FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Kulang Na Sa Teams Ang Pba

spongklongspongklong chuBBy PExer
with a record-breaking number of PBA hopefuls and a bunch of free-agents, it looks like the PBA is slowly turning into like a can of sardines.. too many talents (some are already wasted though) for a league with only 10 teams... i hope they could bring the number up next year.. 12-14 perhaps and make it a 2 conference season so there could be a break in the middle of the season. this would fall on july or early august and this is the time wherein international competitions like the jones cup and the ABC are held. by then, we could send a pba selection for those meets.

what do you think?

Comments

• jon322jon322 Member PExer

originally posted by spongklong

with a record-breaking number of PBA hopefuls and a bunch of free-agents, it looks like the PBA is slowly turning into like a can of sardines.. too many talents (some are already wasted though) for a league with only 10 teams... i hope they could bring the number up next year.. 12-14 perhaps and make it a 2 conference season so there could be a break in the middle of the season. this would fall on july or early august and this is the time wherein international competitions like the jones cup and the ABC are held. by then, we could send a pba selection for those meets.

what do you think?

i agree

pero pagdalawang conference lang eh di wala nang grandslam
  • tiffactiffac Manners Maketh Man PExer
    I agree PBA needs more teams... merger maybe?

I mean look this is a cool idea if the PBA has more than 10 teams then they would have to play on a daily basis (well almost) and they could play more outside Manila which means a good thing for the economy. More teams means more competition and will boost our local play surely. The challenge I'am sure our players will take thier games to the next level?

So what if we have 2 cons a year when it means more games and more venues. It only means they need to win 2 straight year to get a Grand Slam in my point this should even be better I mean competition! Yeah! a REAL Champion for once!!! good idea... very good...

:cool:
  • spongklongspongklong chuBBy PExer
    first conference would be the all-filipino and the second conference is with an import.. come to think of it, why does the pba have to have 2 import laden conference? we are not promoti9ng the talent of the imports..we are in for the locals. ofcourse i agree with a better competition if there are imports but why two conferences? one with a 6-8 height and anothre with a 6-4 heaight.. that i admit i do not really get it.. what's its purpose? two conferences will do good for the pba and for those players who deserve to be playing in the pba.. dumadami na rin naman na nag magagaling and matatangkad na players di ba?
  • I agree wholeheartedly. The league should add at least 2 more teams. There are so many talents around with not enough teams to fit them into. I think this adjustment would not be detrimental to the balance of the league.

The time to add new teams is NOW!
  • Why can't there be a merger???

I certainly hope that there are more teams. It would result to better competition. Bakit hindi maghatak ng mga sponsors si Jun Bernardino??? I heard that Andoks will be joining the PBL. Why not the PBA??? :hmm: Sayang ang Welcoat. If only they didn't back out............... DAMN!!!

I want MORE TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't we have a petition???
    Or does anyone know the e-mail address of the PBA??? I'll certainly mail them!!
  • SiCkBoY^SiCkBoY^ The Enemy Within PExer
    nde mangyayari yan. mukhang pera masyado ang PBA eh. ang dami-daming gustong pumasok sa league pero ayaw nilang pumayag, pano gusto nila kanila lang pera. liliit ang share ng bawat member kung madadagdagan ang membership. lalo na ngayon na SMC dominated ang Board.
  • Originally posted by SiCkBoY^
    nde mangyayari yan. mukhang pera masyado ang PBA eh. ang dami-daming gustong pumasok sa league pero ayaw nilang pumayag, pano gusto nila kanila lang pera. liliit ang share ng bawat member kung madadagdagan ang membership. lalo na ngayon na SMC dominated ang Board.

I don't think ang pagiging "mukhang pera" ang reason kaya ayaw nilang magdagdag ng bagong team. Kung mukhang pera sila, mas maraming teams pa nga ang idadagdag nila. Consider this, ang franchise fee ng Tanduay nuong sumali sila is at PHP65M. Ang balita ko, mas-mataas pa dito ang babayaran ng Welcoat kung tinanggap sila sa PBA (in the vicinity of PHP100M, if I'm not mistaken). If they took in 2 new franchises, automatic PHP200M na iyon for the PBA.

Sa tingin ko, masyadong conservative lang si Jun Bernardino. At this point in time, negative ang effect ng conservatism niya sa PBA.
  • pejapeja Member PExer
    i agree w/ most of you. two long conferences or "cups" with the break used by teams to barnstorm whatever international competitions are on the line (this is around july to sept).

merger is the answer. if some franchises can't afford individually, i suggest several small ones merge to meet the budget needed to pay the franchise fee. maybe the pba can let them advertise two products on their jerseys at the same time as in european teams.

also, the mba and the pbl should merge w/ the pba as did the aba w/ the nba. the school leagues should also merge to form one super-college league. that leaves us w/ only two leagues year-round. no more in-between leagues. mas maganda di ba?

ideally i think 16 pro teams can be formed w/o sacrificing the talent-level. di naman pwedeng puro superstar ang isang team. role players are very important also.
  • spongklongspongklong chuBBy PExer
    fearless forecast: by year 2020, the PBA will be like the NBA with around 20 teams to brag... by that time, there would be so many good and deserving players and it would really be a ridicule to put them on a league with only 10 teams. and by that time, we already have players with towering heights. as of today if the trend continues, young players and even those who are not yet born are tall enough to compete with the height of the NBA players. i'm not saying though that the quality of our game would exactly match the NBA's.. it's just that the PBA wil have more teams, more talented players and a big pool of good national players.

to those who say merger is the answer, i think it would be impossible today because of JB's conservative look at the league. although it looks good in some other ways but i think more teams would really do good not only for the league but as well as for the country (basketball wise that is). i like peja's comment about merging.. there can be a single team with many investors like in the european and australian league.. nakakatawa nga lang tignan yun jerseys nila kasi mukang pang F-1 ang daming corporate sponsors!:D pero sana lang they would look at this idea so as not to waste talents of our local aspiring cagers since the PBA is now dominated by fil-ams and of course the SMC. if you want to mail the PBA, better try sending mails to some basketball enthusiasts like quinito henson (philstar), beth celis(MB) or even anthony servinio... try sending it to sports mags and columnists and try to hear their views first before we go to the PBA.. malay nyo they will help us hear our side!!!:D

peace to you all guys!!
  • Eugene HikaruEugene Hikaru THE GAME! PExer
    Kailan kaya magkakaroon ng Trust Condom Wearers sa PBA? :glee:
  • tiffactiffac Manners Maketh Man PExer
    @ Eugene

Cannot be trusted ang mga teams dahil wala ng loyalty kaya walang Trust Condom na team. lolz!!! j/k only...
  • HulkHulk Jolly Green Giant PExer
    I doubt if they would expand to number greater than 12. The problem really is the fact that it is a commercial league. The objective of the teams participating is not really revenue but marketing. Unlike the MBA, PBA teams are marketing expenses for the companies that sponsor them, instead of sources of revenue. What the teams are really doing is buying air-time.

Expanding the number of teams would lead to a dilution of the exposure of the companies. I therefore, doubt that the teams themselves would allow an increase in the number of paricipants.
  • trampelinatrampelina Member PExer
    I heard that the reason why welcoat didnt offer to buy the slot of Tanduay is because they couldn't afford the salary of the original players of Tanduay. Sayang talaga ang Welcoat!
  • FortuneFortune Banned by Admin PExer
    12 teams is ideal for 3 conferences
    16 teams for 2 conferences

now WELCOAT will NEVER gain admission to the PBA

the PACMAN owns 4 teams plus portion of DUTCH BOY PHILs

he has the VOTERS

why would he allow a competitor gain MILEAGE

plus his puppy the KUME wont even bother putting it in the BOARD agenda
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    PBA expansion should have been done years ago when the league was down in the dumps (mid 1990's).

Expansion could have been a cheaper and more cost-effective means of reviving the league instead of bringing in all those fake Filipino-foreigners. At least more real Filipinos will be given jobs!

They have made it so hard to enter the PBA now it looks like a very exclusive and snobbish country club for the elite few.

It is only now that they are realizing their mistakes and it's too costly to correct already and although it may still be corrected, the damage has been done.
  • posse08posse08 loyal green archer PExer
    Yup I think we nid more teams sa pba mga atleast 12. Umaapaw na sa talents eh kawawa naman yung mga nde mabibigyan ng opportunity to play for asia's premier basketball league eh marami namang deserving. Hope 2002 will be a good year for philippine basketball.
  • SiCkBoY^SiCkBoY^ The Enemy Within PExer
    Originally posted by extreme16199

I don't think ang pagiging "mukhang pera" ang reason kaya ayaw nilang magdagdag ng bagong team. Kung mukhang pera sila, mas maraming teams pa nga ang idadagdag nila. Consider this, ang franchise fee ng Tanduay nuong sumali sila is at PHP65M. Ang balita ko, mas-mataas pa dito ang babayaran ng Welcoat kung tinanggap sila sa PBA (in the vicinity of PHP100M, if I'm not mistaken). If they took in 2 new franchises, automatic PHP200M na iyon for the PBA.

Sa tingin ko, masyadong conservative lang si Jun Bernardino. At this point in time, negative ang effect ng conservatism niya sa PBA.

nah. ask any PBA insider. the reason why they're not letting in teams is because liliit ang share ng bawat team. syempre kung mas marami kayo, mas marami kayong maghahati-hati, right?

and yung franchise fee na sinasabi mo eh one-time cash inflow lang yun. wala yun. the real money is the ones that are recurring. kung mas maraming members, mas maraming maghahati-hati sa royalties, gate attendace, placement fees, and more importantly, income from advertisements. andun yung totoong pera.
  • thehitmanthehitman The best there is PExer
    Yup, kulang na sa teams. Medyo saturated na ang ilang teams sa talent. Take Ginebra and SMB for example. Pareho na itong makakabuo ng starting five na puro star players. Tapos sa second stringers, meron pa ring isa o dalawang superstar. Tapos sa paparating na draft, dadagsa na naman ang talents. Kahit na maging lemons ang kalahati sa mga superstar rookies na papasok, napakarami pa ring super galing sa isang team.

Kailangan na talaga ng additional teams. Two more would be nice. Although, as I understand it, the current teams won't be amenable to this because it would slash their share of income considerably.

:cool:
  • grimlockgrimlock girl magnet PExer
    super kulang na talaga sa teams. super kawawa naman ung ibang draftees na sumusubok pero talagang wala ng slot na maaari pang makuha.

sana lang talaga for once ay bigyan naman ng halaga ang trabaho na maaaring maibigay sa halip na puro business as usual.

okay kung magdagdag pa ng 2 teams. makikita natin ang tunay na kulay ng board after this year kung magkakaroon nga ng expansion.

:snail:
  • what_d_heckwhat_d_heck Member PExer
    i agree, totally agree

yup men, dagdagan na lang nila ang team sa pba o di kaya pagsamahin na lang nila ang pba at mba diba, para new format ala nba. may kanya kanyang lugar. di parang totoo ang meaning ng pba, philippine basketball association meaning sa buong bansa, baliktad kasi sila ng meaning ng mba pang metro lang, hehehe!.....comment lang!

saka ok yun 2 conference kada taon, dikdikan ang laban.....!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file