Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Milk = Lung Cancer , Eggs - High Cholesterol

So Ive beent drinking milk like 2 times a day and eating eggs 4 pcs per day. Ive been doing this for 2 years.

Then while browsing the web I read this !
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2703270

Recently I had this feeling everytime Im in front of someone smoking, outside with all the car pollution plus KATOL or when some guy paints the office. I CANT STAND THE SMELL though tolerable. Like I cant breath.

Then headaches do occur / dizziness when I eat eggs.

Usually in the morning and before I sleep

1 cup oats
250 ml milk
2 to 3 eggs (raw)
fruits ( sometimes strawberry, kiwi, melon,avocado) any per day depending what I bought
yogurt
whey protein

I want to gain weight kasi. I do go to the gym.

Egg is cheap and definitely a good source of protein lalo na pag walang whey.
Milk good source of protein din.

Does this mean I should stop milk as its related to lung issues and possible cancer?
I stopped taking eggs though thinking eat only the egg whites ?

Advice.. Thanks!

Comments

• The same frequency of intake of reduced-fat milk was associated with a significant protective effect

So low fat milk is ok??
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Before overthinking and what not, how have you progressed?
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    On the milk issue, yes, conventional cows milk has been known to have inflammatory issues for the longest time. Aside from the fact that normal production also adds antibiotics, hormones and other stuff your not suppose to drink.

Milk is just one small part of the equation though. There are many things in life that are more detrimental to our health as well. Late sleeping, normal diets, smoking, lack of exercise, et al.
  • @blakedaddy so far Ive gained weight 150lbs now. Nagkaroon na din ng cuts dati sobrang payat thats why Ive been drinking milk , following the meal plan cause I think malaki naitulong nito sa pag gain ko ng weight.

Is there a safe brand of milk na pwede araw arawin?
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    I honestly can't say since I use meat, fish and eggs as my protein sources
  • you must understand that the study is retrospective.. Meaning people had the disease first then there habits were checked..

its the same myth with cholesterol and heart diseases.. It has very little real life application.. Just drink your milk and eat your egss.
  • Ok guys. Ill still drink my milk. Bawasan ko na lang yung sa eggs. Nararamdaman ko yung hilo pag naka 3 or 4 ako in one drink / shake.

Thanks for the input.
  • fyi *** i eat 4-6 eggs in 1 sitting and do this 2-3x a day.. depending on how much protein i ate..

Numerous studies have proven that eating eggs does not raise your cholesterol levels...
  • MakaveliLivesMakaveliLives PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think you should be more concerned with eating eggs raw. Seriously, you eat them raw?
  • Yup for years, Dont really give a damn about salmonella. LOL.
    Mas mabilis ko kasi ma consume pag raw at sa shake. Pag 3 or 4 itlog boiled, nasusuka na ako para lang maubos.
  • MakaveliLivesMakaveliLives PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    digame wrote: »
    Yup for years, Dont really give a damn about salmonella. LOL.
    Mas mabilis ko kasi ma consume pag raw at sa shake. Pag 3 or 4 itlog boiled, nasusuka na ako para lang maubos.

Haha sabi nga ng mga kabataan...YOLO!

I can't really offer any thoughts sa milk and lung cancer, but personally, takot ako dati sa high cholesterol ng eggs. But studies have been showing na walang link sa heart disease and the cholesterol found in eggs. I still limit myself to 2 egg yolks a day tapos puro egg whites pero mainly because I'm cutting on my calorie intake. But once I've reached my ideal BF, hindi na siguro.
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    When I am really training I eat 12 eggs easy in a day. Scrambled.With garlic. I don't get dizzy. If you ask me, its your body telling you that your liver is weak. Keep training and that will improve.
  • I wonder kung saan galing yung SM Bonus na itlog? Anong feed pinapakain sa mga manok?
    http://www.organicgardening.com/living/7-things-you-need-start-buying-organic?page=0,0

Eggs from Happier Hens
    Did you know that more than 90 percent of the eggs produced in this country come from hens crammed into tiny cages and given feed loaded with antibiotics? Consumers are getting the message, and they don't agree. According to TABS data, sales of organic eggs jumped 21 percent in 2011, compared to 2010 sales.

Organic eggs in the supermarket likely come from an indoor operation that feeds organic only and allows the birds to wander about and perform natural behaviors. Birds raised outside on pasture produce nutritionally superior eggs, though, so their eggs are your best bet.

OG Pick: Your local pastured-egg producer—visit LocalHarvest.org to find a local farmer that raises pastured hens supplemented with organic feed.
  • Dietary cholesterol comes only from foods with animal sources - meat, dairy, eggs, and animal fats such as butter or lard. While some of these foods (eg processed and red meat) are associated with a higher risk of certain cancers, at present there is little evidence that this increased risk specifically related to cholesterol. The lowering of cholesterol in the blood reduces heart disease risk, but there is no evidence that lowering of cholesterol in the blood affects the risk of cancer.
  • digame wrote: »
    So Ive beent drinking milk like 2 times a day and eating eggs 4 pcs per day. Ive been doing this for 2 years.

Then while browsing the web I read this !
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2703270

Does this mean I should stop milk as its related to lung issues and possible cancer?

Depends. It's a crap study and didn't control for a lot of other variables (hereditary factors, ethnicity, lactose intolerance, etc.). If you are a heavy smoker, are genetically predisposed to cancer, eat crappy food everyday, work with asbestos and other carcinogens and generally have a sh1t lifestyle then MAYBE full fat milk might not be such a good idea.

Note the RR=2.14. This means that drinking milk might (crappy study, remember!) double your risk compared to not drinking. But is the increase additive or multiplicative? Compare this to smoking, which multiplies risk by 15-20x depending on which studies you read.

EDIT: I should also point out the China Study, one of the the biggest cross-sectional epidemiological studies of diet and disease, shows that the people of Tuoli who eat primarily dairy (milk products) and egg have a lower incidence of cancer and CVD than non-dairy/egg eaters.
  • Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. People believed that if you ate cholesterol, that it would raise cholesterol in the blood and contribute to heart disease. But it turns out that it isn’t that simple. The more you eat of cholesterol, the less your body produces instead.
  • cramnhojcramnhoj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    May nabibili ba locally na egg whites lang? I heard they have that in groceries in the US.
  • Im back to eating eggs. Lots of eggs plus avocado on the shake as according to another STUDY, avocado lowers bad cholesterol. so there.
  • cramnhojcramnhoj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    How's the weight gaining going?

I'm more or less in the same situation though only started getting serious this month. I drink nearly 1 liter of skim milk a day usually with whey protein. Usually just oatmeal for breakfast. Then the rest of the day I try to have 4 balanced meals having protein (chicken, beef, or tuna), boiled veggies (usually carrots, baguio beans, and okra), then rice or whole wheat bread for carbs. And a banana or orange for fruits. Also, usually add scrambled eggs in the morning meal.
  • anima9anima9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Interestingly, I wrote about both Avocados and Eggs and why they're important for health and fitness. They don't really have side-effects per se specially the eggs. I should know, I'm a food scientist and I've done way more tests on eggs and fruits than my colleagues give me credit for.

I'll try to write one about milk and a bunch of dairy products for you :)