COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Limbo doctrine of the RCC ABANDONED!!!

so now that this has been decided I wonder how the RCC defenders here are still going to insist the original sin theory and the baptismal of infants...I wonder if they will still insist that their self explained belief is still true to the bible...

after several years the baptismal of babies is still applied it seems tradition is still the primary concern of the RCC liturgy...

http://www.ucg.org/commentary/pope-abandons-limbo-will-purgatory-follow/
«1

Comments

  • jagarugajagaruga Member PExer
    Limbo was a speculation among theologians on what happens to unbaptized babies who died, it was never a dogma of the Catholic Church. Pope Benedict merely put an end to this speculation.
  • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
    Showing lack of investigative researching? Can you show any proof that Limbo was an official teaching of the catholic church?

    I read that Limbo was just a concept but it was never really part of the official teachings of the church, unless of course you can provide some proof.
  • Roborat9Roborat9 Member PExer
    TLG wrote: »
    Showing lack of investigative researching? Can you show any proof that Limbo was an official teaching of the catholic church?

    I read that Limbo was just a concept but it was never really part of the official teachings of the church, unless of course you can provide some proof.

    Hahhaha and what was your argument about the baptismal of babies again??? What was the reason for that?? Now that your pope decided to abandon it your stating it was just a concept when in the very existence of your church you claim that babies go to LIMBO if they die without baptismal??!! so what happen to the babies that were in limbo based on your church teachings before???

    Isnt it the very reason that the RCC baptizes babies as infants?? So they will not linger in limbo?? Now your backtracking on your argument before??

    Now that the limbo crap has been debunked how does the concept of original sin now applies then?? :)
  • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Still insisting sa maling information na alam mo???
      Roborat9 wrote: »
      Hahhaha and what was your argument about the baptismal of babies again??? What was the reason for that?? Now that your pope decided to abandon it your stating it was just a concept when in the very existence of your church you claim that babies go to LIMBO if they die without baptismal??!! so what happen to the babies that were in limbo based on your church teachings before???

      Isnt it the very reason that the RCC baptizes babies as infants?? So they will not linger in limbo?? Now your backtracking on your argument before??

      Now that the limbo crap has been debunked how does the concept of original sin now applies then?? :)

      - The pope never abandon something that is not in the official teaching of the church to begin with
      - again, limbo was just a concept, a speculation but it was never an official teaching. Pinagpipilitan mo ang isang bagay as turo kahit hindi naman....may sayad kaba?
    • TotnakTotnak Theistic Apologist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      Roborat9 wrote: »
      Hahhaha and what was your argument about the baptismal of babies again??? What was the reason for that?? Now that your pope decided to abandon it your stating it was just a concept when in the very existence of your church you claim that babies go to LIMBO if they die without baptismal??!! so what happen to the babies that were in limbo based on your church teachings before???

      Isnt it the very reason that the RCC baptizes babies as infants?? So they will not linger in limbo?? Now your backtracking on your argument before??

      Now that the limbo crap has been debunked how does the concept of original sin now applies then?? :)

      It is clear that the traditional teaching on this topic has concentrated on the theory of limbo, understood as a state which includes the souls of infants who die subject to original sin and without baptism, and who, therefore, neither merit the beatific vision, nor yet are subjected to any punishment, because they are not guilty of any personal sin. This theory, elaborated by theologians beginning in the Middle Ages, never entered into the dogmatic definitions of the Magisterium, even if that same Magisterium did at times mention the theory in its ordinary teaching up until the Second Vatican Council. It remains therefore a possible theological hypothesis. However, in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1992), the theory of limbo is not mentioned. Rather, the Catechism teaches that infants who die without baptism are entrusted by the Church to the mercy of God, as is shown in the specific funeral rite for such children. The principle that God desires the salvation of all people gives rise to the hope that there is a path to salvation for infants who die without baptism (cf. CCC, 1261), and therefore also to the theological desire to find a coherent and logical connection between the diverse affirmations of the Catholic faith: the universal salvific will of God; the unicity of the mediation of Christ; the necessity of baptism for salvation; the universal action of grace in relation to the sacraments; the link between original sin and the deprivation of the beatific vision; the creation of man “in Christ”.

      from here

      so, it is pretty clear that limbo was NEVER a dogma of The Catholic Church....this now makes you a liar unless of course if you could provide here any official catholic document showing otherwise......
    • kurapika_hunterkurapika_hunter Beneath the coco palm PExer
      "Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries
      Saturday April 21, 2007

      VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The Roman Catholic Church has effectively buried the concept of limbo, the place where centuries of tradition and teaching held that babies who die without baptism went.

      In a long-awaited document, the Church’s International Theological Commission said limbo reflected an “unduly restrictive view of salvation.”

      The 41-page document was published on Friday by Origins, the documentary service of the U.S.-based Catholic News Service, which is part of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

      Pope Benedict, himself a top theologian who before his election in 2005 expressed doubts about limbo, authorized the publication of the document, called “The Hope of Salvation for Infants Who Die Without Being Baptised.”

      The verdict that limbo could now rest in peace had been expected for years. The document was seen as most likely the final word since limbo was never part of Church doctrine, even though it was taught to Catholics well into the 20th century.

      “The conclusion of this study is that there are theological and liturgical reasons to hope that infants who die without baptism may be saved and brought into eternal happiness even if there is not an explicit teaching on this question found in revelation,” it said.

      “There are reasons to hope that God will save these infants precisely because it was not possible (to baptize them).”

      The Church teaches that baptism removes original sin which stains all souls since the fall from grace in the Garden of Eden."

      --Eto siguro ang gustong malaman ni Roborat9...Sana maliwanag na sa inyo na Iglesia Ni Manalo..:glee:
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      I wonder if the TS would be humble enough to admit his mistake about church doctrines, or is he still an arrogant BS who is only vent of demonizing the catholic church.
    • Neil1984Neil1984 Member PExer
      ^
      ^
      ^

      Did anyone among you defended Limbo? Now now now, official or not, if somebody defended Limbo, then suddenly you will stop defending Limbo, ano tawag sayo?

      The same goes for those who will defend Celibacy, then suddenly you stop defending. Ano tawag sayo?

      Ano ang Official na tawag sayo? The word of the century "OFFICIAL".
    • SirZapSirZap Storm Trooper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      so all along LIMBO doctrine was in LIMBO (pun). now its in OBLIVION.
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Neil1984 wrote: »
      ^
      ^
      ^

      Did anyone among you defended Limbo? Now now now, official or not, if somebody defended Limbo, then suddenly you will stop defending Limbo, ano tawag sayo?

      The same goes for those who will defend Celibacy, then suddenly you stop defending. Ano tawag sayo?

      Ano ang Official na tawag sayo? The word of the century "OFFICIAL".

      As far as i can recall dating from the first time i join pex, no one defended limbo.
    • Neil1984Neil1984 Member PExer
      So no Catholic ever defended Limbo? Okay.. :rolleyes:

      Ika nga ng Sex Bomb Dancers: Laban-laban o Bawi-bawi!
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Neil1984 wrote: »
      So no Catholic ever defended Limbo? Okay.. :rolleyes:

      as far as i know...ikaw may alam ka? kung may alam ka dito sa pex na nagdefend nito you are more than welcome to post it.
    • Neil1984Neil1984 Member PExer
      Well "anyone" refers to any Roman Catholic Church member not just people here in PeX.

      Ang mga advocate ng Limbo, napa-laban2x or bawi2x. Sagutin mo yung tanong ko sa kabilang thread regarding saints mo.
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Neil1984 wrote: »
      Well "anyone" refers to any Roman Catholic Church member not just people here in PeX.

      Here in pex we can easily know who is a catholic and who is not..
    • Roborat9Roborat9 Member PExer
      Tama ka neil...dami dito nag defend sa limbo na iyan about original sin at iyan nga ang naging reasoning nga mga catholics why they are baptizing babies and the very same reason why Pope Pius IX abducted Edgardo Mortara because as a baby he was baptize by the catholics as a baby by the maid fearing that the baby will be in LIMBO if the baby died without being baptize by the catholic church..

      Concepts as mental representations, where concepts are entities that exist in the brain,
      Concepts as abilities, where concepts are abilities peculiar to cognitive agents, and
      Concepts as abstract objects, where objects are the constituents of propositions that mediate between thought, language, and referents.


      Which of these 3 concepts was limbo establish by Augustine??
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Roborat9 wrote: »
      Tama ka neil...dami dito nag defend sa limbo

      hay nako..pinaliwanagan ka na nga ipagpipilitan mo pa din ang argumento mo????? Such an idiot! :lol:
    • Roborat9Roborat9 Member PExer
      TLG wrote: »
      hay nako..pinaliwanagan ka na nga ipagpipilitan mo pa din ang argumento mo????? Such an idiot! :lol:

      Why are you baptizing babies again in the RCC???
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Roborat9 wrote: »
      Why are you baptizing babies again in the RCC???


      To remove them from original sin!
    • Roborat9Roborat9 Member PExer
      TLG wrote: »
      To remove them from original sin!

      Thank you...so original sin is a doctrine of the RCC...2nd question...what happens to babies that dies then without the baptismal and still carries original sin??
    • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
      Roborat9 wrote: »
      Thank you...so original sin is a doctrine of the RCC...2nd question...what happens to babies that dies then without the baptismal and still carries original sin??

      They are place in the mercy of God.

    Leave a Comment

    BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Image
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file