Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Palawan, The Most Beautiful Island In The World, Is Sheer Perfection

ArnoldZArnoldZ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
It's always nice to hear others appreciating the beautiful spots in the Philippines. Most Pinoys knw, that for every Palawan there are several dozens more just as beautiful, if not more.
Oh, if only we don't have such greedy politicians, maybe those other beautiful places can be made more accessible with the money put into buildinh roads and brifges, i nstead of going into the pockets of few politicians!

Palawan, The Most Beautiful Island In The World, Is Sheer Perfection

The Huffington Post | By Carly Ledbetter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/coron-palawan-philippines_n_6193058.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Posted: 11/24/2014 7:00 am EST Updated: 11/24/2014 7:00 am EST

It's hard to believe the Philippines are an under-appreciated tropical travel destination, especially with their extraordinary hiking, diving, beaches and of course -- islands that are THIS beautiful.

And while we'd like to visit every single island in the Philippines, there's one island in particular we're zeroing in on -- Palawan, a hidden piece of paradise that was recently named "The Top Island in the World" by Conde Nast Traveler's Reader Choice Awards.

There, beautiful blue water mixes with emerald green, jungle-filled mountains that appear to rise up from the ocean, and small fishing villages dot the island. Together with its neighboring islands, it creates the Palawan province, aka paradise.

o-CORON-ISLANDS-900.jpg?2

Described as "the last frontier," Palawan has artifacts that date back 50,000 years. The island is accessible by either boat or airplane -- it's about an hour and a half by air from Manila-- although you can also get there from Iloilo and Cebu. Many say the ideal time to head to Palawan is between about October and May, so we suggest booking tickets ASAP.

o-PALAWAN-PHILLIPINES-900.jpg?6

High points include island-hopping around the Bacuit archipelago for the cliffs, sinkholes and lagoons, venturing to Puerto Princesa for its culinary delights and staying in one of Coron's "otherworldly" luxury hotels.

Incredible (and rare) wildlife can be found on the islands, from purple crabs and Philippine mouse-deer to Philippine pangolin and beautiful butterflies. Just be sure to avoid the creepy-looking Palawan bearcat at night.

We suggest heading into the water and going below the surface. Palawan has some of the best spots to scuba dive in the world -- barracuda-filled shipwrecks, for example, line the bottom of Coron Bay.

o-PALAWAN-PHILLIPPINES-900.jpg?1

If diving sounds too scary, try a tour of Palawan's subterranean river (which UNESCO calls "one of the most unique" in the world) or take a bangka boat to travel between the islands.

Once you're back on land, hop on a "tricycle," one of the preferred methods of transportation on Palawan. We're pretty sure that after all the biking, swimming and exploring you'll do -- you'll never want to leave.

Comments

• neinsagerneinsager PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm making my second trip to Palawan in 2 weeks and I can't wait to be back. From what I've been reading medyo nasa-start na ma-pollute ang El Nido (nooooooooo!!!!) and Coron due to the release of raw sewage into the sea. Sayang naman. Baka di magalaon maging parang Boracay na lumot invested. Sana gawan nila ng paraan to. Magtulungan ang gobyerno at private sector na gawan nang paraan ang sewage treatment.
  • Kami naman sa Jan 6 to 10 2015, ang punta ng coron.

First time makakapunta ng palawan.

Na inlove kasi ako sa picture ng kayangan lake... I wanna see that in person..
  • Will be in Coron also soon!!!

Forget the government, the criminals and street kids/people in Manila (who make you feel you are required to give them 10 pesos every day) and the people who voted Nancy Binay. Go to Palawan and enjoy!
  • Plantation BoyPlantation Boy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    One of these days I'll be there wearing a personalized PEx (Palawan Exchange) t-shirt! Don't forget to say Hi!
  • lans2gtlans2gt PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    just got there last week.. super ganda talaga.. then besides the views and nature.. mababait tao sa Coron :)
  • BusilakBusilak PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Been to Puerto Princesa and Coron. Both are beautiful.

I always have mixed feelings when our islands are publicized. Tourism might spoil them. Boracay was so pristine when I went there the first time. Now it's so "public" and commercialized.
  • Phil E. BusterPhil E. Buster PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm sure there are several dozens more of other places in the Philippines that are just as beautiful bur they are as yet not discovered by the general populace due to the fact that they are ot easily accessible.
    If the Philippines remained as a colony of the United States, Philippines might have been developed in similar manner as Hawaii if not better.
  • laarnilaarni PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was in Hawaii in 2012. I don't know about others but I did not find Hawaii that beautiful. There are lots of homeless people as well. The beaches are not that white and they're so coarse, they hurt my feet.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    maganda talaga sa palawan that is for sure, walang sinabi diyan mga beaches ng us/europe/and some parts of asia, no match talaga

iyon nga lang, macoconvert ba iyon sa pera/kaginhawaan ng mga pinoy? singapore walang agriculture, walang kwenta ang beach, pero mga saging na kinakain nila, mga hipon na kinakain nila ang lalaki, export quality

sayang din ang mga palawan na yan, kung hindi magtratranslate sa busog na juan
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Very few countries can surpass or match our beaches.

Whats important is the preservation.

Some of those mayors and governors are such opportunists.

Pinagkakakitaan ng administrasyon nila ang pagagawad ng mga permit para magtayo ng negosyo at bahay ang mga tao dun pa mismo sa beach.

Governors should limit the immgration of people into their islands, dapat italagang protected national parks and sanctuaries ang mga magagandang lugar sa pinas

Para di magmukhang house colony gaya ng baguio and some areas of puerto galera.

Kulang tayo sa conservation and preservation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file