Home PEx Sports The NCAA Tourney

10/15/2014: SAN BEDA Red Lions (1) vs UPHSD Altas (4) (Semis Game 1)

pepsipunkpepsipunk 👁 PBB Loyalist
I guess, it's about time to make some predictions and game threads about the NCAA, especially the Final Four!

First-seed and 4-time consecutive NCAA Basketball Champions, San Beda Red Lions, face the UPHSD Altas!

These guys will meet in the Final Four for the third consecutive year, with San Beda always getting the upper hand against the Perps. Will the Perps finally notch a win against the Mendiola-based squad and force a do-or-die, or will the defending champions strengthen their 5-peat bid and go to the finals?

Discuss the game here!

VENUE: Mall of Asia Arena
DATE: October 15, 2014
TIME: TBA

Comments

• pepsipunkpepsipunk 👁 PBB Loyalist
    Perps by 4. Beda will always have a monster game, then lose again, tapos monster game uli. They did it against Letran, AU and CSB. Lose muna sila dito, then they will beat the Perps in the do-or-die.

The trio of Arboleda, Thompson and Baloria are enough to contain the Mendiola-based squad.

Composure of the Red Lions can be also a big factor, but since experience of the Perps are okay, this will be agood fight.
  • ylle45ylle45 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    I also think Pepetual will win this game ibang story na sa friday if ever.
  • The Red Lions will have their hands full in containing Thompson, Baloria and Arboleda. Oh I failed to mention Julancob and Alano. This Altas is a much deeper and experienced team compared to this year's Red Lions. While the Red Lions still boast of a stellar starting five their second to third rotation is a far cry from that of three years ago. This team rely heavily on a structured game with no individual player who can take charge and be a game changer. Disrupt their structure you destroy their game. You put pressure on their guards you and you stop their offensive machine from running.That is the reason why they lost 3 consecutive this second round. They cant seem to find a solution to that ful court press. Plus the fact that they lost the speed and running game.

This year is the era of the havenots in the collegiate basketball. Blue collar schools will reign even in the NCAA!
  • pepsipunkpepsipunk 👁 PBB Loyalist
    I think San Beda's only edge right now against the other four teams is their experience in the end-game situations and being a champion for 4 consecutive years. San Beda's weak spot is lacking a back-up center after Ola. Yes, Art and Kyle can play 5 position at times, but they are more of a stretch 4 rather than a 5.

Altas really has a deep bench now. Thompson and Baloria will give them headaches.
  • Depth and height.. As much as I want Perps to win, Sobrang hirap kalaban ng Beda. Beda by 9.
  • Envy16Envy16 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    3rd consecutive season na palang maghaharap ang SBC at UPHSD sa Final Four. Good luck to both teams!
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    img_11101451n.jpg?w=150&h=112

PASAY CITY – San Beda College is back in familiar territory, the championship series of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) basketball tournament. The defending champion and top seed Red Lions made short work of a fighting fourth seed University of Perpetual Help System-Dalta Altas, 81-75, in their Final Four encounter last Wednesday (October 15) at the Mall of Asia Arena. READ MORE
  • I think Arellano will definitely bounce back against the Bombers, beating them. Pero the jitters of both of the 70-341
    players, first time mag-final four will be a big issue here. Having an opening quarter jitters.
  • I think San Beda's only edge right now against the other four teams is their experience in the end-game situations and being a champion for 4 consecutive years. San Beda's weak spot is lacking a back-up center after Ola. Yes, Art and Kyle can play 5 position at times, but they are more of a stretch 4 rather than a 5. ??