Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

YEHE! Dahil Dito, Magbabago Ang Mga Buhay Natin!

Magandang araw po sa inyong lahat,

I'm sure excited kang malaman kung
anu yung makakapagbabago ng takbo
ng buhay natin.

THIS IS IT!

Mamayang gabi, February 13 (Friday) @ 9:00pm,
meron po kaming FREE ONLINE SEMINAR / WEBINAR

para sa lahat.

Dito sa FREE ONLINE SEMINAR / WEBINAR, ituturo namin kung
pano mo magagawang kitain yung First P50,000
mo Purely Online
(Without the complicated stuff)

Ishe-share din namin kung ano yung 3 Important Elements
para magkaron ng Successful na Online Negosyo.

Kung gusto mong umattend, Simply click the link below
and REGISTER your Email to RESERVE YOUR FREE SLOT!

FREE REGISTRATION HERE!

P.S. - Limited Slots lang po ito, so kung interested
po kayong umattend, Simply Register Today (ASAP).

Hope to see you in the webinar!

Enjoy Learning & Godbless to All.

Your Friend To Success,

- Jayson Clarit

Comments

• pexnoobpexnoob PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello all,

Last year while checking my balance online, I discovered someone used my Unionbank EON account to purchase an airline ticket abroad. It's a domestic flight in a faraway country so hindi naman ganun kalaki ang amount, mga P5k total.

I e-mailed Unionbank and was told to wait 50-80 banking days as they will conduct an investigation. So I did! Didn't hear anything from them after about 3 months so I e-mailed again. This time I was told to send a copy of my passport (all pages) to their customer service email or fax.

I called Unionbank hotline also and was told to do the same thing. The thing is, I'm a little hesitant to send some sensitive personal info to them. Well, it may be to prove that I didn't travel to that country but still, I don't completely trust their "investigation" as I don't know what's going on. It doesn't help also that they take a very long time to respond to my e-mails.

Do you think I should go ahead and send them a scanned copy of my passport? I was also thinking about just letting the 5k go. Anyway, I already got the card blocked and a new card will have a new number on it.

This incident made me lose my trust in Unionbank also. Kahit maliit lang yung amount, they should give me an update about the investigation and not leave me hanging for several months. I'm thinking about using BPI more as they seem to respond quickly and online transactions are much more secure.
  • markapinyamarkapinya PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't know if any of these will be helpful but these have been my practice with my debit cards:

- I immediately erase the cvv number at the back (after I make a note of this and stored it in a secure place). A bit of sandpaper and black marker normally does the trick. Para man lang di magamit for online purchase kung nakopya man yung card details ko.

- I only have limited funds on my debit card. I maintain a separate account that I use to replenish my debit card balance. Kung ma fraud man ako at least limited lang ang risk. If you are thinking of BPI and you have a Globe phone, you can consider yung Gcash mastercard. It costs P50 net lang ata. Tapos you can link it with your BPI account. Everytime magamit siya, nag i-sms sa iyo. And BPI only charge P1 every topup and no charges from Globe.

Sometimes di lang gumagana sa online. (kaya the best pa rin sa akin EastWest debit card ko kasi tinatanggap kahit saan ko gamitin).
  • CodeXplorerCodeXplorer PEx Rookie ⭐
    pexnoob wrote: »
    Hello all,

Last year while checking my balance online, I discovered someone used my Unionbank EON account to purchase an airline ticket abroad. It's a domestic flight in a faraway country so hindi naman ganun kalaki ang amount, mga P5k total.

I e-mailed Unionbank and was told to wait 50-80 banking days as they will conduct an investigation. So I did! Didn't hear anything from them after about 3 months so I e-mailed again. This time I was told to send a copy of my passport (all pages) to their customer service email or fax.

I called Unionbank hotline also and was told to do the same thing. The thing is, I'm a little hesitant to send some sensitive personal info to them. Well, it may be to prove that I didn't travel to that country but still, I don't completely trust their "investigation" as I don't know what's going on. It doesn't help also that they take a very long time to respond to my e-mails.

Do you think I should go ahead and send them a scanned copy of my passport? I was also thinking about just letting the 5k go. Anyway, I already got the card blocked and a new card will have a new number on it.

This incident made me lose my trust in Unionbank also. Kahit maliit lang yung amount, they should give me an update about the investigation and not leave me hanging for several months. I'm thinking about using BPI more as they seem to respond quickly and online transactions are much more secure.

Curios lang po? Debit card as in yung atm?
    Nagagamit ba ang debit card for online transaction?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Sending UnionBank a scanned copy of your passport is worth risking, if the reward is the refund of your P5K. If you want to be extra safe, bring the copy of the passport to the bank yourself. A little inconvenient, though.