PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at pex-info@pinoyexchange.com. Thank you!

[TEN] MasterChef Australia

DAKINDAKIN IMTV Cockatoo ✭✭✭
MC2015_M01_900x506.jpg

With the culinary bar set high in 2014, the heat will be on when MasterChef Australia returns for 2015. A fresh group of home cooks will eagerly tackle challenges that will see one of them take home the title of Australia’s next MasterChef.

After once again seeking out the most passionate and talented amateur cooks from around the country, Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Matt Preston host the judges’ auditions to unearth the Top 24 to join them in the MasterChef Australia kitchen.

From different backgrounds, and with different experience, skills and cultural influences, there is one thing that unites the group – their passion for food. All 24 contestants have stepped away from life as they know it and are walking a new path towards a future in food.

Leading lights of the industry including Heston Blumenthal, Massimo Bottura, Sat Bains, Maggie Beer, Marco Pierre White, Curtis Stone and Marcus Wareing will join in to ramp up the competition.

Some favourite contestants from MasterChef Australia past will return – including Poh Ling Yeow, Justine Schofield, Callum Hann, Kylie Millar, Andy Allen, Ben Milburne and Hayden Quinn – along with hot local chefs such as Sydney’s Anna Polyviou, Melbourne’s Josh Pelham, South Australia’s Duncan Welgemoed and Queensland’s Nick Holloway.

The competition could not be tighter or the stakes any higher. Along with the title of Australia’s MasterChef, the winner’s prize will include $250,000, work experience in some of Australia’s best kitchens and an Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

All contestants will join the ranks of MasterChef Australia alumni, more than 70% of whom now work in the food industry.

As working chefs, Gary and George will encourage and challenge the contestants to push the boundaries further and extend their skills beyond that of simple home cooks.

A renowned food writer, Matt will share his immeasurable food knowledge and urge the contestants to surprise and delight the judges.

This season also sees long-time friend of MasterChef Australia, Vue de monde’s Shannon Bennett, become a regular. Taking on the role of guest mentor, Shannon will guide the amateur cooks through immunity challenges, coaching them toward success.

MC7_Ep_02_Day_02_9253.jpg

Fan favourite, the MasterClass, is back with Gary, George and Matt – plus some very special guests – donning their chef whites and aprons to give contestants the day off. Sharing inside knowledge, it might just be what the contestants need to cook themselves out of trouble.

Above all else, MasterChef Australia will be all about ordinary people cooking extraordinary food.

Comments

• DAKINDAKIN IMTV Cockatoo ✭✭✭
    You can visit their OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL for the latest episodes.
    FREE STREAMING.
    So meron din pala silang montaged at full auditions complete with sob story.

So far I love the editing.
    I don't know the judges pero they seem likable.

hanep yung mga dishes na-serve so far.
    kakaiba*okay*

I love the plating of that Chinese hunk.
    may Pinoy nga si John..at may Aussie accent pa talaga.
    natawa naman ako doon sa guy na natalsikan ng mga chili powders sa mga mata niya.
    Done with Ep.1

Ang ganda ng pagka-pimp spot doon sa gumawa ng taco.
    Agaw eksena yung 3 squares niya with checks from the judges.
    Now watching Episode 2.
    2nd chance sa mga home cooks.

Flight attendant pala si kabayan John.
    First time ko makakita ng ganung klaseng chicken adobo. Sosyal ang presentation na may latik.

Wow the judges loved it.
    Nakakairita yung hyper attitude ng Thai cook. OA lang.

Shocks ang guapo naman ni James.
    Siya nga lang ang eye candy eh dapat patagalin nila ito.
    Pimp spot pa talaga yung pagtawag kay John as the last chef.

Andaming airtime nitong si Lebanese Rose.
    Obvious na masyado.
    as expected sa kanya talaga ang episode na ito.
    sob story and everything.
    sa kanya na. the glory of the last apron.

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler] MC7_Ep_02_day_01_7668.jpg
    [/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    who's the 4th guest judge this season?
  • cefalexincefalexin -=tell me who am i?!-= PExer
    Thanks for making this thread!

Tonight's episode lasted for 2.5hrs. Wow! But it was worth-watching because John is the main character in this episode! :)

Day1, First challenge (mystery boxes are back) John wowed the judges. He redeemed himself by making the ice cream (olive oil and feta, balanced flavour) and this time it worked. Judges loved how he presented it!

He was one of the Top 3! Well done! He's the team captain of the White Team. The judges thought they were the most organised team and his team won. Great feedbacks from the judges as well as from Massimo Bottura, the guest celebrity chef.

I like John's attitude, he's well grounded and a good leader. Hope he stays like that.
  • geemartsgeemarts Martin Nievera PExer
    John Carasig is really a good cook and a good team leader! I love him. He's a Qantas Flight attendant and a gay man. Goodjob John!

Early bets is John Carasig, Dentist Matt Hopcraft and Sara Oteri!

team Vic
    john and his partner

image.jpg
    May sepanx pa ako sa My Kitchen Rules. Buti pinasok agad ang MC!

Mga gawa ni John. Filipino classic dish na ginawang sosyal.

Bopis
    image.jpg

Brazo de Mercedes
    image.jpg
    DAKIN wrote: »
    So meron din pala silang montaged at full auditions complete with sob story.

So far I love the editing.
    I don't know the judges pero they seem likable.

hanep yung mga dishes na-serve so far.
    kakaiba*okay*

I love the plating of that Chinese hunk.
    may Pinoy nga si John..at may Aussie accent pa talaga.

Magaling ang judges. Pinaka gusto ko sa tatlo is Gary Mehigan, yung mataba na maliit. I mer him one time here in Melbourne. Ang bait. Si George naman I was able to dine in his Gazi Greek Restaurant. Kinda expensive resto but worth it. Si Matt di ko masyado kilala.
    Ang bait ng dentist. I tried adding him on facebook. Inaacept naman. Hahaha! Feeling close lang teh? Lol
    John Carasig

Victoria

Born in the Philippines, for John Carasig food is all about connecting with his culture and adapting it with the best Australian produce.

Having moved to Melbourne when he was 10 years old, John is the eldest brother to two sisters. With busy, working parents, John needed to look after his sisters and started helping to prepare family meals from the age of six.

A recent convert to recipe books, John says that his cooking is largely based on intuition and he loves to experiment in the kitchen. Heavily influenced by his Filipino heritage, he is aiming for an East-meets-West approach to the competition.

After studying architecture and then industrial design, John has worked as a homewares designer and, most recently, as a Qantas flight attendant before realising that his real passion lies in food.

Encouraged by his family and partner to enter the competition, John says that the most important thing in life is to be happy.

Naming his mum, Adriano Zumbo, Kylie Kwong, Maggie Beer, Heston Blumenthal and Nigella Lawson as his food heroes, John is inspired to take his dream and turn it into reality.

In the future, John sees himself running a caf? with everything from plates to furniture designed by him, along with the menu of course.

?I really want to put Filipino cuisine on the map, to bring it to the world and put my name on my dishes.?
    Buhbye Marcus Cher! His famous golden egg :rotfl:

1 doen from team Victoria. :lol:
    Geemart since taga-Aus kayo hindi ko muna babasahin mga posts nyo baka ma-spoil ako ha ha

Seriously, now watching Episode 3.
    Wow may intro na.
    Sa wakas kilala ko na sila ha ha
    Kilala ko lang kasi sina John, James and Reynold.

Kanta talaga ni Katy Perry ang intro?
    Cool.
    Wow nakapasok si Jessie.
    Buti honest si Mario.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file