Home PEx Family and Society Parenting 101

How Do You Talk to Kids about Sex?

How old should the child be?

Pareho ba approach when talking to boys and girls?

Should it be both parents o one at a time?
«1

Comments

  • Mga 10 taon nakakauunawa na sila. Pag-usapan ninyo ang responsibilidad na kasama ng sex; e.g., kapag kumantoot ka baka mabuntis/makabuntis ka at masisira ang buhay mo kung hindi ka handa.

    Hindi dapat mahirap pag-usapan ito.... :glee:
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mga 10 taon nakakauunawa na sila. Pag-usapan ninyo ang responsibilidad na kasama ng sex; e.g., kapag kumantoot ka baka mabuntis/makabuntis ka at masisira ang buhay mo kung hindi ka handa.

    Hindi dapat mahirap pag-usapan ito.... :glee:

    Paano kung hindi pa ten years old nagtatanong na?
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS, iba iba approach ng magulang, what may seem all right with me may not be for you because we have different ways of rearing kids.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How old should the child be?

    Pareho ba approach when talking to boys and girls?

    Should it be both parents o one at a time?

    I don't believe, for one, that you should talk about sex in just one sitting. It's not like you pull him/.her in a room and have "the talk". It depends on the child's age.
  • Mga 10 taon nakakauunawa na sila. Pag-usapan ninyo ang responsibilidad na kasama ng sex; e.g., kapag kumantoot ka baka mabuntis/makabuntis ka at masisira ang buhay mo kung hindi ka handa.

    Hindi dapat mahirap pag-usapan ito.... :glee:

    Like Zep_Tepi said, what if a young child say 7 starts asking questions?
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    I don't believe, for one, that you should talk about sex in just one sitting. It's not like you pull him/.her in a room and have "the talk". It depends on the child's age.

    Could you be more specific?
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Could you be more specific?

    First of all parents should take the initiative. Meaning, I won't wait for the child to ask, but instead teach him / her about sex and sexuality in stages.

    You can bring the topic up when the child is looking at a baby or sees a pregnant woman. If the child asks of course you should take advantage of the opportunity.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    As to when, it's best when they're young. Kids even those as young as 5 will ask questions about where they come from or what birth is, etc. However your answer should be limited to what the child can comprehend. There's no point going into details if they're too young to understand.

    For young children, you can start by letting them know the names of their private parts.

    At the same time, keep in mind that your answer has to depend on the child's age. If your 5 year old asks "where did I come from?" Just say "you came from mama's body."

    But if the question was asked by your 9 year old, you can provide more details, i.e., that women have a uterus where babies grow and then come out from the vagina.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS what I'm driving at here is you should use an age related approach when it comes to talking about sex. The same principle is used in schools to teach us about science, math, language. We start with the basics, and once they have an understanding of the fundamentals you can proceed to the more complex aspects of sex and sexual relationships.
  • Sex seems like an awkward subject to talk about. Sometimes even couples have trouble talking about it, lalo na kung bata kausap.

    So dapat magulang mag initiate ng conversation? Hindi ba dapat i explain na lang pag nagtanong yung bata?
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    Paano kung hindi pa ten years old nagtatanong na?

    Magbigay ka ng tanong ng musmos at sasagutin ko.... :glee:
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Magbigay ka ng tanong ng musmos at sasagutin ko.... :glee:

    "Daddy san ako galing?"
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sex seems like an awkward subject to talk about. Sometimes even couples have trouble talking about it, lalo na kung bata kausap.

    So dapat magulang mag initiate ng conversation? Hindi ba dapat i explain na lang pag nagtanong yung bata?

    To answer your second question first, yes, it's better if kids learn about sex from parents rather than from classmates or other sources that could give them the wrong ideas.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes it is uncomfortable for many, regardless the age of the child. However, it's not something you can sweep under the rug.

    It could help if you admit the fact that talking about sex is awkward, but it's something you must talk about because it's important. This is something you can discuss with older children because they'll be curious.
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    Yes it is uncomfortable for many, regardless the age of the child. However, it's not something you can sweep under the rug.

    It could help if you admit the fact that talking about sex is awkward, but it's something you must talk about because it's important. This is something you can discuss with older children because they'll be curious.

    So how does the conversation go? Do you tell him/her ganito ganyan? How would you actually do it, like what exact words do you say?
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    So how does the conversation go? Do you tell him/her ganito ganyan? How would you actually do it, like what exact words do you say?

    As I pointed out before, take into consideration the age of the child and how he/she can understand. Also, try to stick to the facts and listen to their views as well. This has to be a conversation, not a sermon. You must listen or ask their views esp.older kids so you will know if they have misapprehensions.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's also important to consider and remember that you were once a child too. Try to understand why he / she might think this way and correct whatever misconceptions there are.
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My point is that for any conversation about sex to work, you have to develop trust. When there's trust your child will feel more comfortable and open about the subject. And the best way to build trust is to talk and listen. It shouldn't just be you and your wife. It has to be a two-way street.
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    "Daddy san ako galing?"

    "Anak, pinagkaloob ka sa amin ng Diyos!"

    Ano sa tingin mo ang sagot ko? :glee:
  • Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    My point is that for any conversation about sex to work, you have to develop trust. When there's trust your child will feel more comfortable and open about the subject. And the best way to build trust is to talk and listen. It shouldn't just be you and your wife. It has to be a two-way street.

    Sometimes it's hard to determine what to say and what not because kids today... you don't how much they already know lol
Sign In or Register to comment.