FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Are priests qualified to counsel about family and sex matters?

Priests, who never got married and never have kids, how do they counsel people coming to them for family, relationship, and sex topics?

Comments

• marcus_huntmarcus_hunt Member PExer
    How their parents were, what they think is right and what they can cherrypick from the bible.
  • panis_na_putopanis_na_puto Member PExer
    Ang tawag diyan PASTORAL CARE. Depende na iyan kung naniniwala ka sa Diyos o hindi.... :glee:
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. ✭✭✭
    Well Vicki Belo does not need to have pimples to cure your pimples. :hiya:
  • inviinvi Member ✭✭✭
    Well Vicki Belo does not need to have pimples to cure your pimples. :hiya:

Nice analogy :lol:

Ive done this before (when I was still a practicing catholic). Nagkumpisal ako and I had a troubled mind so I seeked counselling on top of confession. The priest was gracious enough to indulge me and give me some enlightenment. I'd say the feeling is just like talking to a wiser and more spiritual person, somebody at peace with the world and show you a benevolent perspective.
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. ✭✭✭
    ^OT: ako hindi na ako nagkukumpisal sa priest. I tell everything na sa husband ko sa kanya na ako nagsasabi ng mga bagay bagay and it has made our relationship stronger. :)
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    On the religious/ moral side. Pwede naman.

I have a friend, her husbands a notorious playboy, pero she converted him by taking him to church and being an active member of their ministries.

On that aspect, yes.

Offt: I confess my sins to the priest and wala pang harang. When I catch a priest kahit sa labas ng confessional box,
    Nangumbida nako.

Maybe Dahil di naman ganun kalala mga sins ko. Pero kahit Malala, have the courage to confess.

Di ako naniniwala sa Direct confession, it's insincere.

Kung nagsisisi ka tLaga, sabihin mo sa pari Kasi dun mo masa sabi na linunok mo hiya mo sa paghingi ng tawad.
  • darmonxdarmonx Member ✭✭✭
    bakit naman si greg poppovich at eric spoelstra.. na nag champion sa nba eh ni isang laro sa nba nung kabataan nila.. wala.. paano sila naging qualified maging nba coach..

si tim cook, CEO ng Apple.. ni kahit kelan, hindi namang gumawa ng ipad o mac yun o nagprogram ng app.. pero bakit sya qualified maging pinuno ng apple?

bakit ang utot.. mabaho kahit mabango naman ang kinain mo.

same analogy ts and who cares.. if people believe you, does it matter?
  • despisePappusdespisePappus A Jounin ✭✭✭
    Sana may priest na pexer din. :lol: Para masagot nila ang tanong na ito.

I believe mayroon silang course about family and sex matters before they even qualify to become a priest.

Isa pa, they also come from a family and they have the idea how it works.
  • NilsNils Hunter ✭✭✭
    Ang tawag diyan PASTORAL CARE. Depende na iyan kung naniniwala ka sa Diyos o hindi.... :glee:

Ay, akala ko ang isasagot ni tatang... 2015 na, marunong silang gumamit ng google... :naughty:
  • istarbaksistarbaks Member ✭✭✭
    Kung sa politics nga nakikialam...
  • marcus_huntmarcus_hunt Member PExer
    Past Oral Care

:rotflmao:
  • AlfaRomeoAlfaRomeo Prince William PExer
    Priests, who never got married and never have kids, how do they counsel people coming to them for family, relationship, and sex topics?

It's just advice like asking a friend for advice. People can do whatever they want to do.
  • kurttrukkurttruk aller te faire foutre ✭✭

because they are preachers? they only need an old book with their favorite scripts..and then that's it..everything is good
  • ExgirlfriendExgirlfriend I am Supah baby! PExer
    why not?

I always give advice to my friends who are all married, yet I am still single.

You don't need to be married to know what's right from wrong.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma ✭✭
    They give a different perspective which a person may or may not find helpful.

Professional shrinks need not experience trauma or abuse to be an effective counselor.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 The sea! The sea! PExer
    no. not due to lack of credentials, but due to bias.
  • matakawmatakaw Doble-Kara PExer
    Qualified naman talaga lahat ng tao mag-counsel pari ka man o hindi. Depende sa tao at sa relihiyon mo kung papaano ka manghihingi ng advice.

Siyempre kung Katoliko ka malamang qualified talaga ang pari.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file