COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Royal Tenenbaums

cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL couch potato :) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
In a fitting follow-up to Rushmore, writer-director Wes Anderson and cowriter-actor Owen Wilson have crafted another comedic masterwork that ripples with inventive, richly emotional substance. Because of the all-star cast, hilarious dialogue, and oddball characters existing in their own, wholly original universe, it's easy to miss the depth and complexity of Anderson's brand of comedy. Here, it revolves around Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman), the errant patriarch of a dysfunctional family of geniuses, including precocious playwright Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow), boyish financier and grieving widower Chas (Ben Stiller), and has-been tennis pro Richie (Luke Wilson). All were raised with supportive detachment by mother Etheline (Anjelica Huston), and all ache profoundly for a togetherness they never really had. The Tenenbaums reconcile somehow, but only after Anderson and Wilson (who costars as a loopy literary celebrity) put them through a compassionate series of quirky confrontations and rekindled affections. -Amazon.com

i wanna watch this! when kaya? sounds like fun :glee:

Comments

• *keyah**keyah* On My Side Still PExer
    Me too! I love films that tackle the subject of families. And yeah, having a stellar cast is another reason why I wanna catch this one. As well as the Owen brothers.

*okay*
  • s|ates|ate Nobody's Man PExer
    I saw the trailer, and I've read some reviews... this movie has sure lots to offer.

One scene na sobrang natawa ko:

Gwyneth (in a low serious tone): You don't even know my middle name.

Gene: Hah, that's a trick question! You don't have one.

Gwyneth: Pam. (or something)

Gene Hackman might be nominated for an award in this role.
    Originally posted by s|ate
    I saw the trailer, and I've read some reviews... this movie has sure lots to offer.

One scene na sobrang natawa ko:

Gwyneth (in a low serious tone): You don't even know my middle name.

Gene: Hah, that's a trick question! You don't have one.

Gwyneth: Pam. (or something)

Gene Hackman might be nominated for an award in this role.

"It's Helen" Gwyneth's character said glumly.

Yeah, I found that scene nice too.

*okay*
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL couch potato :) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by *keyah*
    Me too! I love films that tackle the subject of families. And yeah, having a stellar cast is another reason why I wanna catch this one. As well as the Owen brothers.

*okay*
    you mean Wilson bros? i saw Luke in Leno & that was the 1st time i actually found him cute..reminds me of David Schwimmer :love: kinda geeky but cute :glee: and twas also actually the 1st time i found out Owen was his bro..i always thought there was some kind of a resemblance :beam:
    Ooppps... :blush2:

hehehe! Yup Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson.

*okay*
  • krovekrove Banned by Admin PExer
    napanood ko na ang vcd copy niya. okey na rin ang quality. clear sound. i like director wes anderson's style. sha rin ang direktor ng rushmore at bottlerocket.

and gwyneth had "racoon eyes" in the film...
  • Mark Renton96Mark Renton96 Choose life... PExer
    I've been waiting for this movie for so long... being a big Wes Anderson fan...

It's one of the Worst movies of the year and the reviews aren't that great but heck I can't wait to watch it. I only saw bits and of course the 2 trailers from apple.com
  • shallowshallow Ghost of Ian Rush PExer
    one of the worst? you're kidding, right? how can Wes Anderson ever come up with a bad film?! anyway, i've been waiting for this film since i first read about it. you guys should check out Bottle Rocket. it's also by Wes with the Owens brothers (even the unknown Owens... there are 3 of 'em). it has great things to say about friendships. it's nice to know that there's a Bottle Rocket before these guys get gobbled up by the Hollywood machine.
  • homeBuddyhomeBuddy Member PExer
    Originally posted by shallow
    it's also by Wes with the Owens brothers (even the unknown Owens... there are 3 of 'em)

i think you mean Wilson brothers :)

it's Owen, Luke and i don't know the other one...bsta the Bottle Rocket dudes nga...
  • yUCK_Fou!yUCK_Fou! Boo Yah! PExer
    So when is it going to be shown? I already saw it sa VCD (due to my impatience... heck, I started waiting for it mga November pa when I saw the official website! :D) pero mas maganda syempre panoorin ito sa sinehan! I kinda like the soundtrack... ganda ng Hey Jude na background song sa first part ng movie! *okay*

http://www.theroyaltenenbaums.com - grabe! ang ganda ng website! ;)
  • ^^XTC®^^^^XTC®^^ fire-dancing PExer
    I'm going to see this movie. My cousin from the states has been raving about this non-stop (I think even before it was shown there, the moment she saw the "trailer", she was on-and raving).

Hmmm...the trailer looked interesting. Hmmm...:rolleyes:
  • joeydaninjajoeydaninja Dalmatian Maus PExer
    I have seen this movie

and I must say it was terrific!

If you are posting in this thread, it means you must've wanted to see it.

It tackles the perils of being intelligent in a not so intelligent world.

anyway, let's talk about the film, once everybody has seen it :)

oh and the brother of Owen and Luke is Andrew Wilson, he played Future Man (hehehe) in Bottle Rocket :cool:
    Originally posted by joeydaninja
    I have seen this movie

and I must say it was terrific!

If you are posting in this thread, it means you must've wanted to see it.

It tackles the perils of being intelligent in a not so intelligent world.

anyway, let's talk about the film, once everybody has seen it :)

oh and the brother of Owen and Luke is Andrew Wilson, he played Future Man (hehehe) in Bottle Rocket :cool:
    Yes, it was terrific! Gusto ko rin yung sinabi mo about being intelligent in a not so intelligent world... ;)

So, kailan ba talaga ipapalabas to dito sa Pinas?
  • TharakiTharaki Webmaster PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    parang next showing na ata to sa mga malls. :rolleyes:
  • joeydaninjajoeydaninja Dalmatian Maus PExer
    ey yUCK_Fou!

sorry I wasn't able to reply to your PM about Battle Royale but thanks for the link!

o, ano, Battle Royale Night?

we'd have to hold it around April though :D

joeydaninja
  • nadesiconadesico rx_queen PExer
    I wanna watch this one. I heard that Wes Anderson is a fan of Glass family of JD Salinger. I think this movie is somehow inspired by Salinger's stories.
    Originally posted by Tharaki
    parang next showing na ata to sa mga malls. :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the info! *okay*

[off-topic]
    joeydaninja

nakasali ka na ba sa BR club sa yahoo? Galing ng pics 'no?!!! :D

Game ako dyan sa Battle Royale Night na 'yan! Sana nga lang eh maraming sumuporta! Baket naman April pa??? Oh well, okey lang para summer vacation. Dami kasi ako gawa sa school eh! :D
  • tequilapjtequilapj nobody can eat 50 eggs PExer
    Originally posted by yUCK_Fou!
    http://www.theroyaltenenbaums.com - grabe! ang ganda ng website! ;)

seryoso ba tong link na to? :rolleyes::|
  • TharakiTharaki Webmaster PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by tequilapj

ewan ko dyan ke yuck-fou! parang hindi sa tingin ko! :D
    Originally posted by tequilapj

Oh my GOD! I'm sorry! Nagulat rin ako nung tinignan ko kung saan pumunta yung link! Sorry talaga! The REAL URL is:

http://www.RoyalTenenbaums.com - without the "the!"

Sorry talaga! My mistake! Papabura ko na lang sa admin! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file