Home PEx Sports NBA

Who will get the 7-8 seed?

rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
In the West, Hollinger playoff odds are:

OKC = 39.1%
Phoenix = 39.1%
New Orleans = 35.0%

As close as close can be.

San Antonio seems to be safe at #7 with 90.9% chance.

In the East,
Charlotte = 65.9%
Miami = 42.2%
Detroit = 30.2%
Boston = 24.7%
Indiana = 19.2%
Brooklyn = 17.7%

The 1-6 seeds are all safe at 99.8+ %.

Personally, I think injuries will decide this race. Ano ba balita kay Unibrow?

Comments

• Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    I kinda want OKC to miss the playoffs.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bakit kailangan pagusapan ang 7-8th seed?

rational wrote: »
    In the West, Hollinger playoff odds are:

OKC = 39.1%
    Phoenix = 39.1%
    New Orleans = 35.0%

As close as close can be.

San Antonio seems to be safe at #7 with 90.9% chance.

lagot ang SASpurs, 7th. they will be matched against the MGrizzles, 2nd. The LAClippers is on a slump. they might be the 7th seed in the WC and the SA will be the sixth.

PHX will have a tough season. just look at their schedule. 90% are top teams (+.500).
    OKC has an easier schedule. mas maraming sub500 and EC teams.
    NOP - huwag na natin pagusapan itong team.

In the East,
    Charlotte = 65.9%
    Miami = 42.2%

Detroit = 30.2%
    Boston = 24.7%
    Indiana = 19.2%
    Brooklyn = 17.7%

The 1-6 seeds are all safe at 99.8+ %.

BKN is in a shake up. they are trying to trade BLopez and might grab ABlatche as a replacement. if this happens they are throwing away their top scorer and their playoff chances.

DET - this season they have more losing streaks than winnings although they have a good record against top WC teams. pero ilang WC teams ba ang kalaban nila sa end of the season.

now if MIA makes a steal and gets ABlatche plus a well rested DWade, it will solidify their position.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bakit kailangan pagusapan ang 7-8th seed?

lagot ang SASpurs, 7th. they will be matched against the MGrizzles, 2nd. The LAClippers is on a slump. they might be the 7th seed in the WC and the SA will be the sixth.

PHX will have a tough season. just look at their schedule. 90% are top teams (+.500).
    OKC has an easier schedule. mas maraming sub500 and EC teams.
    NOP - huwag na natin pagusapan itong team.

BKN is in a shake up. they are trying to trade BLopez and might grab ABlatche as a replacement. if this happens they are throwing away their top scorer and their playoff chances.

DET - this season they have more losing streaks than winnings although they have a good record against top WC teams. pero ilang WC teams ba ang kalaban nila sa end of the season.

now if MIA makes a steal and gets ABlatche plus a well rested DWade, it will solidify their position.

Bakit lagot and Spurs sa Memphis? Nalimutan mo na ba result ng playoffs last year?

This year 1-1 sila tapos yung panalo pa ng Memphis e yung triple OT.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gusto ko tuloy bigla makapasok yung NOP sa playoffs. Who the ***** are you to dictate what someone wants to discuss or not?
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yun schedule ang mag-didictate ng winnings. mabigat ang kalaban ng PHX.

Bakit lagot and Spurs sa Memphis? Nalimutan mo na ba result ng playoffs last year?

This year 1-1 sila tapos yung panalo pa ng Memphis e yung triple OT.

injured laden yun MGrizzles last season.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I stii think OKC will catch the last bus. They're just too talented to not make it, considering how close the standings are between them, PHX, and NOP.

And with Griffin out as much as 6 weeks, the Clippers might slide too.
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I want OKC to be eliminated that two [email protected] stars Durant and Westbrook are untouchables. Look at the stat against their win against Clippers today, 38 freaking freethrow attempts. Somehow you'll think that the NBA wants them in the playoff.

Pelicans is a good team they're on a streak but I don't think it will last.

I'm a Suns fan so I want them to make it plus they deserve it having miss last year by close margin. I really believe they can upset Warriors if they placed 1st.
    I'm not an okc fan. it's easy to look at the stats and ft attempts for a team you dislike and cry "refs" but if you actually watch their games, you'll see how aggressive they are driving to the basket and they actually KNOW how to fish for fouls. Just be thankful that Harden isnt on this team anymore. Every OKC game could last 3 hours because of all the FT attempts.
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    OKC will get the 8th seed. easier schedule.

Charlotte will get the 7th seed.
    Really a toss up between Miami and Detroit for the 8th. baka nga makuha pa ng Indiana yan kasi babalik daw si PG. exciting na boring. :D
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm not an okc fan. it's easy to look at the stats and ft attempts for a team you dislike and cry "refs" but if you actually watch their games, you'll see how aggressive they are driving to the basket and they actually KNOW how to fish for fouls. Just be thankful that Harden isnt on this team anymore. Every OKC game could last 3 hours because of all the FT attempts.

yeah right, like they defeated suns several times because of free throw attempts reaching 40+ borderline 50 attempts. They are untouchables period. It's not like the suns guard are pure shooters either that they could not fish fouls there top 3 guards Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas are slashers but they don't get this kind of treatment.

BTW, I don't like the NBA calls fouls nowadays lots of ticky tacky fouls called, even phantom ones. Hence, the proliferation of slashing guards or points guard coz the defender is left helpless. Too soft.
    yeah right, like they defeated suns several times because of free throw attempts reaching 40+ borderline 50 attempts. They are untouchables period. It's not like the suns guard are pure shooters either that they could not fish fouls there top 3 guards Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas are slashers but they don't get this kind of treatment.

BTW, I don't like the NBA calls fouls nowadays lots of ticky tacky fouls called, even phantom ones. Hence, the proliferation of slashing guards or points guard coz the defender is left helpless. Too soft.

Ok bud, this "untouchables" label has been said about the Heat and the Lakers when they were still pretty strong teams. Is there a general bias towards superstars in the NBA when it comes to foul calls? Maybe. Heck, even Paul George was getting superstar calls last year and I don't even consider him a superstar. But those conspiracy theories usually come from people that have bias against them (myself included) and it's the easy excuse to find when your team loses but the sad truth is, they win games because they are talented teams, it's not always about the refs.

That being said, the thing about Durant and Westbrook (and Harden) is that you could tell that, whenever they drive to the basket, their goal is not to finish strong but to create contact. I'm not trying to make it sound like a good thing, it's annoying as hell and it slows down the game. It's just a "skill" that they've mastered, with a little flopping involved.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    And then of course the TWolves start trolling the contenders.

3-game win streak against Miami, Memphis and Detroit.
  • Greenarrow12Greenarrow12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How about OKC vs GSW for the First round. That would be classic.

Phoenix remaining schedule might cost them to miss "again" the playoffs just like what happened last year. Kaya gusto ni Rob Sarver baguhin ang format ng playoffs dahil sa issue na yan.

Adam Silver should fix this conference imbalance, seeding issue next season (imagine nyo na lang na ang team na manalo ng Division title will end up as number 4 kahit mas maganda record ng nasa 5,6,7 or 8 seed dito.)

Top 16 talaga ang magandang format at wala na sana "bigat" ang division title na yan. Walang hustisya pag nasa west ang paborito mong team. :lol:
  • darknight10darknight10 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I really feel sad for the 8-10th teams in the west. Yung 9 and 10 pwedeng pwedeng palitan ang 7 and 8 ng east.
  • pristonpikerpristonpiker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Phoenix has been missing the playoffs by a close margin for 4 consecutive years now. Lagi ko inaabangan yan.
    Either 9th or 10th sila, tapos sa dulo ng season nalalaglag.
    Weren't the Suns literally 1 game away last year? IIRC they lost the crucial matchup with the Grizzlies, who finally got healthy.

GSW vs OKC, Splash bros vs KD and Russ

GSW vs NOP. Battle of two players who emerged as bonafide superstars this year, Steph Curry vs Anthony Davis

GSW vs PHX, run and gun, imo this would be the most exciting.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nah, even if GSW faces OKC in the first round, I'd still pick GSW over them. The Dubs offense is too fluid, and they're a pretty good defensive team (if Bogut is healthy). OKC may have Durant and Westbrook, but there's just something missing from their play this year.
  • Pwede pa magkagulo-gulo ang seeding sa West. Anthony Davis is out a while and the Suns are dropping games. OKC must take advantage of it. But I don't want them in the playoffs. :lol:
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    naka-limang heartbreaker losses na pala ang suns this season
    In the East, I'm still hoping that Brooklyn gets it together and manages a 7th or 8th seed. After them I'm going with Charlotte, especially once they get MKG back. If Detroit still had Jennings, I would be choosing them.