Home PEx Sports Football
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

2015 AFC Asian Cup In Australia

Hey guys whats your bet on this coming AFC Cup In Australia? It's just Sad Philippines wasn't In it but being a football fan with this teams competing Australia, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Uzbekistan, China (outside GCC)in GCC: Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Iran, Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq, Palestine What team are you predicting to win? The Team that wins this tourney is gonna go on and compete to FIFA 2017 the Holy Grail of football so i guess its gonna be exciting. Wish Philippines will be here soon. Continental Tyres was one of the sponsors [#]ContinentalTyresAFC[/#] By the way. Here ill show you the team brackets..

2prh4xx.jpg

Comments

• PorferioKabisigPorferioKabisig PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Japan will win it.

Dont know what it is with Middle Eastern countries... they seem to be formidable but they are easy to break down.
  • -SNPKLSDMBLDR--SNPKLSDMBLDR- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kasali dapat tayo dyan...

di pa rin maka move on. :lol:
  • lol no ASEAN teams who poured all of their national budgets to football for nothing. :glee:

considering the azkals were ASEAN's last great hope to qualify here :naughty:
  • markinhomarkinho PEx Rookie ⭐
    it should be the philippines in palestine slot! grrrrr... :D
  • Kung 24 teams ang AFC Asian Cup this year, may makakapasok bang ASEAN team?
    1 berth for host
    3 berths for top 3 last tourney
    4 berths from last 2 AFC Challenge Cups
    16 berths from regular qualifying

1 berth for host
    = is AUS an ASEAN team? :glee:

3 berths for top 3 last tourney
    = Asang may ASEAN team dito. :lol:

4 berths from last 2 AFC Challenge Cups
    = finalists make it because i'm an azkals homeboy :lol:

16 berths from regular qualifying: Top 3 per group, plus best last placed team:
    A = SIN 3 pts -13
    B = THA 0 pts -14
    C = INA 1 pt -6
    D = MAS (3rd)
    E = VIE 3 pts -10

Ergo, PHI, MAS and VIE make it. :glee:
  • PorferioKabisigPorferioKabisig PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kung ang Israel hindi bigyan ng visa ang Palestinians pwede kaya mapunta na lang sa Pilipinas ang slot?
  • ^ Hindi pwede na sa Jordan sila dumaan kung nasa West Bank silang lahat?

Pero kung may taga-Gaza mahihirapan sila :evilgrin:
  • nosferatujoenosferatujoe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    move on na tayo. para sa susunod na asian cup, ayusin na lang natin sa qualification. dahil zonal ang magiging paraan, mas may magandang chance tayo na makatapat ang mga east asian. siguradong walang middle east at south asians. panalangin na lang natin sa magandang group tayo at maganda ang magiging result ng bawat laban. and please, ibigay na ang japan sa groupings natin. kahit yun lang. hahahaa!
  • sa tingin nyo makakapasok na ang mga ASEAN teams sa next qualifying cycle? mas staked ang west asia sa magagaling na teams, so mas may pag-asa na talaga ang ASEAN teams na ang makakalaban ang mga East Asian teams at hindi naman sila madami (JPN, KOR, PRK, CHN) + AUS. Sure nang may makakasingit na ASEAN teams lol.
    mga 2-3 asean teams 'yan sa susunod na asian cup. mas balanse na ang qualification kahit papaano.
  • krazykrazy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Is SEA football that bad that the AFC has to expand the Asian Cup to 24 participants just so that SEA has a chance to qualify?:lol::bop:

In my opinion, they should keep it at the current 16 teams: tournaments like these really should be "best of the best" only and adding more participants just dilutes the value of the tournament by adding participants that shouldn't be there in the first place. If SEA teams can't qualify on the current format, then they should take a long, hard look at improving the quality of their football rather than wait for the AFC to lower the standards by expanding it to 24 teams.
  • I have examine your post but ITestking LX0-101 dumps think there should be more comments about the topic that has been originally started so that the pool of thoughts can be acquired. Hope you understand. Regards.
  • krazy wrote: »
    Is SEA football that bad that the AFC has to expand the Asian Cup to 24 participants just so that SEA has a chance to qualify?:lol::bop:

In my opinion, they should keep it at the current 16 teams: tournaments like these really should be "best of the best" only and adding more participants just dilutes the value of the tournament by adding participants that shouldn't be there in the first place. If SEA teams can't qualify on the current format, then they should take a long, hard look at improving the quality of their football rather than wait for the AFC to lower the standards by expanding it to 24 teams.

this expansion is about money. there's a lot of POTENTIAL money in ASEAN that won't be tapped because the national teams here are sucky despite all of the national coffers poured into this sport.

and to this "football is built for southeast asian bodies". you don't need height right? what BS :lol:

to think Asian football is so bad, they shouldn't have to expand to 24. only europe can claim that their talent pool is too deep to have 24 national teams playing. CONMEBOL can also expand to 24 teams if they split up argentina and brazil. :glee:
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Gambatte Nippon!!!
    lahat naman ng sports money motivated, someone from another country gets to play in a popular league in a foreign country in the hopes of gaining more fans/merchandise sales, etc. I think it's a logical decision to increase the number of teams in the hopes of increasing the level of competition. A weak team won't last long and a supposedly strong team should not be worried. syempre dapat may sense at even yung grouping hindi yung magkakasama sa isang group ang stronger teams tapos may group for weaker teams na ginawa lang for the sake of having a strong and weak team meet. teams should earn their way up the competition.

teams won't improve in the international level kung sila sila lang ang magkakalaban in a regional/geographic group, dapat may exposure din from other stronger teams from other regions. of course that won't happen overnight and won't produce instant results. medyo mababa pa rin ang level of competition sa ASEAN since kakaunti lang kalaban. may false sense of accomplishment, nagiging complacent ang dating. not to mention may corruption din na nangyayari. this is even true to all sports in general not just football.

also football is not built/suitable just for a certain geographic/ethnic or whatever group, everyone can excel in the sport. plus height is not really an advantage or disadvantage either.
  • lahat naman ng sports money motivated, someone from another country gets to play in a popular league in a foreign country in the hopes of gaining more fans/merchandise sales, etc. I think it's a logical decision to increase the number of teams in the hopes of increasing the level of competition. A weak team won't last long and a supposedly strong team should not be worried. syempre dapat may sense at even yung grouping hindi yung magkakasama sa isang group ang stronger teams tapos may group for weaker teams na ginawa lang for the sake of having a strong and weak team meet. teams should earn their way up the competition.

teams won't improve in the international level kung sila sila lang ang magkakalaban in a regional/geographic group, dapat may exposure din from other stronger teams from other regions. of course that won't happen overnight and won't produce instant results. medyo mababa pa rin ang level of competition sa ASEAN since kakaunti lang kalaban. may false sense of accomplishment, nagiging complacent ang dating. not to mention may corruption din na nangyayari. this is even true to all sports in general not just football.

also football is not built/suitable just for a certain geographic/ethnic or whatever group, everyone can excel in the sport. plus height is not really an advantage or disadvantage either.

i could understand money motivations, but for athletic motivations i dunno if this is the right way to do this. the AFC Asian Cup is infrequent -- once every four years -- i dunno if this competition could lessen the gap between the strong and weak teams. perhaps opening up the club competitions is the answer. the thing is, the AFC keeps the AFC Champions League closed. The Indos even have to sue at CAS to get a playoff berth! :lol: it's a good bet that increasing the number of teams in this competition won't increase the level of competitiveness amongst the weaker nations.

if we'd have crappy teams and strong teams together, it could lead to an ugly tournament. blowouts aren't pretty. i don't think anyone wants that. crappy teams won't learn from that.

as for your last paragraph, well, people have been saying for the longest time that football is the sport for ASEAN -- Filipino -- people. apparently there's no height advantage here. but we all saw that "no height advantage" crap wasn't true at all when all but 1 ASEAN teams made it out of the group stages in 2007. even the ESPN Star commentators took notice of this. remember michael weiss? when the german guys trained cute pinoy youngsters, they IMMEDIATELY threw the air game out of the window, as pinoys are too short. let's get that "no height advantage" crap out of the way.

oh off topic na.
    forecast on how the teams would end up:
    A -- KOR AUS KUW OMA (this group is stacked)]
    B -- KSA PRK UZB CHN
    C -- IRI QAT BHR UAE
    D -- JPN JOR IRQ PLE
    does anyone here have the result noong naging four-country host 'yung malaysia/indonesia/singapore/thailand ng asia cup? mukhang okay naman ang result nila during the group stages. may impossibility ba na hindi nila kayang tapatan ang middle east team?
  • does anyone here have the result noong naging four-country host 'yung malaysia/indonesia/singapore/thailand ng asia cup? mukhang okay naman ang result nila during the group stages. may impossibility ba na hindi nila kayang tapatan ang middle east team?
    Wikipedia

all except vietnam failed to progress to the knockout stage:
    THA finished 3rd
    MAS finished last
    INA finished 3rd
    VIE lost to IRQ (which won the title) 2-0 in the QF.

INA had the best chance outside VIE. INA vs KOR was (one of) the final group match(es). Bambang was at his peak then and KOR was struggling to score goals. KOR did to Bambang what azkals opponents are doing to PYH and bambang didn't score.

MAS was especially bad in this tourney.

THA lost out to AUS via GD, thanks to a 0-4 massacre vs AUS on the final group match.

SIN wasn't a host and didn't qualify by a very big margin.
    i could understand money motivations, but for athletic motivations i dunno if this is the right way to do this. the AFC Asian Cup is infrequent -- once every four years -- i dunno if this competition could lessen the gap between the strong and weak teams. perhaps opening up the club competitions is the answer. the thing is, the AFC keeps the AFC Champions League closed. The Indos even have to sue at CAS to get a playoff berth! :lol: it's a good bet that increasing the number of teams in this competition won't increase the level of competitiveness amongst the weaker nations.

if we'd have crappy teams and strong teams together, it could lead to an ugly tournament. blowouts aren't pretty. i don't think anyone wants that. crappy teams won't learn from that.

as for your last paragraph, well, people have been saying for the longest time that football is the sport for ASEAN -- Filipino -- people. apparently there's no height advantage here. but we all saw that "no height advantage" crap wasn't true at all when all but 1 ASEAN teams made it out of the group stages in 2007. even the ESPN Star commentators took notice of this. remember michael weiss? when the german guys trained cute pinoy youngsters, they IMMEDIATELY threw the air game out of the window, as pinoys are too short. let's get that "no height advantage" crap out of the way.

It remains to be seen if increasing participants for the Asian Cup will also improve the level of competition but in the mean time I like that AFC is considering doing this although there's also obvious money motivation which all sports do. Improving club competition is also good since teams can also play with/against players from strong football countries.

ASEAN teams needs to play more vs stronger teams be it NT or club football. yung mga nahahari-harian sa ASEAN football before (maybe even now) ay may false sense of accomplishment/superiority within SEA since kaunti lang kalaban nila at hindi pa kagalingan lahat when compared internationally. It's never because we're not tall enough or short in height, and may magagaling na international football players na same lang height ng average person from SEA.
  • TBH I don't see a similar situation that we could compare with to see if expanding the Asian Cup to 24 teams will increase competitiveness. In Europe, when they expanded to 24 teams, the Champions League there has been open to every nation no matter how crappy, and World Cup qualifying doesn't have prelim rounds (the latter works as UEFA has plenty of berths).

As for ASEAN teams, here's the problem: if other countries with same height can make it, when can't ASEAN teams do the same? THA practically sent in an U-23 team and practically romped through the competition, but they can't find a breakthrough in the Asian level. Heck, INA even had Cristian Gonzales before their FA gone apesh!t. This is the comment of the football commentators outside SEA: they're small, so they're easy pickings. That's what they said on the 2007 Asian Cup.

There's no excuse of money as practically the entire sporting budget goes to football, except for the one or two Olympic sports a country is good as (badminton for MAS & INA). I guess the AFC's closure of the AFC Champions League is the culprit. Well, they've opened the AFC Cup (Go Global! :evil:) but it'll be crappy teams against crappy teams so I don't see how would that help the crappy teams.

We can't have UEFA style football qualifying as AFC doesn't have a lot of berths. We've seen ASEAN teams make it to the 1st group stage but fail miserably in all of the times this format has been used. probably 2 more cycles like this and they'd get a breakthrough. Look, ASEAN teams can't even qualify to the AFC Asian Cup. It's much easier for them to qualify to the FIBA Asia Championship thanks to quotas (they still get massacred by Asian level superpowers though). :lol: