Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

AirBnB experiences

Why is there cleaning fee? Is it obliged to pay this?

Comments

• Naked_SalvationNaked_Salvation Moderator PEx Moderator
    Depende sa property/room na ire-rent mo kung may cleaning fee or wala. If the owner indicated a cleaning fee, then yes, you're obliged to pay for it.

Kung ayaw mo ng may cleaning fee, then you have to look for a property/room na wala yun.
  • blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If it is listed then you are obliged. This is to assure that even if you trash the place, it will be clean when the owners mover back or when the next occupants check in :)

There are some propertie without cleaning fees but most would.
  • bluestar08bluestar08 PEx Rookie ⭐
    So far lahat ng na experience ko merong cleaning fee. Kasi usually may mga property manager yung owners na naglilinis ng room/unit after i-rent ng iba. parang housekeeping lang say pero one time lang, so bago ipa-rent sa iba, of course lilinisin muna yung room, papalitan ng beddings and all para naman presentable ang room sa next na occupant, kaya may cleaning fee. =)
    Trying Airbnb for the first time as a "guest" for my Italy trip. Nakabook na ako sa 3 different places (Milan-Florence-Rome). Hope everything will be okay. *okay*
  • ellen2430ellen2430 PEx Rookie ⭐
    ok ba mga property sa airbnb? kasi ngbobook ako last week di nmn susmagot :(
    ^Okay naman. Yung sis ko, nung nag-Europe sila last year, Airbnb rin ang accommodation na ginamit nila.

Kapag hindi sumasagot yung host, hanap na lang ng iba (unless nakapag-book ka na). Naka-indicate din ang response time ng "host".
  • blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^ read the reviews for airbnb, usually the guests would be upfront naman :)
  • count_olaf22count_olaf22 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yung iba, if more than 1 week yung stay mo, you'll be charged with cleaning fee.

I tried airbnb before in Penang, and it was awesome. The host was very nice and even prepared a breakfast for all those who are staying in his place. He asked us to eat together so that we can trade stories and get to know each other. Ang saya lang.

I'll be trying this again in France-Spain-Italy trip on early summer. Nakabook na ako sa France after several requests. I think i received 3 declined requests coz the hosts couldn't ascertain the availability of the place kasi ang aga ko daw nag book. So far lahat sila prompt mag reply. And it helps that you have 24-hour expiration.

I guess it will help to check the response rate of the host of the property you are booking. If mababa, don't bother.

P.S. -- Naked_Salvation, is that Benjamin Kheng of Sam Willows sa avatar mo?
    ^Yep :D

How did you know Sam Willows? Umabot na ba sila sa Pinas or nasa SG ka rin?
  • count_olaf22count_olaf22 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'm in SG. Di pa ako nakapanood live performance nila (hanggang Haji Lane lang yung exposure ko with SG musicians). Nakita ko lang siya sa instagram, got interested sa mga posts niya -- and the rest is history of stalking :-))

Pasensya na TS, OT na kami.
    ^Yep :D

How did you know Sam Willows? Umabot na ba sila sa Pinas or nasa SG ka rin?
    ^Last hirit ng OT. Sorry. :D

Ako naman, I have friends (locals) na nasa circle niya. Nakakahiya magtanong. Nakita ko muna siya sa Sports School and FB before ko nalaman na sa Sam Willows s'ya. :hiya:
  • Voucher!!
    para sa mga first time users and first time booking, use this link to para may discount. up to P1100.

www.airbnb.com/c/ysabellegraceg