Homeโ€บ PEx Lifestyleโ€บ Body and Fitness

Gym Habits and Routine

Kindly share yours ๐Ÿ˜Š
Like araw araw ba, once a week?
Threadmill first then zumba?

Me, I am just a newbie.
For now every other day since wala pa kong pinagkakabusyhan.
My usual routine is threadmill, then arm workout then abs, then the stair climbing like exercise (sorry di ko alam yung tawag dun) then try other equips. Always last ko yung group exercise like zumba.
I dont know if effective yung ginagawa ko, i dont like to have a pt who will watch me in every move. I just want not to have sedentary lifestyle lang and to lose weight.
I spend almost whole afternoon sa gym since i have no day job.
How about you?

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Press reset
    Pick up heavy things
    Smile
    Put heavy things back down on the ground
    Repeat
  • anima9anima9 PEx Influencer โญโญโญ
    Okay, I'm going to stay with the topic and avoid prodding on your workout routine as I'm almost sure someone here will do that for me.

Anyway, I don't go to the gym. I own my own set of weights so let me just get that out of the way.

=======================

As for "habits", I usually workout after I wake up in the morning. After getting up, I drink 4 glasses of room temperature water, wash my face with soap and water, then change into my "gym" shorts (I workout topless).

I then do some joint mobility work (read: neck and shoulder rotations), 5-10 squats, then maybe 3-5 push ups. This usually takes less than 5 minutes.

After that, I do about 5 minutes of warm up exercises with my weights. In my case, a 24 kg kettlebell. I do 4 swings, 3 snatches, and 2 windmills per arm. This is probably the most constant warm up I've ever done, spanning at least 3 years.

I then proceed with my 20-25 minute kettlebell workout after my warm up. Minimal rest accounted for so I barely take a break.

After I'm done, I rest and drink one glass of water, change to my house clothes, eat breakfast, clean the house, take a bath, have 2 glasses (yes, glasses) of hot coffee (black is best), then start working.

P.S. I'm a freelancer on oDesk right now so I get to earn while at home :) Been doing this for more than a month and I'm happy.
  • Press reset
    Pick up heavy things
    Smile
    Put heavy things back down on the ground
    Repeat

then rerack the weights :rotflmao:
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    If you are lifting a kettlebell, a sandbag or your own bodyweight to name a few, you can't re-rack those