isQuashisQuash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
only $160 for 10 flights!

has anyone tried this?

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/book-with-us/asean-pass.page?icid=iae166hpmba

Comments

• keiytkeiyt PEx Rookie ⭐
    Meaning to buy this! Let's go! :D
  • akosiblinkakosiblink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've read from the flight included that your only way out is through Cebu going to Kota Kinabalu. And from there, there aren't a lot of other choices either.
  • Planning to do this:

CEB to KL - 3 Points
    KL to Phuket - 1 Point
    Phuket to SG - 1 Point
    SG to KL - 1 Point
    KL to MLA - 3 Points
    MLA to CEB - 1 Point

It's a far better deal for passengers flying from the KL hub though. Shame AirAsia doesn't fly direct from MLA to Cambodia or even Bangkok.
  • Pangit nga lang you can't do MNL - KL - other place - KL - MNL
  • rdvdrdvd PEx Rookie ⭐
    akosiblink wrote: »
    I've read from the flight included that your only way out is through Cebu going to Kota Kinabalu. And from there, there aren't a lot of other choices either.

There's a Manila-Kota Kinabalu and Manila-Kuala Lumpur, as well as a Cebu-Kuala Lumpur route.

Passengers from PH are at a disadvantage because we need to fly to KL to access the AirAsia network, and that's 3 credits already. KK on the other hand, is just 1 credit away from Cebu but the onward connections are very limited.
  • yesonyeson PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I still find it a bit expensive though as airport fees and taxes are excluded from the pass.
  • ylle45ylle45 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    parang pinapalakas lang nila ang KL hub ng Air Asia IMO:lol:

sana dumagdag na lang sila ng domestic outes:lol:
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    so pwede ang manila to kl.. but you have to buy a kl to manila at regular rates?

nahh.. i pass.
  • meron na ba naka-try nito? according to the AirAsia website it's applicable to the base fare only. baka kasi mataga naman sa taxes eh. wala din ba itong fuel surcharge?
  • Do you guys have an idea hanggang kelan available ang Asean Pass? parang di kasi nakasulat sa website nila :confused:
  • lakadpilipinaslakadpilipinas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    16531051577_caa4913a3f_o.jpg

I've tried and successfully booked two 20-credit Asean Passes.

Check it out here (with screenshots) and the extra fees that goes along each flight:
    AirAsia Asean Pass - From the Philippines
  • keiytkeiyt PEx Rookie ⭐
    I have RT tickets MNL - Siem Reap / HCMC - Manila. I am actually thinking of buying a pass (10 credits), hindi na bumalik ng Pinas and start to redeem from either Hanoi or Vientiane. So mostly land travel yung iba. Ang medyo kinakabahan lang ako, baka wala palang flights on my desired dates. Hahaha! So paano na diba? 😭
  • yesonyeson PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @lakadpilipinas sobrang risky ng CEB-BKI, last time na-cancel yung route diba? So in a few months time they might halt it again. Did you not purchase a checked luggage for this 2 month backpacking trip?
  • lakadpilipinaslakadpilipinas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yeson wrote: »
    @lakadpilipinas sobrang risky ng CEB-BKI, last time na-cancel yung route diba? So in a few months time they might halt it again. Did you not purchase a checked luggage for this 2 month backpacking trip?

Parang stable naman, well, eto nasa Kota na kami from Cebu :)