Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden

Trustworthy Architects/Engineers

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable and trustworthy architect/engineer for a house construction? Preferably po sana if meron silang site or anything where we can see their finished projects.

Also, meron ba kayong kilalang mga architects/engineers na di ngrerequire ng downpayment? Kumbaga po eh he will wait for the first release ng check from a housing loan? I have a friend whose architect did that kaso taga province po kasi kaya di ko naman mgawa ihire un same architect na un.

Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• Hi sir,

Architect here. I can show you sample works. Regarding naman sa dp, I dont think na meron na papayag walang dp. Once kasi approved na *** design schemes, need na magdp para maistart *** working drawings.

We can discuss further the details here is my email address. [email protected]
  • I am looking for a trustworthy contractor/architect in Davao City, please help if you can, thank you!
  • Prudence Reyes, & rexoy. Puno na inbox nyo. Kindly pm me. Let's try to solve your problems. Thanks
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ i think the reason why you can't send pm to ts is because the username is new.

and yung hinihingi ng ts is kinda iffy.

the least thing you have to do is pay for the plans.

and contractors will not be willing to start work without so much asking for downpayment to buy materials and hire people with.
  • Hi there, building a new home is one of the best investment a person makes in his life and thus look for professional and licencesd builders. One of my friend built her new small house at very affordable rates from granny flat solutions. I have heard of Mindanao home builders over there.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ i think the reason why you can't send pm to ts is because the username is new.

and yung hinihingi ng ts is kinda iffy.

the least thing you have to do is pay for the plans.

and contractors will not be willing to start work without so much asking for downpayment to buy materials and hire people with.

meron bang code of ethics ang mga professional contractors with regards to the payment of fees and dps before starting a project?

at paki enumerate rin yun mga BONDs na kailangan ibigay ng contractor bago siya mga simula magtrabaho. from what i understand, it is the contractor who gives various bonds to guarantee their performance.

as for architects there is such a thing as consultative fee. it covers the pre-design services. 4-5 schematic plans + perspectives only.
    bonds only applies when they do work for big companies or governments. for privates.. i'm pretty sure they don't do that.

wala talagang code of ethics na sinusundan ang mga engineers, i think. each one demands their own payment method.

the most basic is ofcourse, they ask money to get people and materials and equipments into the site (term escapes me at this moment).. and from there, they ask money every week or so.

plus never believe the quotation from the contractor - especially the labor cost and the time frame.
  • "mobilization cost" thank you. ;)
    yes. that. LoLol.

mobilization.
    so unethical ang mga engineers?:lol:

what im asking about are the professional builders and not about engineers kasi dati sabi ninyo (in one thread) meron governing body which regulates the activities of contractors. meron kayong asosasyon.

so how much downpayment are we taking about here .... 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% or 50%?

so yun mga contractors namin who are building our housing projects are dumb because they are the ones paying us the Bonds just to get projects?

actually dalawa pa nga yun mga contractor ng housing projects namin. one for the superstructure and other is for the finishing because the interior design is bidded as different package.

mobilization is at the very first part of our bid format which includes the payments for the permits and bonds. para saan pa yun bonds kung kukuha ka naman ng down payment.

kung mobilization lang ..... edi send us the bill once you are already set upped on the site and we will inform the client that it is okay to pay for your activities.
  • Typically, the contractor procures the performance bond from the issuing company. Most insurance companies issue this type of bond. The contractor pays premium to the bond company and in the event of default or breach of contract from the contractor's part, it is the bond company who would shoulder the damages.

In this case, we the project owners, are still required to give down payment based on what the contract stipulates.
    "so yun mga contractors namin who are building our housing projects are dumb because they are the ones paying us the Bonds just to get projects?"

you work for a company ba?

dahil if you are the project owner, they're not going to give you any bond.
  • dahil if you are the project owner, they're not going to give you any bond.

In a way, that is correct. The bond is not directly paid to the project owner.

Nonetheless, it is prudent for all project owners to require performance bonds from the contractor. As explained above, the contractor has to buy the bond from insurance companies, who will in turn issue the performance bond on behalf of the contractor.
    about those surety bond...

do those really work?

i mean... the bond is typically 5% of the value to be bonded.

ie...

1,000,000... bond is 50, 000.00.

kung ako yung nag bayad ng bond, i would just let the agreement collapse and have the other party collect the bond.
    please enumerate the BONDs and state how much is your DPs. meron pang retention fee .... how much is it?

nasa batas yun paano gumawa ng kontrata sa pagtayo. ..... ano batas iyon na hindi sinusunood ng so-called asosasyon ng mga "professional" contractors?

it is a national law.

bonds only applies when they do work for big companies or governments. for privates.. i'm pretty sure they don't do that.

wala talagang code of ethics na sinusundan ang mga engineers, i think. each one demands their own payment method.

the most basic is ofcourse, they ask money to get people and materials and equipments into the site (term escapes me at this moment).. and from there, they ask money every week or so.

plus never believe the quotation from the contractor - especially the labor cost and the time frame.

ironic noh????

if you are dealing with the big companies and GOVERNMENT, it is okay not to as for a downpayment and provide all of the necessary bonds.

but if you are dealing with the ordinary JUAN, the contractor dictates all the rules. may rules ba talaga??? give me my downpayment and forget about those bonds.

this is the nightmare scenario of a design and build agreement. nobody is counter checking the activities of your designer/builder. in short, you are faced wit a double barrel shotgun.
  • The procedure of securing performance bond is actually quite simple. Allow me to elucidate it below:

Let’s say your project cost is P1M and the contractor requires P200k Downpayment (20%).

1. The contractor would go to a bond issuing company , say Prudential Guarantee Assurance (PGA) with a copy of the contract (Construction Agreement) to get the required bond.

2. Contractor pays PGA a nominal fee representing premium of the bond.

3. PGA issues a Bond Certificate in the amount of P200k in your favour.

4. You give the P200k Downpayment to contractor to start work.

5. In the event of default or breach of contract on the part of Contractor, then the face value of the bond is recoverable from PGA.

Make sure that the progress bill report more or less conforms with the actual accomplished works. This way, you are quite protected by the guarantee of the bond.
    this is the nightmare scenario of a design and build agreement. nobody is counter checking the activities of your designer/builder. in short, you are faced wit a double barrel shotgun.

It is most ideal to have separate Designer and Builder. In which case, the architect/designer would serve as your check and balance tool.

In case your designer and builder is one and the same, Get yourself involved with the monitoring or get a representative to do it for you. Also, require that all materials should be tested prior to use. Most importantly, make sure that the contract agreement protects you from the builder’s negligence, abuse and/or bad intents.
    yung contractor's tax nga e... yung nagpapagawa pa ang magbabayad rin.
    lol