Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Weight Lifting Hook

depayansdepayans PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
may alam ba kayo na mabibilhan ng ganito dito sa pinas?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/harbinger/harbinger-lifting-hooks.html

image_prodprod2180347_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg

Comments

• JB Sports & Music has Harbinger products but I've never seen those.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Personally, if you are not deadlifting double bodyweight, doing at least 8 deadhang pullups, doing rows with more than your bodyweight, work up to those and you won't have to rely on that accessory
  • depayansdepayans PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    blakedaddy wrote: »
    Personally, if you are not deadlifting double bodyweight, doing at least 8 deadhang pullups, doing rows with more than your bodyweight, work up to those and you won't have to rely on that accessory

i dl 120kg 4 reps
    i do pullups with 35lbs db.

my weight is 76kg

prob ko yung 120kg na dl, hindi pa pagod muscles ko pero bumibitaw na yung grip ko
    ^what do you do for grip work? Anong grip gamit mo?
    blakedaddy wrote: »
    ^what do you do for grip work? Anong grip gamit mo?

double overhand palang. gusto ko itry yung hook grip. hindi ako comfortable sa mixed eh.

ayaw ko din mag chalk.
    Bakit ayaw mo mag chalk? I suggest mag practice ka ng mixed grip...
  • Using a hook is similar to doing the deed with a condom... its boring, and it does not feel too good.

120kgs for your BW IMHO does not require the use of hooks. even if you lifted 250kg i wouldnt still suggest hooks but thats just me...

Try using a thicker bar, with less weights, try doing 5 sets of 5 with a thick bar deadlift that would certainly improve your grip..
    Let's just put it this way: a stronger grip significantly carries over to more strength
  • Or he could use straps
    Personally I'd rather someone uses chalk and develops a stronger grip than rely on straps and other equipment
  • Oh sure I was just pointing out that straps are actually used by lifters, unlike those hook things.
  • depayans wrote: »
    i dl 120kg 4 reps
    i do pullups with 35lbs db.

my weight is 76kg

prob ko yung 120kg na dl, hindi pa pagod muscles ko pero bumibitaw na yung grip ko

Don’t let your grip limit your progress. Use straps if you can’t grip the bar. Straps also lessen the chances of torn palm skin. You can always train your grip separately without sacrificing your main exercises. Some bars also have poor gripping surface, even if you have a good grip. Poor grip can also lead to poor form.

Using a good bar, I can lift my deadlift 1RM without straps. But my grip fails when I try to do several reps in the 70-90% range. Lifting with straps in the 70-90% range has helped me increase by 1RM. If you insist to only lift what you can grip, your strength gain for the main exercise will be slower/limited.

Do you want to sacrifice back/legs/traps/etc development by only lifting what you can grip w/o straps? I don’t think so

A couple of sets of gripping exercises will not extend your training day much. But do them AFTER you -have done your main exercises. 1-2 times a week will do wonders.
    Don’t let your grip limit your progress. Use straps if you can’t grip the bar. Straps also lessen the chances of torn palm skin. You can always train your grip separately without sacrificing your main exercises. Some bars also have poor gripping surface, even if you have a good grip. Poor grip can also lead to poor form.

Using a good bar, I can lift my deadlift 1RM without straps. But my grip fails when I try to do several reps in the 70-90% range. Lifting with straps in the 70-90% range has helped me increase by 1RM. If you insist to only lift what you can grip, your strength gain for the main exercise will be slower/limited.

Do you want to sacrifice back/legs/traps/etc development by only lifting what you can grip w/o straps? I don’t think so

A couple of sets of gripping exercises will not extend your training day much. But do them AFTER you -have done your main exercises. 1-2 times a week will do wonders.

thank you very much for this.

i deadlift to train my back and not my grip.
    to anyone na naghahanap ng hook (wala yata) may nakita na ako na lifting hook.

http://shop.adidas.com.ph/ads-hook-lifting-straps-1.html?a=214_5269
  • I recommend that you use lifting straps, not a hook, so that you are still gripping the bar.

For emergencies, it appears that you can't release the bar if you are using a hook. Your arm will be pulled to wherever the bar goes.

The bar can be released when using straps by simply releasing your grip.
  • Don’t let your grip limit your progress. Use straps if you can’t grip the bar. Straps also lessen the chances of torn palm skin. You can always train your grip separately without sacrificing your main exercises. Some bars also have poor gripping surface, even if you have a good grip. Poor grip can also lead to poor form.

I have to not agree on this :D the TS is not lifting enough to be starting on straps..
    ^what is your recommendation then or strength level required before the TS can then use straps?
  • depayans wrote: »

Did you check Chris Sports? Tobys? Ensayo? try searching in Whatchu mobile app