Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Work and Life of a Work-at-home Gal

Hello po

Working-at-home maybe sound a little bit boring for some people. But personally, when I found myself really enjoying the company of my family just being at home then I realized this career is for me. From working in a food service industry for 8 years and surrounded by different people, medyo nanibago talaga ako while learning how work-at-home is being done. But sabi nga nila mas nagiging madali ang lahat if you find a good mentor who will help you in reaching your dreams. And luckily I found what I am searching for by end of 2013. Even when I was working abroad four years ago, I'm really searching na for something where I can just work at home. Pero wala akong nakita or maybe I was busy with my work then kaya wala din sa focus ang paghahanap.

When I found out about working at home I must admit I was 100% skeptical, maybe nasanay for being an employee na siguradong may sahod after work. But then I told myself I need to take risk because this is for a long term decision. Lots of prayers and advice from close people in my life ang naging gabay ko to continue what I started.

Do you also take risk for the things that you wanted in life?

Comments

• balbolskibalbolski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meron bang home massage service dyan?

:naughty3:
  • inviinvi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good for you, TS! *okay*

All I can say is that for risks and unpopular decisions like what you made, you need to take a big gulp of courage and just go for it. Only if you are courageous enough to acknowledge that failure is a possibilty and you are fine with it because you know you can pick yourself back up, then I say: take the plunge!

I have taken a lot of risks myself, in many areas of my life; some turned out well, some turned out not so. Maybe I'm even the type who takes too many risks, because when I look back I've always went with my gut more than anything else. But I tell you this, I never regretted taking any of those risks, even if eventually it led me to nowhere but a dead end. Taking risks solidifies my own identity, it makes me feel that I am my own person and I am accountable for all the decisions I make for myself. Those times I reached a dead end, I didnt stay there and sulk forever, instead I turned around and looked for an alternative. Mistakes are okay so long as you learn from them. Indeed, experience is the best teacher.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]I am a freelancer, so technically, like you I "work at home". I think you will be fine, so long as you have the discipline to focus at your work at a more personal environment.

Reality is that working at home/freelancing is more unstable than having a regular job, in terms of income. My advice for you is that if you have more than 1 skill, take advantage of them for added income. Aside from freelancing, I have a part time job -- where income is more stable. If at this time, you don't have enough skills for another gig, then there is no better time to learn a new skill especially with all the free time you have now. Learning a new skill is a good investment that will benefit you in the long run. [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]I was talking to one of our clients (in my part time gig) and she was asking what else I do for a living, what I did before that, etc. I answered and went on on how I used to be working 9to5 in a corporate setting, and then I got tired of that and quit. She asked me, "Are you happy?" and before I even replied she said "... Because you look happy." And I realized that when you're happy with your decisions, and your life in general, you don't have to convince yourself, let alone other people that you are. It manifests outwardly, and when people pick up on that it erases any doubt you may have had in your mind. [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • Ghost RiderGhost Rider PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm a freelance since 2009, after quitting my job of 5 years because of a very stressful boss :lol:

At first its really hard since you think of stability, I know I'll be having clients but I'm not so sure about the income. My GF (now my wife) convinced me to do freelancing. We are in the same field of work, mas maaga siyang nag-freelance 1 year ahead siguro siya sa akin.

Nung umpisa mahirap since nag-rent ako ng condo na ginawa ko ring office and home ko, medyo kinakapos talaga noon. Pero nung tumagal naka-establish ng connections and reputations sa industry namin so kahit hindi na ako nag-mamarket, kusang tumatatawag na lang ang clients since recommended ako ng regular and old clients ko at ng ibang mga kakilala ko sa DENR.

Now I have a family, masasabi kong mas ok at masaya yung ganito, hawak mo oras mo, mas madalas ako sa house (kung walang fieldworks) so nakakasama ko ng matagal ang family ko and even cook for them.

I love my job, hilig ko talaga kaya hindi ako na-stress and part na talaga ng buhay ko. Stable income since may monthly income din ako mula sa mga clients ko doing environmental auditing and monitoring sa mga companies nila.

Kaya even I have job offers sa abroad (some sa government nila mismo) hindi ko na pinapatos since ok naman income ko dito at ang importante kasama mo ang buo mong pamilya. Aalis lang siguro kami kapag si Kris Aquino na ang presidente :lol:
  • Glad it has worked out really well for you guys. Having more time and enjoying life. :)
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    If part-time means partial income, NO for me for the time being. But if it's a big venture home-based business, that is something for me to think about.
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just curious TS... are you a single mom?
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    ^next question: are you alone and lonely? :naughty:
  • etnabAxeRTetnabAxeRT PEx Rookie ⭐
    adylle05 wrote: »
    Hello po

Working-at-home maybe sound a little bit boring for some people. But personally, when I found myself really enjoying the company of my family just being at home then I realized this career is for me. From working in a food service industry for 8 years and surrounded by different people, medyo nanibago talaga ako while learning how work-at-home is being done. But sabi nga nila mas nagiging madali ang lahat if you find a good mentor who will help you in reaching your dreams. And luckily I found what I am searching for by end of 2013. Even when I was working abroad four years ago, I'm really searching na for something where I can just work at home. Pero wala akong nakita or maybe I was busy with my work then kaya wala din sa focus ang paghahanap.

When I found out about working at home I must admit I was 100% skeptical, maybe nasanay for being an employee na siguradong may sahod after work. But then I told myself I need to take risk because this is for a long term decision. Lots of prayers and advice from close people in my life ang naging gabay ko to continue what I started.

Do you also take risk for the things that you wanted in life?

It's unorthodox way to make a living. There are advantages and disadvantages working at home. It's way different in a corporate setting. If it worked out for you then just continue doing it. Just have a contingency plan just in case.

[#]rudimentary[/#]#home-based

game.set.match

:smokin:
  • JasperbadJasperbad PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    good to hear it worked out well for you.

tell us about what types of work-at-home jobs could people take advantage of nowadays?

para makatulong naman sa mga gustong mag work at home dyan.
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ako din work from home. Actually yung client ko sa previous work which has an office type setting ang nag offer sa akin about working at home and with him directly. Outsource kasi kaya I only need stable internet connection and a pc. BTW, IT ang field of work ko mostly programming.
  • Thank you for your reply :)

Yes, really indeed Experience is the best Teacher!
  • Thanks for your reply :)

That's good to hear po. You're having your Time Freedom to do the things that truly makes you Happy. I really salute you for making your family your number one priority in Life!

Btw, what industry you are in sa online job mo po?

Thank you and God bless!

Happy Easter!
  • Thank you for your reply :)

It's really a great feeling having a Time Freedom esp with your family and the people that matters in your life.
  • Thanks for your reply:)

If you consider putting up an online business, I want to invite you with this amazing upcoming event that can help you put up an online business/career soon more details when you click here http://jhilario.com/datewithfreedom

Hope this will help you po
  • Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's really different in a corporate setting. Eversince, never kong na imagined that I will love working an admin tasks kasi I find it boring and stressful 'coz I worked before sa FnB in a managerial position where in sobra kong na enjoy pero eventually stressful din sya. Then i found out that possible palang mag work at home I can say stressful din sya pero sobrang masaya sa feeling kasi ilang hakbang mo lang sa family mo and nawawala na din ang pagod being with them. Di mo na kailangang mag commute para makapiling agad family mo..ilang steps lang from my home office then I'm with them na...truly a priceless moment!
  • Thanks for your reply.

Sharing with you this amazing event na magsasabi sa iyo na POSIBLE palang ikaw na ang maging BOSS!
    You can choose your client and even fire your client...galing nuh? Click mo na NOW NA!http://jhilario.com/datewithfreedom
  • Thanks for your reply.

Good for you, ang galing naman d ka na nag effort to find clients online :)

Good luck and God bless