Home PEx Sports Sports Zone

2015 SEA Games- Singapore - (June 5–16)

eycharboieycharboi Smile lang lagi :) PEx Expert 🎖️
SEA Games returns to Singapore after 22 years!

From SEA Games Website:

36 sports and 402 events will feature in the 28th SEA Games Singapore 2015. The sports are aquatics (swimming, synchronised swimming, diving, waterpolo), archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, billiards & snooker, bowling, boxing, canoeing, cycling, equestrian, fencing, floorball, football, golf, gymnastics, hockey, judo, netball, petanque, rowing, rugby 7s, sailing, sepak takraw, shooting, silat, softball, squash, table tennis, taekwondo, tennis, dragon boat, triathlon, volleyball, wakeboard & waterski, and wushu.

Who's going to SG this June? :D I am! Yay!

PEXers, feel free to post your fearless forecasts (Medal Haul and Final Ranking)

Comments

• AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    feb-17.jpg?w=300&h=225

FOUR OUTSTANDING players from the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) were recently named to the 50-man pool of candidates for the national men’s basketball team that will see action at the 28th Southeast Asian Games from June 5 to 16 this year in Singapore. Reigning Most Valuable Player Samboy de Leon of back-to-back champion Centro Escolar University heads the list along with teammates Joseph Sedurifa and Alvin Abundo and Jayson Ibay of Saint Clare College. READ MORE
  • eycharboieycharboi Smile lang lagi :) PEx Expert 🎖️
    POC sending 400 athletes to Southeast Asian Games in Singapore

The Philippine Olympic Committee has approved 400 Filipino athletes in 33 sports for the 28th Southeast Asian Games in Singapore.

http://sports.inquirer.net/174159/poc-sending-400-athletes-to-southeast-asian-games-in-singapore

Bakit parang walang men's volleyball team? :(

Now with Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia that are sure to lead the medal tally this June, Singapore is surely beefing up it's contingent in the SEA Games. I've read news articles in Singapore that they are increasing their dependence on foreign athletes with Singaporean blood. Malaysia is also a strong team. Myanmar surely will have to defend it's strong finish in the last edition.
    If we PH team sends a very competitive team, a fifth-place finish is achievable. *cross fingers*
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this will be another bad SEA Games. the POC is under Peping Cojuangco who is prioritizing the sale of the Rizal Memorial Stadium and the ouster of his nephew from the presidency.

he has not done anything to improve Philippine sports and emphasize on hiring fil-foreigner athletes to represent our country instead of developing homegrown athletes.

if the Philippines ends up 6th in the SEA Games ranking, Peping Cojuangco should be fired.

note: the only reason he returned to the Philippine Olympic Committee top seat is because of his nephew, the president.
  • this will be another bad SEA Games. the POC is under Peping Cojuangco who is prioritizing the sale of the Rizal Memorial Stadium and the ouster of his nephew from the presidency.

he has not done anything to improve Philippine sports and emphasize on hiring fil-foreigner athletes to represent our country instead of developing homegrown athletes.

if the Philippines ends up 6th in the SEA Games ranking, Peping Cojuangco should be fired.

note: the only reason he returned to the Philippine Olympic Committee top seat is because of his nephew, the president.

The thing is Cojuangco cannot be fired. By whom? I don't think the Philippine president has the powers to give the POC president the boot.

I find it funny that of all people, the one heading the P-Noy Resign movement is Peping, the worst POC president of all time. Before calling for P-Noy's ouster, Peping should first look at himself in the mirror (hope it doesn't break). If fact, it would be much better for this country if both P-Noy and Peping step down from their respective posts.

Under the regime of this creature, Philippine sports has turned from bad to worse as evidenced by the country's worst finish in the last 2013. If not for BMX rider Daniel Caluag, who trained by himself in the US, the Philippines could have gone home without a gold in last year's Asian Games in Incheon.

Actually Peping is close to VP Binay and I've read reports that he is eyeing the PSC top post once he steps down as POC head in 2016 should Binay become president of the republic. :socool:
    Nice mother_lili...Been waiting for your fearless forecast for this event!

On the other hand, here are some PH swimmers to watch out for:

Chloe Isleta : 16 y/o. She's got 1 Senior Swimming National Record and 2 Junior National Swimming Records.
    Imelda Corazon Wistey- Summa ***** Laude at Iowa State U. She broke 1 PH record in 50m women's breastroke last February.

They will swim for medals ( I do hope they get loads of gold medals!!) along with Jasmine Alkhaldi, Joshua Hall, Jessi Lacuna, Hannah Dato, and Roxanne Yu. 4 more swimmers have yet to be determined but already have slots in the PH contingent.
  • When the LVPI already have is recognition from the AVC and the FIVB itself.

The big question: Paano na ang Amihan at Bagwis Pilipinas na halatang ginastusan at pinaghandaan na mabuti ng PVF at PLDT?

Sana man lang, payagan sila na makalaro sa SEA Games.
  • Wala akong pakialam sa volleyball even basketball pagdating sa SEA Games / Olympics / Asiads.

No. of medals ang labanan dito. masaya na ako na mabawi ng PH ang 6th place finish, sana matalo ang Myanmar.

Huling SEA Games na ito under PNoy. sa termino nya lalong nabaon ang PH Sports.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this will be another bad SEA Games. the POC is under Peping Cojuangco who is prioritizing the sale of the Rizal Memorial Stadium and the ouster of his nephew from the presidency.

although peping is a trapo kaya ayoko sa kanya

pero the reason nga kaya bagsak ang POC ay dahil sa sigalot nila ni PNoy

look at how limited the budget is... iyong nakaraang palaro, iyong philippine team, mga nakamaong lang, the other countries wore something that will represent their country

there was a reason kaya nag-away itong dalawang ito, i think dahil binaypass ni PNoy si Peping, ayan dahil sa away kamag-anak/pulitika, nadamay ang sports

mula noon hangang ngayon, ang philippine sports ay apektado ng pulitika/corruption

i lived in SG for a long time, they are not even athletic and are not tall, mga tao dun, kayang bugbugin ng mga pinoy, yet mas madami pa silang medal sa atin
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    saan meron billiards, bmx at dragon boat events. sure win events for the filipinos.

will we be sending a football team?
  • bootsguybootsguy PEx Rookie ⭐
    If you can bring me there then I will go...
  • Wow! June talaga? Nakakapanibago lang.
    450 athletes na ang ipapadala including Men's Basketball, Volleyball (Men's and Women's), pati Men's Football.
    Kasama rin ang badminton yay!
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    as long as we win basketball and boxing golds..
    any other sport can go [#]uck[/#] itself in the @ss.
  • ^
    typical mentality ng mga non-sense, uncompetitive Filipinos...

Buti na lang the Thais, Vietsnamese, Indonesians, Malaysians, etc. are there to win the overall championship, and nothing else.

Pinoys ang least competitive na lahi talaga sa ASEAN. No wonder, napag-iiwanan sa lahat ng bagay ang Pilipinas.
    Kase nalulunod palagi sa kalahating basong tubig.
  • Noong 2005 SEA Games... walang basketball.

Pero as proven, wala syang kawalan sa SEA Games.

To date, PH is no. 7, from no. 2/3 in the late 70s to early 90s.

Patunay ito na laging napag-iiwanan ang Pilipinas... at proud na proud pa ang mga Pinoy na napag-iiwanan... dahil itinataas daw ng Diyos ang mga naapi...
  • I had my assessment last night...

Thailand - will win 82-101 gol medals.
    Singapore - 75-92 gold medals
    Vietnam - 61-78 gold medals
    Malaysia - 34-49 gold medals
    Indonesia - 32-51 gold medals
    Philippines - 30-44 gold medals
    Myanman - 15-25 gold medals.

Ang hirap i-predict kase andaming new events, at marami ding nawalang events - like around 12 golds sa cycling, karate and Judo, Weightlifting at wrestling, tanggal lahat. Kaya kawawa ang Vietnam at Malaysia dito. of course affected din ang Thailand kase nag-eexcel sila sa lahat ng sports.

Yung mga bago - andaming Sailing at water skiing - so SG, Indonesia at Thailand ang makikinabang dito.

Unless mag-excel sa Gymnastics at fencing ang Vietnam like nung 2011, makakalapit sila sa SG/Thailand na maglalaban for overall championship. else, distant 3rd talaga sila.
  • ricksinz wrote: »
    Wow! June talaga? Nakakapanibago lang.

June lagi ginaganap ang SEA Games kapag SG ang host. Nung 2012 pa nila inannounce na June ito gagawin so walang surprise dito.
  • eycharboi wrote: »
    450 athletes na ang ipapadala including Men's Basketball, Volleyball (Men's and Women's), pati Men's Football.

Never pang nanalo ang women's basketball ng gold... lagi silang 2nd or 3rd, minsan 4th pa. this means napag-iiwanan talaga ang women's basketball sa ASEAN.
    Patunay ito na selective ang PH sports kaya hindi umuunlad ang sports dito.
  • eycharboi wrote: »
    saan meron billiards, bmx at dragon boat events. sure win events for the filipinos.

will we be sending a football team?

1-2 gold medals for billiards. the rest will be contested by Thailand, Myanmar and host, singapore.

Walang BMX as I read (hope I am wrong). 6 events lang ang cycling, mostly road races.

dragon Boat - will be swept by Myanmar. Indoensia and Thaland ang major contender nila. But PH can ull off a surprise 1-2 gold finish.