Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Best Lifting Belt Available in the Philippines?

Hi guys. I tried searching for recent related threads, I found a few but they are a couple of years old.

Anyway, I just would like to get your opinion on what's the BEST lifting belt that's locally available in the Philippines? Taking of course into consideration the quality and cost.

I would like to see if using a belt will help me break my deadlift 1RM. I'm stuck at 385lbs for about 3 months now.

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Why not work on technique instead?
  • the only place you can buy belts here in the philippines is thru PAP they sell Titan belts wraps etc. during meets..

Being stuck at 385lbs for 3 months only suggests something wrong.. with either your routine, your nutrition, your rest or yes as blake said your technique..

A belt will definitely help you break your 1RM but it wouldnt make you stronger perse..

for example and do not quote me on this the same amount of strenght, muscular contraction etc. is used to lift

385lbs beltless

and

395 with belt..

ofcourse the number are not exact but i hope you get what i say...
  • Thanks guys for your replies and suggestions

I only tried to max out 2 weeks ago, I completed 385 but after that I did not have the confidence to add a few more plates which is different from what I normally feel during my previous max outs. Usually whenever I max out (once every 2-3 months) I break my record by 15-20 lbs but the last time it was different.

Yeah I probably got weaker or was not ready to max out that time, maybe because I stopped working out for a month during Christmas break because I went out of the country

That's the reason why I wanna try using a belt

Plus I don't really know when I should start using one
    1. Height and weight?
    2. Current program?
    3. How long have you been lifting?
  • BTW just noticed that I used my old account in posting the OP hah. Is there a way to deactivate that old account? There was one point kasi that I forgot the password

Anyway
    I'm 180cm, 189 lbs
    Doing 5 day split, but instead of arms day, I do a full body depletion
    About 2 years serious, but I started about 4 years ago
    what exactly is your goal? if you're training daily, remember it takes longer for the body to recover..

Another thing, a month off means you will have to take a step back too..

My hunch is you are often training to try to break 385...
  • Thanks again for the reply

Primary goal is to be at 10% body fat by December

Secondary goal is strength, I wanna pull 495 eventually :p

No sir I'm not in a hurry, I'm only trying to max out every 3 months...nabasa ko kasi that it doesn't really do anything significant to the body except that you'll know what's the heaviest you could pull.
    But I get a sense of achievement everytime I break it.

I hope you get that the reason why I asked regarding the belt is because this is the first time I stalled and I felt that maybe it's already time to use a belt. I consider 385 already heavy for me and I read that at one point you would use a belt

And also I'm planning to use the belt only every 1RM. I would like to continue my normal routine (% of my 1RM) without a belt
    Just my take: you don't need a belt quite yet, just proper technique, programming and nutrition
  • Try niyo po meron ata yan sa Chris Sports. Or pg wala, search niyo po sa Whatchu mobile app para makita niyo lahat ng options niyo kung saan kayo pwede bumili ng item na yan. Free naman to download sa Apple Store at Google Play