Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

would you read a book which exposes the manipulation of men and women in relationship

i intend to write a book on how men and women manipulate each others in relationships. for example.

1. how one party fakes love in order to have sex.
2. how one party fakes love in order to have money.
3. how one party fakes interest in marriage to have sex or love.
4. how one party fakes interest in order to have attention.
5. politics of kabits
6. why some people prefer to get men/women for hire than to have committed relationships.

it's going to be bloody and its not going to be pretty. surely not all men and women do this, but this book is a warning to people so that people will know if they are being fooled.

do you think it will click?
if you have an innocent son or daughter who you feel is being victim of manipulation, would you recommend such a book to him/her?

Comments

• elhyelhy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    actually, marami na akong nabasang ganyan. I'm interested in your book if it could provide examples in the context of Filipino culture.

double-edged sword iyan. protection for those not wanting to be in the receiving end. pero pwedeng magamit ng mga tao like me sa ganyang mga tactics.
  • rickymrickym PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    double edged talaga. it's something a lot of people know but don't talk about. a lot of people think sila lang ang ganyan pero actually marami pala sila. like for example.

i have heard that some spouses refuse sex when the other one is not earning enough. and i will explain this growing trend of people who are not prostitutes, they don't call themselves gold diggers kasi binibigay naman sa kanila yung pera even if they are not asking for it. so what do we call them if they are not looking for a job? can they be called professional girlfriends?
  • elhyelhy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I wonder how you'll present it. iyung mga concrete examples ang interested akong mabaso, pero pwede mong imake sense iyun batay sa insights ng social psychology, persuasion literature, social engineering.

casual lang ba or somewhat academic?
  • darmonxdarmonx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nobody enjoys reading a howto book... specially on the subject of manipulation.. we have all been in the giving and receiving end of manipulation. most of the time we know when we are being manipulated but we tend to allow it dahil nga we care about the manipulator... your kids or your parents for example, are the biggest manipulator in anybody's life...

i think its best to write a story and focus on just a few people in regards to this subject matter. people are more interested with characters developing, their growing interactions and how they maneuver through sticky/problematic situations caused by their decisions and choices they made...elements of a great story.. malay mo maging movie o gawing teleserya pa yung storya.
    elhy wrote: »
    I wonder how you'll present it. iyung mga concrete examples ang interested akong mabaso, pero pwede mong imake sense iyun batay sa insights ng social psychology, persuasion literature, social engineering.

casual lang ba or somewhat academic?

casual lang. a lot of anecdotes i guess. nothing too scholarly. things which everybody sees but are afraid to affirm. problems we think are only in our relationships but are similar to everybody's pala. manipulations done in our relationships which we overlook because we feel our significant others wouldn't do such things.
  • 1delaX1delaX PEx Rookie ⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    double edged talaga. it's something a lot of people know but don't talk about. a lot of people think sila lang ang ganyan pero actually marami pala sila. like for example.

i have heard that some spouses refuse sex when the other one is not earning enough. and i will explain this growing trend of people who are not prostitutes, they don't call themselves gold diggers kasi binibigay naman sa kanila yung pera even if they are not asking for it. so what do we call them if they are not looking for a job? can they be called professional girlfriends?

kapag galante ang lalaki hindi na kailangan humingi ang babae.. matic na yun na between bf-gf. pero kung needed talaga ng girl am pera..mag drop lang siya ng hint.. example: magro wrong send siya ng text sa bf niya...na humihingi siya ng emergency money sa ate/kuya/parents/etc. Si bf naman alam na yun..bibigyan niya ng pera ang gf niya without mentioning the misdirected text. in this example, you dont call her nothing.. it's just a subtle way to do it. Nothing wrong with that if the bf really loves her gf and vice-versa. in fact he'll find it a plus for her gf is not garapal. btdt :)
    1delaX wrote: »
    kapag galante ang lalaki hindi na kailangan humingi ang babae.. matic na yun na between bf-gf. pero kung needed talaga ng girl am pera..mag drop lang siya ng hint.. example: magro wrong send siya ng text sa bf niya...na humihingi siya ng emergency money sa ate/kuya/parents/etc. Si bf naman alam na yun..bibigyan niya ng pera ang gf niya without mentioning the misdirected text. in this example, you dont call her nothing.. it's just a subtle way to do it. Nothing wrong with that if the bf really loves her gf and vice-versa. in fact he'll find it a plus for her gf is not garapal. btdt :)

pano kung kinakareer na nung girl. as in she won't find a job, she spends beyond her means. a lot of men will bear with this. but not all will marry her. that is one thing i have found out in men. it's like the idea of women who are made scholars by men. there are actually times that men laugh at the idea. they say they will make a foundation for men who will find young women to become their scholars. then they also say the old women should make a foundation to support men to get motorcycles.

i'm not saying it's immoral. i'm just saying that men are practical also nowadays. some will not mind to have a poorer girlfriend, but they will never marry a woman who has no money. but men will never say this because the sex is just too good.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    did not find the book, fifty shades of grey.
  • 1delaX1delaX PEx Rookie ⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    pano kung kinakareer na nung girl. as in she won't find a job, she spends beyond her means. a lot of men will bear with this. but not all will marry her. that is one thing i have found out in men. it's like the idea of women who are made scholars by men. there are actually times that men laugh at the idea. they say they will make a foundation for men who will find young women to become their scholars. then they also say the old women should make a foundation to support men to get motorcycles.

i'm not saying it's immoral. i'm just saying that men are practical also nowadays. some will not mind to have a poorer girlfriend, but they will never marry a woman who has no money. but men will never say this because the sex is just too good.

IF she doesnt exert any efforts in finding a job tas magastos pa I think she's holding on to her sugar daddy or daddies. Obviously not marriage material.
    And what do you mean women are made scholars by men?

I wont mind to have the poorest of the poor for a GF or even for a wife if I find potenttial in her to change, to turn her life around. I'll back her up and support her every which way I could. However, and this is important, she has to be matured in her thinking and has real and achievable goals in life. It takes time to make an educated assessment of people eh.. Some are really good in lip service.. All talk no action.
    Kung good sex lang ang mapapala ko, malabo pre. Mananawa ka ren sa ganyang set up. Just enjoy each other with no strings attached. And if it's no longer working out then just quit cold turkey. And move on to the next until you find that someone that is just right. This what makes men tick.. search/conquer/drop/switch/..repeat cycle.. til you get shackled to THE one. *tongue in cheek*
    " And what do you mean women are made
    scholars by men ?"

men look for girls n kapit sa patalim and give them indecent proposals.

its actually easy to see if a poor girl is just milking you. instead of giving her money outright let her work for it. if she drops you right after that means something.
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For me, its just so hard to get entertained by a local "guru" who writes in English unless he is a master of storytelling. If you believe you could pull it off, go ahead. Who knows?

To be honest, I anticipate that this would be boring unless I guess you write it in Tagalog with really witty anecdotes.

Just my 2 cents. :)
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm not sure if i would want to read such a book since I'm already very familiar with the realities involved.

I agree with your postulation and perhaps the general public may be interested to read it.

Very often people don't think of their activities in negative connotations such as the "faking" or "use" of "love" to acquire something from the other party.

Perhaps the best thing that someone can take away from the material is the awareness of what they, or other people, are doing. I don't think concrete examples are necessary since such activities are executed by the thousands every since day. With the same motivations.

Unfortunately, society rarely gives us a choice on the matter. Treat me or you won't get any is usually the underlying tone in a local male female interaction.
    I have a thought, can you add a chapter about what the guys do when they get their "supposed" gf/love interest, pregnant?
    of course. I will place All the excuses to leave, and all the ways they piss off the girl so the girl will end up breaking off from the guy.
    Just like the thread below. hehehe. The topic is actually parallel and related to your topic. I'd actually love to contribute examples but I think the world is already full of them so there's no need on my part.