Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Low Budget Wedding Reception in Makati or near Makati?

Budget is 12-20k. Small group of maximum 20 people (I'm not expecting many people....possibly even 10 or 12). Maybe rent a small room for 1-2 hours or less. Catering, food (catering if possible), simple decoration. I'm not expecting to pay too much on a simple reception. I've read some people pay as much s 60k, which is way too much for me. The big wedding will be next year in the church and I will have support from the family to pay for it. This year will be civil wedding.

So far, I've been recommended to check out Max's, Oakwood in Ortigas, and Romulos in Jupiter. Any more suggestions? I called Romulos and they told me 18k.

Max's is 23k for 30 people. Oakwood is around 1.7k per person for 10 people (depending on the menu you choose). Romulus is 18k for up to 25 people. Looking for the lowest rates. Thanks.

Comments

• have you tried inquiring on the use of the function rooms of decent service apartments like fraser place or somerset?

or if not , those 3 star hotels in the area like St Giles...
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Kung Romulo's eh 18K for 25 people, good deal na yan! *okay*
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The building behind northpark in makati ave cor kalayaan, i forgot the name, offers their penthouse as a function room. Mura lang dun. Try inquiring there.
  • compwiz02compwiz02 PEx Rookie ⭐
    ka_deniz wrote: »
    The building behind northpark in makati ave cor kalayaan, i forgot the name, offers their penthouse as a function room. Mura lang dun. Try inquiring there.

The restaurant is called Mongkok (from what my fiance can recall) and the food/service was not all that good. NextDoor (across the street on Makati Ave) had better service.
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mongkok is the restaurant at the ground flr. The buikding has a name. Regines yata. I forgot. And hindi mongkok ang nagseserve sa penthouse. The have their own catering.

The service and food are not only not good, but downright atrocious. Pero mura hanap niya. Kung pwede lang nga sa rufos na lang eh.

Pero pwede ka yata magpa cater sa iba.
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I suggest you go to ALBA's buffet at Polaris Jupiter makati.

Nice place, great value, great food and don't bother with all the bull of what other people will think. It's your reception and no one should tell you what they want to happen in the reception (ala caartehan?).
    vincex wrote: »
    I suggest you go to ALBA's buffet at Polaris Jupiter makati.

Nice place, great value, great food and don't bother with all the bull of what other people will think. It's your reception and no one should tell you what they want to happen in the reception (ala caartehan?).

Do they have a facebook page or cellphone # that I can contact? Also, I haven't read any blogs or article reviews on ALBA offering wedding receptions. Do they offer Filipino food or just Spanish?
    They have a spanish buffet. You don't necessarily have to arrange it like a formal reception. I think doing so will be a waste of time. You can reserve the whole upper part, have a sumptuous buffet, and arrange your own program. Weddings and receptions are over rated. Your commitment and decisions are more important.
    Hi all, the place we chose was Lourdes Suites which is connected to Mongkok. They have multiple function rooms in their hotel. We were on the second floor. Ordered 2 sets of food. 1 set was good for 8 people for around 2,150. Great deal and great food. Simple decoration. They had the staff cater food to us. They also had music playing, which was optional. Our second option was Jade Garden which also has multiple function rooms but is a bit more pricey and does not offer multiple small tables for small groups of people and was a bit far from city hall. Jade Garden offers multiple meal sets good for 12 or more people. The price is 9k and above. Fancy place but not really flexible.
    Really? 2k for 8pax? Wow.
    I hope the volume is sufficient, if not the quality.
    Where is this place located?
    The food was great. No complaints. The staff will divide the food up for everyone. If any extra food needs to be cooked, you will be charged a little bit but overall we had no problems.

Not sure exactly where it is located but if you walk around the Red Light District in Makati Ave near all the restaurants, you will eventually find Mongkok. It's on one of the streets intersecting Makati Ave. Go to Mongkok or Lourdes Suites (which is next to Mongkok) and inquire about their function rooms.