With NCAA back at ABS-CBN, will there be a UAAP vs NCAA all-star volleyball game?

__bahay_kubo____bahay_kubo__ Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
after being with TV5 for two seasons, the NCAA has returned to and signed a ten-year contract with ABS-CBN.

if you can still remember, the last time NCAA was with ABS-CBN, there were UAAP vs NCAA all-star basketball games, all of which were done primarily for the benefit of Bantay Bata.

with NCAA returning to ABS-CBN and the rising popularity of volleyball in the Philippines, will there ever be a UAAP vs NCAA all-star volleyball game? :?:

Comments

• PinkPrintPinkPrint Member ✭✭✭
    yes pleaseeee!!
  • Classy4evrClassy4evr True and Blue PExer
    I would like to see a match up of the best volleyball players or teams in the UAAP against their counterparts in the NCAA, just to have an idea of the relative strength of each league.

It will be interesting though how they will determine the best players in each league, and by whom? Just as you can see from the heated debates and passionate division among fans regarding who should be in the national teams, I am quite sure each school's fan base will also lobby hard and push for their respective favorites. Perhaps the easier way would be just to arrange a "Clash of Champions" series between the UAAP and NCAA league champions.
  • Sunken GardenerSunken Gardener Goin on a stroll... PExer
    Kung gusto niyo mahaluan ng masamang ugali ng mga taga san beda eh edi go for it! *peace*
  • RicoSato76RicoSato76 Member ✭✭✭
    Classy4evr wrote: »
    I would like to see a match up of the best volleyball players or teams in the UAAP against their counterparts in the NCAA, just to have an idea of the relative strength of each league.

It will be interesting though how they will determine the best players in each league, and by whom? Just as you can see from the heated debates and passionate division among fans regarding who should be in the national teams, I am quite sure each school's fan base will also lobby hard and push for their respective favorites. Perhaps the easier way would be just to arrange a "Clash of Champions" series between the UAAP and NCAA league champions.

Give the fans the power to vote for the starting six plus libero a la NBA all stars. The rest of the rosters will be decided by the coaches.
  • ParvaituriParvaituri Irreverence is my disease! PExer
    Kung gusto niyo mahaluan ng masamang ugali ng mga taga san beda eh edi go for it! *peace*

lol sunken ayan na naman ang hatred mo against san beda. let go mo na yun hahaha
    Parvaituri wrote: »
    lol sunken ayan na naman ang hatred mo against san beda. let go mo na yun hahaha

hanggang aktibo ako sa pex ilalaban ko ang aking advocacy na "no to san beda in the uaap!" :rotflmao:
  • picassoofmanilapicassoofmanila Lurker/Bangkay ✭✭✭
    Classy4evr wrote: »

Perhaps Final 4 teams of the two leagues? :lol:
  • Classy4evrClassy4evr True and Blue PExer

That's a good idea and practical. I wanted to add something similar to my post perhaps the top 3 teams in each league playing a round robin format, or something like that.

I am just trying to avoid the lengthy and messy (I suspect highly) process of coming up with the all star selection, because I am quite sure there will be uproars and protests against the results whether it is done by fan voting, by committee, coaches selection, or all the above. After all, we just want to see it happening and enjoy the event without a lengthy wait.
  • LeCreusetLeCreuset Rau Ru Kurūze
    Wow naman yung 10-year contract ng NCAA.. Just to ensure there's TV coverage for the next decade. :glee:

Don't think NCAA is competitive enough pede siguro yung bottom 4 ng UAAP. :naughty:
  • __bahay_kubo____bahay_kubo__ Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hanggang aktibo ako sa pex ilalaban ko ang aking advocacy na "no to san beda in the uaap!" :rotflmao:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

:naughty: :glee:[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • kritikerkritiker Member ✭✭
    Boring. At talagang inasam nilang maging prime collegiate league sa bansa, eh nasa ABSCBN din ang UAAP. Ipa-prioritize ba nila ang NCAA, knowing na nasa UAAP ang Ateneo? :glee:
  • ialden15ialden15 Your Favorite Mistake PExer
    ^Chrew. Atenean ang karamihan ng big bosses ng ABS. Lalo na si Ma'am Cory na laging present sa ADMU-DLSU volleyball finals. :glee:
  • epalogepalog Member PExer
    Me thinks the top 7 teams in the UAAP (Season 77 lineup) can handily beat NCAA's defending champs Arellano.
  • SuperSmizeSuperSmize Member PExer
    Sana naman dahil sa paglipat nila sa ABS-CBN maging competitive na laro ng ibang schools sa kanila. Baka langawin lang ibang game. *peace*
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

hahahahaha.mga bedans ---- tapos na galit ko sa inyo. that was years ago. peace na tayo lels
  • kritikerkritiker Member ✭✭
    San Beda College :rolleyes:

:glee:
  • __bahay_kubo____bahay_kubo__ Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    we'll see if sasamantalahin ng ABS-CBN ang opportunity coming from the return of the NCAA and the rising popularity of volleyball. sa tingin ko kasi babalik ulit ang UAAP-NCAA All-Star Basketball Games. it wouldn't be a surprise if the ABS-CBN people will also come up with the UAAP-NCAA All-Star Volleyball Games. :D

hmmmm... paano pala si Gorayeb? may NU siya sa UAAP at may Baste siya sa NCAA. :naughty: :glee:
  • LeCreusetLeCreuset Rau Ru Kurūze
    we'll see if sasamantalahin ng ABS-CBN ang opportunity coming from the return of the NCAA and the rising popularity of volleyball. sa tingin ko kasi babalik ulit ang UAAP-NCAA All-Star Basketball Games. it wouldn't be a surprise if the ABS-CBN people will also come up with the UAAP-NCAA All-Star Volleyball Games. :D

hmmmm... paano pala si Gorayeb? may NU siya sa UAAP at may Baste siya sa NCAA. :naughty: :glee:

He'll coach the UAAP All-Star squad tapos bench warmers ang non-ADMU-NU players with Soltones in the line-up. :glee: :naughty:
  • undesirabletashaundesirabletasha Member PExer

for sure hindi na naman pasok ang UST dyan.

pero paglumipat sila sa ncaa baka magkaron ng chance sa final 4. baka lang :rotflmao:
  • work_placework_place Member ✭✭✭
    Sana it will not all be about the money.

Mas magandang usapan ito sa GMTV hahahha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file