Home PEx Hobbies Pets and Animals
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

What did you choose your pet?

gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
i was born in a family who enjoyed pets. we had a variety of pets from birds, chicken, crabs, dogs, fishes, geese, goats, turtle and even a monkey. and yet, we lived in an urban setting.

now, we are satisfied with our cockatiels, dogs and fishes. and, i told my dad that we should just keep medium to small dogs because it is more economical.

so, what made you decide to get a pet?

Comments

• peasantpeasant PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Siguro I'm just a natural animal lover. My parents are not fond of pets and wont allow me to have one until highschool. Siguro kasi I was bitten twice by a dog kaya ayaw nila. I remember myself pleading to my father so I can have a puppy during my teenage years.
  • minabeyminabey PEx Rookie ⭐
    I didn't. Mom's friend's dog had a surprise litter and she thought they were cute and they're "uso" as a lot of people have shih tzu so nanghingi sya, and binigyan naman.

Guess who pays for the vaccines, dog food, grooming, grooming stuff (omg, so much grooming)...tapos 10000x mo sasabihin "Kain ka na. Kain na" every meal time.

If I were to choose, I'd get a pet rock.
  • minabey wrote: »
    I didn't. Mom's friend's dog had a surprise litter and she thought they were cute and they're "uso" as a lot of people have shih tzu so nanghingi sya, and binigyan naman.

Guess who pays for the vaccines, dog food, grooming, grooming stuff (omg, so much grooming)...tapos 10000x mo sasabihin "Kain ka na. Kain na" every meal time.

If I were to choose, I'd get a pet rock.

ha ha ha ha... a pet rock is no maintenance at all. so funny!
  • extraordinaire05extraordinaire05 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ng magka-isip na ako, may pets na talaga kami sa bahay. Pet lover kasi talaga parents ko na namana ko. So, ayun ever since, hindi pwedeng wala akong pet kasi parang kulang ang buhay ko pag wala. :)
  • pit bullpit bull PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mahilig talaga kami sa aso mula bata pa kami may aso na sa bahay. Ok na stress reliever. They won't judge you and always happy to see you kahit mga 5 minutes ka lang lumabas ng bahay, for them parang ang tagal-tagal mo na nawala. 4 na labs ang alaga namin sa bahay.

20262123935_faa6e5ff66_c.jpg
  • pit bull wrote: »
    Mahilig talaga kami sa aso mula bata pa kami may aso na sa bahay. Ok na stress reliever. They won't judge you and always happy to see you kahit mga 5 minutes ka lang lumabas ng bahay, for them parang ang tagal-tagal mo na nawala. 4 na labs ang alaga namin sa bahay.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/560/20262123935_faa6e5ff66_c.jpg

agree ako diyan I have a pet but I left them in the province in Mindanao My babies are both pug Mossimo and shisha we used to go out 4 times a day at pag wala ako yung dad ko ang full time moe nila for the meantime
  • pit bull wrote: »

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/560/20262123935_faa6e5ff66_c.jpg

agree ako diyan I have a pet but I left them in the province in Mindanao My babies are both pug Mossimo and shisha we used to go out 4 times a day at pag wala ako yung dad ko ang full time moe nila for the meantime
  • reasons why i own pet:

they reduce stress, good companionship and entertainment and pets can give you a sense of responsibility....
  • im.an.emo.kidim.an.emo.kid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    When I was a kid, nakakita ako ng pusang pakalat-kalat sa daan at inuwi ko para alagaan. Yung mga pets ko ngayon, lola nila yung napulot at inalagaan ko. She died due to old age.
  • I love animals very much, I couldn’t choose only one pet. I have a cat and a dog now andI love birds very much and in my childhood I had a parrot. I want to adopt a Cockatiel soon. I really like these birds. These are great pets and they don't require difficult care. Now I'm thinking about which "house" to choose for Cockatiel. I found a great source, where there is an overview of different cages for these birds. I want the cage of my pet to be environmentally friendly, safe and easy to clean. I now choose between MCage for Cockatiel and Vision Bird Cage Model L12. Perhaps someone has advice?
  • NalaGidaNalaGida PEx Rookie ⭐
    it was my niece's initially but then I ended up being the one taking care of her pets :) eventually, I grew fond of them and they help calm me down whenever I'm stressed :) 
  • frenzipefrenzipe PEx Rookie ⭐
    I'm currently a parent of a female Syrian hamster (six weeks old) and two male Campbell dwarves (three months old). If you like hamsters please follow on instagram @lady_the_hammy :)