TWITTER HANDLE: @_beadel

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @_beadel
  • JunreyCioJunreyCio Thee Wrecker PExer
    Thread for Bae!!! :love:
  • Bea, the rising star
  • elhyelhy PAPATAYIN KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!! PExer
    malakas ang chance niya for ROY.
  • karahasankarahasan Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Out of curiosity, is she related to the Paras family (i.e. the family of Benjie Paras)?
    BIRTH DATE: AUGUST 2, 1996

...I feel old now. REALLY old.
  • aleatoricwriteraleatoricwriter uh-huh 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    SO CUTE THO

QAYAW1h.png
    ECxmB4z.png
  • ILovePandayILovePanday Member ✭✭✭
    BDL FTW...grabe can't wait sa start ng 2nd round kung ano pa kaya niyang ibigay..unti unti yung blocking nya medyo potent na
  • PinoyMeisterPinoyMeister Chocolate Man PExer
    SO CUTE THO

QAYAW1h.png
    ECxmB4z.png

Dubs fan pala si Bea! :D
  • immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn 🥇 Eagle Captain
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/02/19/15/surprise-starter-de-leon-comes-big-ateneo

Surprise starter De Leon comes up big for Ateneo

By Camille B. Naredo, ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 02/19/2015 1:19 PM

deleon-020315.jpg
    Bea De Leon. Photo by Arvin Lim, ABS-CBN Sports

MANILA, Philippines – When it was announced early February that Ateneo rookie Bea de Leon had suffered a finger injury during practice, there were conflicting reports as to how much time she was going to miss.

Initial reports suggested that she would miss at least three weeks; some said four to six. As it turned out, De Leon was out for a little over two weeks, missed only two games, and returned with a vengeance just when Ateneo needed her most.

The 5-foot-11 rookie was a surprise starter for the Lady Eagles in their final game of the elimination round against rivals La Salle, and despite having the fingers of her left hand heavily taped, she came through with a solid game – 11 points including three blocks.

She played in all four sets to help lift the defending champions to a 25-20, 21-25, 25-23, and 27-25 win, which allowed them to sweep the elimination round and earn an outright Finals berth.

"S'yempre, na-miss ko rin," said De Leon, who had been having a splendid rookie season before she suffered her injury during practice. "I was really happy to be back, so I guess that played a big factor."

"Sabi din kasi ni Coach Tai (Bundit), if you play happy, we win. So 'yun, siguro adrenaline na lang rin, kasi I was really eager to go back. S'yempre, I didn't want to end the season tapos finger lang 'yung injury. 'Di ba, parang medyo sad," she added.

De Leon suffered an open dislocation on her left index finger while trying to block an attack from fellow rookie Maddie Madayag during a drill. "(It was an) accident," she said of the incident.

De Leon opted not to have surgery on her finger, and instead only got stitches and therapy.

"If I had surgery, I would have been out for sure," she said. "So pinilit ko na hindi."

She rested for two weeks and missed their games against Far Eastern University and University of the East. The night before the game against La Salle, she was cleared to play – but only found out during game day itself that she was going to see action.

"I didn't know until today that I was playing," she revealed. "Kahapon, it was confirmed na pwede ako maglaro, pero today, noong tinawag ako, doon ko nalaman na maglalaro ako."

De Leon says she is not yet at a hundred percent, and that she still felt pain during the game although the adrenaline of finally being in action once more certainly helped.

Her strong play against La Salle drew her praise from skipper Alyssa Valdez, who commended De Leon's hard work in training even though she was injured.

"Kahit ganyan 'yan, nag-training pa rin, pumupunta pa rin 'yan sa training. So I think she deserves (everything). I mean, lahat ng nakikita natin, pinaghirapan niya 'yun eh. So ibigay talaga natin kay Bea," said Valdez.

Valdez also revealed that aside from De Leon's contribution on offense and defense, the rookie's enthusiasm also helps lift the Lady Eagles' spirits inside the court.

"Sobrang laki ng nako-contribute niya, not only sa points. Even pag nakikita mo 'yung reactions niya inside the court, parang lahat kami nabubuhayan. Parang, 'Bea, relax ka lang.' She's really hard-working, she's really good. Lahat ng qualities ng isang player na gugustuhin mo, na kay Bea talaga," she said.

De Leon will get more time to recover from her injury as Ateneo is set to get at least a two-week break while they wait for their opponent in the Finals.

The former Poveda standout admitted it still has not sunk in that they swept the elimination round – a first for the Ateneo women's volleyball team.

"Sobrang 'di kami makapaniwala," she said. "'Yung mindset namin ever game, hindi namin alam kung mananalo kami o hindi. As in, kahit sinong team, wala kaming sinabi na 'sure na to.' Never talaga."

"Sobrang kabado kami going into the court today. We had no idea what was gonna happen. And sobrang grabe pa rin talaga ngLa Salle, sobrang galing nila," she added.

"Sobrang saya lang ng feeling ko. Sobrang blessed na the hard work that we went through ever since summer in training, it paid off din naman."
    BATCHMATES! :love: :D

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]1509852_875938785785614_9178559869600998869_n.jpg?oh=b46bf6bfdbe989d57b4382453c7d52e5&oe=5591BD4D[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • izycool_blueizycool_blue Retard Fan Alert PExer
    you're the man bea. opted for stitches and therapy para hindi mamiss ang season na ito 💪💪💪
    s3FuBnS.jpg
  • lucarns_0613lucarns_0613 Eagles FTW!!!! 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Cute ng mga stars sa thread title badmike. Haha!

Beadel : The future of Ateneo volleyball pati na face ng Yuap volleyball. Such a blessing :D

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
    Bea de Leon on ROY snub: No problem. I’m a champion!
    by Rivals PH on March 14, 2015

MANILA — The once awkward rookie is now a UAAP champion.

True to her words that she would take the title over any individual awards, Ateneo de Manila University freshman Bea de Leon is now basking in the glory of being the UAAP Season 77 women’s volleyball tournament champion.

Sweeping the mighty De La Salle University squad in the series, the lady Eagles successfully defended the crown, bagging their second consecutive gold in the seniors division.

“It’s undescribable. Sobrang speechless ko. Sobrang thankful ko. Siyempre thank you sa Kanya. Sobrang thank you. ‘Yun lang talaga.” said the five-foot-11 middle blocker.

Coming back strong from an injury prior to the start of the semifinals, de Leon played an inspired performance for the Katipunan squad, firing off 10 points matching the output of Michelle Morente and Amy Ahomiro.

On still playing through pain, “Yeah, I was still playing through pain. But wala nang choice.”

“I just did it for my team. For my family. Sobrang inspiration ko sila,” she added. “Sa mga seniors ko, sila Ate Ella, sila Ate Yel at Ate Den. For them talaga. For all my teammates.”

The steady and veteran-like performance of the Poveda alumna, though, was not enough to notch her this year’s Rookie of the Year award.

To this, she says, “That’s no problem. I am a champion!”

“Sobrang deserve na deserve nila ‘yun. Sobrang galing nila.” shared de Leon, talking about fellow rookies Kathleen Arado and EJ Laure.

Enjoying the view atop the penthouse after sweeping the entire tournament, de Leon hopes the blessings don’t end her.

“I don’t know. I just hope better things come. I just pray for the best.” she said.

On what she intends to do now that the collegiate wars are over, she closed by saying, “Yes! Yes! Yes, yes, yes! I intend to rest!”

rivals.ph
    ifinalize niyo na please kung 5' 11" or 6' 1" ba talaga siya :lol:
  • libbie414libbie414 Member ✭✭
    Monster Rookie! Great job! *okay*
    the real Rookie of the Year! :naughty: oops... :hiya:
  • QUBEQUBE Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Hello Bea! After Charo Soriano and Gretchen Ho, i think i found my next fave player!

I really like your passion in playing. You're also wearing my fave number.

Good luck next year! Even if they did not give you the ROY, we know in our hearts you deserve it.
    the real Rookie of the Year! :naughty: oops... :hiya:

Sino nagsasabi kung sino deserving? fans?

girl (I'm looking at you, girl na nakapink o peach ba yun), it's the subjective part kung may dating ba o hindi ang isang player.

Kung stats lang, pwede na siguro sina Laure and BDL. Pero kung bet mo ba o hindi ang isang player, iyun ang ibig naming sabihin na feeling namin hindi deserving si ganito o ganire.

Wala rin namang pinagkaiba kung sasabihin na hindi deserving si Valdez na MVP if that's what floats your boat.

P.S. Hindi lang ako agree na mang bash sa tao sa Twitter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file