Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Movies

VIVA Films: GIRLFRIEND FOR HIRE (Andre Paras & Yassi Pressman)

kyupaybkyupayb PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Girlfriend for Hire
Friday, 24 April 2015 17:49 administrator E-mail Print PDF

11160496_10203583163691807_1219317261_n.jpg

Another movie from Viva Films is now on the works. Andre Paras and Yassi Pressman will star in the film adaptation of the Wattpad novel, Girlfriend for Hire. They will be joined by Katarina Rodriguez, Jasmine Hollingworth and social media sweetheart, Donnalyn Bartolome.

In the story con, the movie’s screenplay writer, Director Joey Reyes revealed that this will only be the second time that he has written a script for another director. “I’ll be doing this because Vanessa here has been my editor for the longest time and I promised her years ago if she ever directs her first film I must write her screenplay,” he said.

This movie will be Vannessa de Leon’s debut movie as a director. She said that she is honoured and delighted to be given the chance by VIVA to direct a movie.

In the film, Yassi will be playing Nami, a tough but kindhearted girl who is a scholar at Stanford University. Through an unfortunate incident including a slice of strawberry cake, she meets Brylle (Andre), who is actually the grandson of the owner of the school. Brylle asks Nami to be his fake girlfriend in order to decieve his grandfather who keeps on setting him up with girls since his ex-girlfriend Ellie (Katarina) broke up with him. The pair can’t stand each other and argue constantly, but Nami agrees to the contract because she needs him to keep her scholarship in the school.

This article is brought to you by Viva Entertainment. For Pinoy entertainment news and Pinoy showbiz balita,
visit Viva Entertainment's official website www.viva.com.ph

Comments

• nabasa ko to medyo may pagkakapareho sa diary ng panget ang story dahil super fan ng dnp ang writer nito-- pero mas maganda pagka comedy nito.
  • micamyxmicamyx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nagstart na ba sila ng shooting? i like yassi and andre together
  • crystalblastcrystalblast PEx Rookie ⭐
    SO...CHISMIS ITOH!?
    Ni Ruel Mendoza
    (Pang-Masa)
    July 19, 2015

Andre ini-enjoy sina Barbie at Yassi

Nag-request si Andre Paras sa fans nila ni Barbie Forteza na suportahan nila ang kanyang movie na Girlfriend For Hire kung saan katambal nito si Yassi Pressman. Produced ito ng Viva Films.

Marami na ngang fans sina Andre at Barbie o kung tawagin ay AnBie dahil sa top-rating teleserye na The Half Sisters ng GMA 7.

Wish ng panganay ni Benjie Paras na walang magselos na AnBie fans dahil sa pakikipagtambal niya kay Yassi sa pelikula.

“Yassi naman was my first big screen partner in my first movie, Diary Ng Panget. Meron na rin kaming mga fans called Yandre, who wants to see us together again.

“Sana naman walang magalit or magselos na fans namin ni Barbie because trabaho naman ito.

“At saka both Barbie and Yassi are friends because they’ve worked together in the show Tween Hearts. In fact, mas matagal pa ngang kilala ni Yassi si Barbie kesa sa akin.

“I just want to please both the AnBie fans and the Yandre fans.

“Masaya nga because I just don’t have a Barbie, I also have a Yassi!” tawa pa ni Andre sa kanyang naganap na fans days kamakailan.

Kababalik lang ni Andre from Japan kung saan nag-tape sila nina Barbie at Thea Tolentino ng ilang episodes.

Nag-enjoy nga si Andre sa kanyang work and vacation. At mas nag-bond pa raw sila ng cast and crew ng show.
    RATED A
    Ni Aster Amoyo
    (Pilipino Star Ngayon)
    July 19, 2015

Yassi at Andre ipu-push sa GF for Hire

Kung ang Viva Films ang unang sumugal sa tambalan nina James at Nadine sa pamamagitan ng Diary ng Panget na sinundan ng Talk Back and You’re Dead at ang Para Sa Mga Hopeless Romantic, Viva rin ang susugal sa bago nilang bini-build-up na loveteam nina Yassi Pressman at Andre Paras na contract stars din ng VAA sa pamamagitan ng pelikulang GF for Hire. Kasama rin ang dalawa sa pelikulang Wangfam na co-production ng Star Cinema at Viva Films kung saan tampok din sina Pokwang, Benjie Paras at ang bagong child wonder na si Alonzo Muhlach at iba pa na pinamamahalaan ng box office director na si Wenn Deramas.

Yassi pumayag magpa-hire?
    TAKE IT TAKE IT
    Ni Lolit Solis
    (Pilipino Star Ngayon)
    July 26, 2015

Excited na ang fans nina Andre Paras at Yassi Pressman na mapanood ang kanilang pelikula na ipalalabas sa mga sinehan sa susunod na buwan, ang Girlfriend for Hire.

Hindi nagdalawang-isip ang Viva Films na bigyan ng launching movie ang loveteam nina Andre at Yassi dahil sa mga request na natatanggap nila mula sa Yandre fans.

Ang Girlfriend for Hire ang katuparan ng wish ng mga tagahanga nina Andre at Yassi. Nabuo ang loveteam ng Yandre nang mapanood sila sa Diary Ng Panget na nagpasikat sa loveteam nina James Reid at Nadine Lustre.

Halos araw-araw ang shooting nina Andre at Yassi para sa kanilang launching movie dahil may playdate na ang movie adaptation ng sikat na Wattpad novel.
    Yassi Pressman the cyber chick
    By: Marinel R. Cruz
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    July 27th, 2015

Actress and video jock Yassi Pressman, who has over 800,000 followers on the mobile photo-sharing website Instagram, said she has a unique way of dealing with bashers.

“I don’t get angry with them. I interact with them by replying in a funny kind of way. I make jokes out of the issues they hurl at me. I’m lucky I don’t have a lot of bashers. I honestly think that if people don’t like you, they won’t follow you. They will not waste time to comment on your page, too,” said Yassi, who is also followed by some 700,000 subscribers on the micro-blogging site Twitter.

“When I started using Instagram three years ago, it was just a hobby for me. It’s only recently that people started to become more creative with their posts,” she related. “Other artists I know take extra care of their feeds—they take time to edit and make sure the colors are good.”

Daily update

Yassi said she uses social media to update her supporters of her daily activities.

“I try to post whatever I’m doing, wherever I am—this is not just about work. I upload personal things, too, so my account won’t end up as a promotional platform. I want it to be a way for me to connect with my supporters on a personal level.”

The actress said she is very mindful of her posts online. “One should be cautious, especially if you want to be a role model for the youth.”

YASSIPRESSMAN1-600x956.jpg
    YASSI Pressman takes social media seriously. ARNOLD ALMACEN

Endorser

Yassi’s large following on social media was one reason she was tapped to endorse HOOQ, a regional video-on-demand subscription service, according to the brand’s chief operating officer Peter Bithos.

“HOOQ makes movie-watching very convenient. We’re all moving into that digital phase. Everything can be viewed on our cell phones.” Yassi’s movie, “Diary ng Panget,” is currently the No. 1 most-viewed local movie on HOOQ.

Yassi was born in Hong Kong to a British father and Filipino mother. She started doing TV commercials at age 6.

She is currently a VJ for MTV and a semi-regular talent of the noontime show “Eat Bulaga.” She is also part of the recent TV5 series “Wattpad Presents: My Fiancé Since Birth.”

Launching film

Her self-titled debut album, under Viva Records, was released this month. Yassi is also busy doing two films—the Wenn V. Deramas horror-comedy “Wang Fam,” starring Pokwang; and the film adaptation of the Wattpad novel “Girlfriend for Hire,” opposite Andre Paras.

“It’s our launching movie, which will open in September,” said Yassi. “It’s from one of the most viewed novels on Wattpad. It’s about Nami, an orphaned girl who meets this jerk of a guy, the only heir of a wealthy family. He hires her to be his girlfriend in order to continue the family name,” she related.

Yassi said her character proved challenging because Nami was very different from her. “She’s edgy and not girly at all. I had to focus on the nuances because I want Nami to be very different from the other girls I’ve played before.”

Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/175094/yassi-pressman-the-cyber-chick#ixzz3hFpdC8uQ
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
  • meanmyeinmeanmyein PEx Rookie ⭐
    Girlfriend For Hire Kilig Video
    Andre Paras happy about new loveteam with Yassi Pressman
    by Jojo Gabinete
    posted on August 16, 2015

Pagkatapos i-launch ang successful loveteam nina James Reid at Nadine Lustre o JaDine, ang “Yandre” loveteam naman nina Yassi Pressman at Andre Paras ang ilulunsad ng Viva Films sa movie project na Girlfriend for Hire.

“Weird and funny” ang description ni Andre sa Yandre loveteam na dapat suportahan ng fans dahil, ayon sa kanya, “We do it for the smiles and laughter of our fans and we love entertaining.”

Dagdag niya, “Yassi is easy to get along with and she is effortlessly beautiful and I’m easy to get along with and I’m really fun to be with.”

THANKFUL TO VIVA FILMS. Tuwang-tuwa si Andre nang malaman nitong ang Girlfriend for Hire, na isang popular Wattpad novel, ang magiging launching movie ng loveteam nila ni Yassi.

Dahil dito, malaki ang kanilang pasasalamat sa Viva Films.

“We are very thankful because we love to make people happy and we love to make fans know that we support them back.

“They should watch Girlfriend for Hire because it’s a different kind of story, but of course super-kilig,” pagmamalaki ng nakatatandang kapatid ni Kobe Paras.

Para kay Andre, ang makasama at makatrabaho niya noon sa Diary ng Panget sina James, Nadine, at Yassi ang isa sa kanyang memorable experiences sa showbiz.

PASSIONATE ABOUT ACTING. Tulad ng pagmamahal sa sarili, sinabi ni Andre na ganoon din ang kanyang pagmamahal at pagpapahalaga sa acting profession niya.

Pag-amin niya, “I love it like it’s my life and I treasure it.

"I sacrificed my family time and bonding with friends, in favor of my showbiz career.

“I don’t get to see my family often but I’m able to make them proud.

“Five years from now, I’ll be 25 years old and I’ll be working on my craft.

"I want to put up a business and help out people."

Read more at http://www.pep.ph/news/55929/andre-paras-happy-about-new-loveteam-with-yassi-pressman#btaosWZOZC2lah8V.99
    Malaya
    By ETHEL RAMOS
    August 21, 2015

​After Nadine Lustre, it is now the time of another Viva artist, Yassi Pressman, to shine.

​The film company headed by Boss Vic del Rosario is determined to make Yassi as big a star as Nadine.

​Nadine was first paired with James in “Diary ng Panget,” followed by “Talk Back and You’re Dead,” and then “Para sa Hopeless Romantic,” Yassi, meanwhile, will be with Andrei Paras in “Girlfriend for Hire.”

​A Wattapad novel written by Yamyam 28, “Girlfriend for Hire” is a rom-com under award-winning scriptwriter and director Jose Javier Reyes.

​It will mark the directorial debut of Vanessa de Leon, formerly movie editor at Star Cinema. Yassi, like Nadine, will also be launched as a singer by Viva Records.
  • meanmyeinmeanmyein PEx Rookie ⭐
    The song used sa kilig teaser. :)Dahil Sa'Yo by Yassi Pressman feat. Andre Paras.

I hope they'll have an OST too, katulad sa DNP. Soooo excited for this. :D
    posted by steelbardancer

Andre-Yassi, dapat samantalahin ng GMA
    August 25, 2015
    Written by Aster Amoyo

cdfba9618635d24c0273d29f26ce08e1_L.jpg

GMA should take advantage sa bagong nilulutong loveteam ngayon ng Viva Films, ang team-up nina Andre Paras at Yassi Pressman na parehong contract artists ng Kapuso Network.

Pagkatapos sumugal ng Viva Films sa tambalan nina James Reid at Nadine Lustre sa pamamagitan ng kanilang launching movie na “Diary ng Panget” na sinundan ng “Talk Back and You’re Dead” at “Para sa Hopeless Romantic,” hindi nagpabaya ang ABS-CBN na kontratahin ang dalawa at agad sila binigyan ng sarili nilang TV series, ang “On The Wings of Love,” isa sa mga top-rating primetime programs ng Kapamilya Network ngayon.

May TV contract si Andre sa GMA pero hindi nakakontrata sa kanila si Yassi na wala ring kontrata sa ABS-CBN.

Kung magiging mabilis ang pagkilos ng mga taga-GMA, dapat nilang i-sign up si Yassi at sakyan ang nilulutong loveteam ng Viva Films na puwedeng ipantapat sa maiinit na loveteam ngayon ng Kapamilya Network tulad ng tambalan nina Kathryn Bernardo at Daniel Padilla, Enrique Gil at Liza Soberano at ngayon ang tambalan nina James Reid at Nadine Lustre.

Kung tutuusin, maraming young talents ang GMA na worth bigyan ng malalaking break.

Ang tambalang Andre at Yassi ay ilu-launch ng Viva Films sa pamamagitan ng kanyang debut movie as a loveteam, ang “Girlfriend for Hire” na malapit nang mapanood.
  • Upbeat news, for a change
    By: Nestor U. Torre
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    September 5th, 2015

THE SHOW biz scene has been markedly downbeat of late, so let’s welcome with extra enthusiasm the relatively bright rays of optimism that have managed to shine through: First, it’s good to hear that the promising male comer, Andre Paras, is getting another leading lady aside from Barbie Forteza.

In the new Viva film, “Girlfriend for Hire,” Andre is being paired for a welcome change with the “sweet but sexy” Yassi Pressman, who suits him much better than Barbie.

We have nothing personal against Ms. Forteza, but she’s much shorter than the really tall Andre, so they look “ungainly” together. We also don’t like her tendency to apply too much make-up on her still young face, making her look too “mature” for her tender years.

For his part, Andre is a lively and natural performer, so he’s better suited to Yassi’s similarly breezy performance style—and they look better together.

Will the “adjustment” in love team partners be for keeps? The fans will have to weigh in on that score after they watch Andre and Yassi’s rom-com outing.

Benefits

In our view, however, while we appreciate the benefits of “love-teamship,” Andre would do better being paired with different female comers, because it would be less limiting.

If he does end up with a new regular screen partner, they should be better suited to each other in terms of looks, age, temperament—and height!

Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/177917/upbeat-news-for-a-change#ixzz3kwCamVbQ
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
  • erzo01erzo01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    May nabasa pala ako na nag-take over na raw si Andoy Ranay as director ng project na 'to.
  • Waley si Andrei, parang walang chemistry. Ganda panaman ni Yassy
    Squad goals: 8 celebrity barkadas
    ABS-CBN NEWS, 12/30/15 2:59 PM

MANILA – They’re fun, they’re flawless, they’re fabulous and they always have each other’s back.

Here are eight celebrity barkadas that define squad goals.

celeb-barkadas1.jpg

1. Cinegang

Members: Nadine Lustre, James Reid, Yassi Pressman, Andre Paras

Photo from Nadine Lustre’s Instagram page (@nadzlustre)
  • KarlieJennerKarlieJenner PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐