Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

[CBS] Code Black

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

In the new medical drama Code Black, Angels Memorial Hospital is the busiest ER in the nation. A "code black" occurs when there are more patients than resources, and you’re either praying for a miracle or performing one. This Fall on CBS.

Comments

• sweetyCsweetyC PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Looking forward to this! I love Marcia Gay Harden :*)
  • boytoy143boytoy143 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Andito pala si Raza Jaffrey :love:
    Up up up!

Anybody watched the Pilot? Medyo nakulangan pa ako, but Marcia definitely pulled off the ER doctor na medyo may pusong bato. You can feel the pressure!

Looking forward sa next episodes :bounce:
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    So thoughts so far on Code Black after 13 episodes:
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]-Bonnie Somerville looks and sounds like Eliza Taylor when the latter does her North American accent.
    -I like Mama and Daddy!
    -Why are they peeping bobbleheads observing the residents and attendings while in resus/OR?
    -TAINA!
    -As muc as I'm very affected by the cases, I thought it would be nice to see actual disasters being seen onscreen like the two-parter car collision cases in Episodes 1x11-12.
    -Shiri Appleby!
    -Why have Sara Paxton guest star in an episode of Code Black without sharing scenes with Ben Hollingsworth, devoiding us of a The Beautiful Life reunion? The show dropped the ball on that one.
    -Awww...Angus!
    -Lianne is scarred. But I didn't know how deep that scar is.
    -There should be an upstairs spin-off ala Casualty and Holby City.
    -While I like the cast so far, I don't feel upset knowing Christa and Neal won't be around for next season. Sad yes but not a dealbreaker for me. What matters is Marcia Gay Harden is staying put.
    -Is Malaya supposed to be Filipino-American or South Asian with a European name (as it is common in certain parts of South Asia) or both?[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

:)
  • Thought after watching episode 18, the season finale, that the show's cancelled na due to less than stellar ratings, hindi pa pala. Anyway, I like Mama and Daddy too, and I also like the sort of fast-paced nature and timeline of the show, except when it comes to dealing with some really heavy, serious, and sensitive themes.

Lol, wala na sina Christa and Neal next season? I wonder why haha, and how they'll explain that on the show. But I'm not gonna lose sleep over that either, as I wasn't really that interested before pa sa relationship drama nila. :lol: I thought Asian American (Indian American to be more precise) si Malaya, even though her name seems Filipino, only because she looks more that way due to the actress who got the role, but that's just me.
    So finally finished watching the rest of the season, episodes 14 to 18, and here are my thoughts:
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    -Bakit pinatay ni Jesse Bradorfd si Taina? WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! He's a rom-com heartthrob siya kaya hindi niya puwede gawin iyon.
    -Poor Angus. He's actually quite scary-looking when he dreamed about himself being sinister towards Malaya's stalker before letting him die.
    -Heather is cray-cray and I honestly did not expect the show going Grey's with the direction they are taking with her.
    -Now I know where Jeff Hephner got his medical training post-CF before he applied to be a resident in Chicago Med. :laugh:
    -Can Mike be a regular?
    -Crazy ng case about the wife wanting to be cryogenically frozen for 50 years.
    -Ang cute ng zombie wedding.
    -Will came into the show a tad too strong c0cky but glad to see his softer side surfacing after a few episodes. I hope he can take down Heather.
    -And yeah, the original clinical lead is back (even though he's still suspended)!
    -While I'm gonna be a little sad that Christa and Neal's storylines regarding this love triangle with Meagan Goode will likely be left unresolved with them leaving, I will reiterate that the resident and attending are hardly the heart and soul of this show for fans to be up in arms about. If this is Grey's Anatomy, maybe things will turn out different but it's not. The heart and soul o these show is Mama Jesse and Daddy Lianne.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Nalungkot ako sobra na tinanggal nila si Raza, for Bonnie di masyado. Yung last few eps di na nakakatuwa ang drama ni Christa. I'm rooting for Leanne and Neal (don't judge me! :hiya:) pero mukhang di na mangyayari. :shedtears:

Anyways, I'm excited how Rob Lowe and his character will blend sa natirang cast (plus the others na dinagdag nila). *okay*
    So apparently, Code Black and Chicago Med both aired episodes within the same week last week that both featured the same actress playing a transgender character with prostate problems on both installments.

Weird timing. :laugh:
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    J5 buti binuhay mo ang thread.
    Nakalimutan ko na kasi ang Season 1.
    Complete files kaya ako nito pero di ko pa nasisimulan :lol:

Now watching the Pilot.

Medyo ngarag lahat
    So naguguluhan ako sa mga kaganapan.

Pero I love the drama sa mga patients esp with this girl Ariel. Nakakadala. Naiyak ako.

Annoying for me si Mama.
    Sinadya ba nila na ganito siya?

Ang fierce ni Marcia. Bagay sa kanya

Nalokah ako sa name na Malaya Pineda.
    Akala ko Pinay? :lol:

Ang guapo ni Dr. Mario.
    Dyusko andaming case sa isang episode???

Windang na ako.

Ganito pala ang Code Black :eek:
    DAKIN wrote: »
    J5 buti binuhay mo ang thread.
    Nakalimutan ko na kasi ang Season 1.
    Complete files kaya ako nito pero di ko pa nasisimulan :lol:

Now watching the Pilot.

Medyo ngarag lahat
    So naguguluhan ako sa mga kaganapan.

Pero I love the drama sa mga patients esp with this girl Ariel. Nakakadala. Naiyak ako.

Annoying for me si Mama.
    Sinadya ba nila na ganito siya?

Ang fierce ni Marcia. Bagay sa kanya

Nalokah ako sa name na Malaya Pineda.
    Akala ko Pinay? :lol:

Ang guapo ni Dr. Mario.

Ayaw mo kay Mama Bear? :laugh:

Indian si Malaya. May mga Indians/Sri Lankans kasi na may European surnames (Jacqueline Fernandez, Ileana D'Cruz, Kalki Koechlin).
    Di ko feel si Mama.
    Mukha siyang kriminal. :bop:

Sana ibang actor na lang.
    Well, sana maging charming siya sa mga susunod mga episodes.

Masyado kasing Malaya ang name.
    Ha ha
    DAKIN wrote: »
    Di ko feel si Mama.
    Mukha siyang kriminal. :bop:

Sana ibang actor na lang.
    Well, sana maging charming siya sa mga susunod mga episodes.

Masyado kasing Malaya ang name.
    Ha ha

Sunugin mo na ang buong season. Mamahalin mo rin si Mama. Mapapasigaw ka, mapapaiyak, at mapapakindat ka sa saya.

Huggable din si Angus kung ayaw mo kay Mama Bear. :laugh:
    Di ba talaga marunong mag come up ng pair ang mga writers ng show na to? Obvious na may chemistry si Rob at Marcia, pero kinailangan nila magpasok ng another blonde (the psychiatrist) at mukhang ipa-pares nila si Leanne kay Campbell. Juice colored :bah:
    ^Apparently, taken na si pyschiatrist kaya may pag-asa na sina Willis at Papa.

---

And oh crap...That Halloween episode. :(
    j5bata wrote: »
    ^Apparently, taken na si pyschiatrist kaya may pag-asa na sina Willis at Papa.
    Yep, pero may longing gaze pa si psychiatrist kay Ethan even after dumating yung jowa sa hospital. Sana di na ulit sya magparamdam sa future episodes. :p Pero yes, sana nga may pag-asa talaga si Ethan at Leanne. Bagay sila. :D

Another thing: Mas marami pang backstory na nailahad tungkol kay Ethan habang iilan pa lang episodes ang nai-ere nila kumpara kay Leanne. Vague pa rin kung ano talaga nangyari sa aksidente ng family nya. Kaloka. :rolleyes: