don't usually care about how trending this station is, or how do they manage this station, my only importance is that, they play good music.
  • greenfair08greenfair08 Member ✭✭
    I'm surprised that 99.5 play fm is the lowest-ranking among the tiger 22 stations. I think they have more advertisers than 103.5 KLite.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Play FM audience is young though based na lang sa countdown results nila so probably that's a factor with their ads, it maybe small in general but the target demo they have is appealing to advertiser
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Mega Manila FM Radio ratings (2Q)
    Demographic: All People
    Session: Mon-Sun 12AM to 12AM
    Place of Listening: ALL

1. 90.7 DZMB-FM (Love)
    4. 101.1 DWYS-FM (Yes)
    6. 93.9 iFM-FM (Kamote)
    7. 91.5 DWKY-FM (Big)
    8. 102.7 DWSM-FM (Star)
    9. 89.9 DWTM-FM (Magic)
    10-12. 99.5 DWRT-FM (Play)
    10-12. 95.5 DWDM-FM (Pinas)
    13-15. 94.7 DWLL-FM (Mellow)
    13-15. 92.3 DWFM-FM (News FM)
    13-15. 107.5 DWNU-FM (Wish)
    16. 99.1 DWGV-FM (Good Vibes)
    17. 103.5 DWKX-FM (K-Lite)
    18-21. 100.3 DZRJ-FM (Latest & The Greatest)
    18-21. 97.9 DWQZ-FM (Home)
    18-21. 88.3 DWJM-FM (Jam)
    18-21. 93.1 DWRX-FM (Monster)
    22-27. 104.3 DWBR-FM (Business Radio)
    22-27. 105.9 DWLA-FM (Retro)
    22-27. 105.1 DWBM-FM (Crossover)
    22-27. 98.7 DZFE-FM (Master's Touch)
    22-27. 105.5 DWDU-FM
    22-27. 89.1 DWAV-FM (Wave)
    Some curious points:

1. Biggest jumper: Play-FM. Despite the "elite" perception, Play was able to rate impressively, ranking in the Top 10 after several years of absence by this frequency in this category.

2. Magic also hopped its way to the Top 10, registering an impressive performance.

3. Biggest dropper: 93.1 RX may have been the victim of Play and Magic's uprising. They all belong to the same listener base and their followers may have been taken by the two Vera stations for this survey period.

4. The top 5 have remained well-entrenched. It's no surprise that these are owned by the Big 3 in broadcasting: ABS-CBN, GMA, and the FJE Group.

5. Do we see a possible reformat of 89.1 Wave? They've been around the business for more than a decade and a half but it seems they would need a major resuscitation at this point. The upside is that they have a niche market that loyally listens to them. The question is - and since they belong to the Vera Group - will that format be retained, especially if advertising revenues don't come in?
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky 一匹オオカミ PExer
    ^Thanks for the update.

- Glad to see na nasa top 5 ang Lite Rock. Pero hoping they'd bring back their old library. Mga circa 90's. Swerte ko na madalas yung mga taxi na nasasakyan ko naka tune sa kanila. Nakaka set ng good vibes before start of work. Minsan sa 90.7 kaso nakaka umay na minsan yung program ni Papa Jack.

- Nung nakikinig pa ako dati sa 89.1 ay easy listening format sila. More into r&b at minimal lang yung uber hip hop tunes. Di na ako gaano nakikinig sa kanila dahil puro hip hop na pinapa tugtog nila. Di mo naman maintindihan ang lyrics at nakaka irita pa minsan. Parang mas okay kung mag switch back sila sa dating format.
    I like the fact that MBC is no longer has a monopoloy of the top 2 spots, Love na lang ang top dog. It never really made sense to operate two similar yet competing stations, all going after the same market when they could just focus on just one, although of course given na pera-pera lang iyan but still, they just share each other's DJ's and resources for the same demo.

Naiisip ko tuloy kung paano siuuro minamarket nila ang Yes sa mga advertisers:
    "Yes is like Love but we're very different. We have different jocks, we play a a far different playlist of gasgas and umay songs, and twe're basically Love-lite."
  • dawsiedawsie Member PExer
    *** ata *** energy 106.7. Are they in the number 10 to 12 slot?
    dawsie wrote: »
    *** ata *** energy 106.7. Are they in the number 10 to 12 slot?

Yes, my bad. Thanks for the observation. Energy 106.7 is ranked from 10th to 12th...
  • reimundniklausreimundniklaus www.therichmindset.net
    Mega Manila FM Radio ratings (2Q)
    Demographic: All People
    Session: Mon-Sun 12AM to 12AM
    Place of Listening: ALL

1. 90.7 DZMB-FM (Love)
    4. 101.1 DWYS-FM (Yes)
    6. 93.9 iFM-FM (Kamote)
    7. 91.5 DWKY-FM (Big)
    8. 102.7 DWSM-FM (Star)
    9. 89.9 DWTM-FM (Magic)
    10-12. 99.5 DWRT-FM (Play)
    10-12. 95.5 DWDM-FM (Pinas)
    13-15. 94.7 DWLL-FM (Mellow)
    13-15. 92.3 DWFM-FM (News FM)
    13-15. 107.5 DWNU-FM (Wish)
    16. 99.1 DWGV-FM (Good Vibes)
    17. 103.5 DWKX-FM (K-Lite)
    18-21. 100.3 DZRJ-FM (Latest & The Greatest)
    18-21. 97.9 DWQZ-FM (Home)
    18-21. 88.3 DWJM-FM (Jam)
    18-21. 93.1 DWRX-FM (Monster)
    22-27. 104.3 DWBR-FM (Business Radio)
    22-27. 105.9 DWLA-FM (Retro)
    22-27. 105.1 DWBM-FM (Crossover)
    22-27. 98.7 DZFE-FM (Master's Touch)
    22-27. 105.5 DWDU-FM
    22-27. 89.1 DWAV-FM (Wave)

Woot! :cheers:

Thanks for the update! *okay*

Personally, I feel that the strategy of PlayFM na "Less talk, More music" worked for them this time. Compared kasi sa Magic or Monster, mas enjoy na silang pakinggan ngayon if pop music talaga ang habol mo.

And mas listener friendly nga sila ngayon as compared before when Tim Yap was with them. :lol: Sana magtuloy-tuloy lang sila. Been a PlayFM listener since 2013 here. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file